Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 Inches of Blood

Go down 
+17
Thrasher73
Todd Jaymz
TheGooch
Temple of Blood
bgast1
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
Metal Misfit
Rex
Smindas
ultmetal
mc666
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
AchrisK
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:49 pm

3 Inches of Blood

I recently got Advance and Vanquish. On first listen, it pretty much rips! It has some of the intensity of your typical melodeath band, but combined with enough old school metal and speed metal to make it much more than typical. Reminds me a little of the last song on the Prophanity - Stronger than Steel album, which I love!!

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:06 pm

One of the better signings by Roadrunner, which has pretty much become a joke of a label, considering its former glory.

Nice mix of modern sound with some Judas Priest and Iron Maiden influences. Really looking forward to their next album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:17 pm

I wish I had their first album Sad

Yeah, I like A&V too, but it does get a tad repetitive after a while...

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:36 pm

it's not bad for a roadrunner release. i haven't bought it yet, but i got a copy from the newsgroups.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:10 pm

I like 'em quite a bit. They have some modern influences, but there is so much old school, classic metal, thrash and even a bit of death metal, that I dig it. The vocals are weird too, which I also like. I tend to like odd, charismatic vocal styles.

kmorg,
Brontotex has a copy of their first album. He might burn it for you.

ult

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:22 pm

They've set the title for the new album. It's going to be called Fire Up The Blades.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:28 pm

3IoB are a great band. I love the hilariously high vocals mixed with the far more aggressive ones - it works well together. Songs like Deadly Sinners and Axes of Evil are just plain fun.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:33 pm

Every song sounded exactly the same to me. I got rid of pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:

kmorg,
Brontotex has a copy of their first album. He might burn it for you.

Cool!,Ì'll ask him, and maybeyou can include a CDR in a package?

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 4:00 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Every song sounded exactly the same to me. I got rid of pretty quickly.

Yeah, I can see that happening. But for now I am enjoying it. I guess if you like the style well enough, maybe a whole album of it is an ok thing. Look at Tankard!

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
They have some modern influences,
there is absolutely nothing wrong with modern influences

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 12:39 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
One of the better signings by Roadrunner, which has pretty much become a joke of a label, considering its former glory.

But Megadeth is on Roadrunner now... Sad

Anyway, yeah this was a pretty good CD. I think I got it as soon as it came out because I stumbled across some high praise for it on the internet.

My only problem is the cookie monster singing on it, just let the wailer wail and cut the cookie monster out of the picture!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Quote :
But Megadeth is on Roadrunner now...

Ah, I forgot Megadeth was now on Roadrunner.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: !!   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 8:17 pm

Love 3 inches of blood!!!!! I love the mix of vocals (that thing usually works
well for me)🤘
Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah, I picked up A&V recently. Great album, overall. I really wish RoadRunner would promote this band more instead of promoting crap like Slipknot.
Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Great band. I can't listen to their albums all the time, but when I'm in the right mood they slay! I recently picked up a CD by Nekrogoblikon (probably one of the coolest metal names ever) and they remind of 3 Inches of Blood, but with more of a spoofy Elvenking style.

http://www.myspace.com/nekrogoblikon

Not bad for two nerds, eh?
Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:29 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Quote :
But Megadeth is on Roadrunner now...

Ah, I forgot Megadeth was now on Roadrunner.
Megadeth have had a similar fate to that of Roadrunner. Once considered so highly, but now a joke. Very suitable that they got signed to Roadrunner.
Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:48 am

I didnt listen to alot of it but i liked the singer. unique voice 🤘
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Upon furtherlistening, I am kida annoyed at the vocals on this album. It may not make the final cut.

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:39 pm

The vocals are part of what's cool about them. Bizarre? For sure. I like bizarre vocals though. Those falsetto vox are cool.

Slay the orchs, kill the orchs...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 am

3 Inches of Blood is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 7:05 am

I had ADVANCE & VANQUISH for a while but traded it away because the bizarre vocals annoyed the hell out of me. I don't quite "get" the dual-vocalist gimmick, especially when both of'em sound terrible!! (The falsetto guy's voice just went right through me, I couldn't stand him...)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:24 am

I picked up "Advance..." cheap at a used shop. I'm trying to get into it, I like the music, but the dual vocals aren't doing it for me. I'll give it some more spins, but I don't know if I'll hang onto it.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 3:54 pm

I started out liking the vocals, and still like some of them, but a whole album of them gets old. I think I get tired of the higher range deathy vox. I like the falsetto.

ack
Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 4:50 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I started out liking the vocals, and still like some of them, but a whole album of them gets old. I think I get tired of the higher range deathy vox. I like the falsetto.

ack
I have found that I really have to be in the mood to listen to this band. Otherwise the vocals often grate on me. When I'm in the mood, it's awesome; but otherwise the vocals can irritate me on certain songs. They sometimes remind me of a crazed muppet created by Jim Henson or something. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 Inches of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood   3 Inches of Blood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next