Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Night Flight Orchestra

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Rex
Eyesore
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Night Flight Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:38 am

So here's something that flew under my radar. The Night Flight Orchestra, which features Bjorn from Soilwork on vocals. Here's the kicker: this shit is hard rock, like 70s TOTO kind of stuff. Shocked

And it works!

The album came out in 2012. I just ordered it. Guess a second is around the corner. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 pm

interesting...i've always liked his clean singing voice. I like this....but I'm not sure its something I'd buy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:48 pm

I like both of those; I like the percussion.  It does remind me of Toto; I hear some latter day Doobie Brothers too - probably because of the percussion.

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 pm

This sounds more "early 80s" than 70s, but yeah, it harkens back to that general vicinity.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't know enough Toto (they're the 'Rain in Africa' guys, right?) to make any comparisons, but I do like what I hear from these guys. I can listen to this. Blabbermouth recently reported that their 2nd album is done and coming soon-ish. Neat-o.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Late 70s, early 80s, but yeah. Obviously it doesn't have the amazing harmonies that TOTO had (who does?), but I thought the comparison worked. Surprised this album didn't get more attention.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Late 70s, early 80s, but yeah. Obviously it doesn't have the amazing harmonies that TOTO had (who does?), but I thought the comparison worked. Surprised this album didn't get more attention.

Could be the name. I hear the word "orchestra" and I think "symphonic metal". Then head for the hills. TSO being the exception. Cool

The name Night Flight works though. Wonder if someone already owns it? Either way, I found a cheap copy on ebay and will have it in my grubby hands in a few days. happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Could be the name. I hear the word "orchestra" and I think "symphonic metal". Then head for the hills. TSO being the exception. Cool

The name Night Flight works though. Wonder if someone already owns it? Either way, I found a cheap copy on ebay and will have it in my grubby hands in a few days. happy

The cover also looks very alt-rockish. Either way, my copy should arrive tomorrow. =)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 am

tohostudios wrote:
I like both of those; I like the percussion.  It does remind me of Toto; I hear some latter day Doobie Brothers too - probably because of the percussion.

I'm hearing a little ELO in some of the songs too. Just a hint of orchestration without going full-blown symphony if that makes sense.

I'm finding this whole album to be quite enjoyable, considering I don't like any of the influences that have been mentioned. Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Interesting that you even bought it, considering. But yeah, I'm loving it. I wish it had those bigger, anthemic choruses, but it's still catchy, only in a more subtle way.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Eh, like James B. likes to say. "It's either stuff I like or stuff that sucks". This is music I like. The Night Flight Orchestra 56834

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 pm

THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA — the classic-rock band featuring Björn Strid (SOILWORK) and Sharlee D' Angelo (ARCH ENEMY, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS) — will release its second studio album, "Skyline Whispers", on June 9 via Coroner Records. The CD was recorded at Nordic Sound Lab Studios in Skara, Sweden, was engineered by THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA and Bengan Andersson, was mixed by Sebastian Forslund and mastered by Thomas Plec Johansson at Panic Room Studios in Skara.

"Skyline Whispers" track listing:

01. Sail On
02. Living For The Nighttime
03. Stiletto
04. Owaranai Palisades
05. Lady Jade
06. I Ain’t Old, I Ain’t Young
07. All the Ladies
08. Spanish Ghosts
09. Demon Princess
10. Skyline Whispers
11. Roads Less Traveled
12. The Heather Reports
13. Floridian Eyes (exclusive digipak bonus track)

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added new info)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:45 am

The Night Flight Orchestra TheNightFlightOrchestra_SkylineWhispersCD_638

June 9th

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Night Flight Orchestra TheNightFlightOrchestra_SkylineWhispersCD_638

June 9th

Passing this in a store, I would never take a second glance.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 am

Yea, that artwork ain't doin' them any favors. Hopefully the music contained within is far superior. I'm still digging that first album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 4:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, that artwork ain't doin' them any favors. Hopefully the music contained within is far superior. I'm still digging that first album.

Me too. It's fantastic.

That cover art is odd, too. Looks like some hipster indie album. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:17 am

Wow that'll need to go down in the worst album covers of all time thread next time it pops up.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:35 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to the new album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 am

Live performance of a track from the new album...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:59 am

Just got this today. =)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
Just got this today. =)

I'm looking for a reasonably priced copy. Kinda pricey at the moment. Online anyway. I haven't bothered checking in stores. Noone would have this in stock.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 4:34 am

Really love this song!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Man, this new album is outstanding. I love the first one, and this new one, I think, is way better. It rocks more, it's way catchier. I think this will easily make my top 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Night Flight Orchestra   The Night Flight Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Night Flight Orchestra
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next