Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They Lost Me

Go down 
+12
AchrisK
TH Joe
stars destroy
mr.electric39
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

They Lost Me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 8:21 am

mr.electric39 wrote:

Dio... everything after 'Holy Diver'.....

Wow!?! Have you heard "Dream Evil" or "Kill the Dragon"? For that matter, what's wrong with "Last in Line"?
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 3:30 pm

I can't get into any Metallica after the Black Album. Anthrax's first cd with John Bush was pretty good. Everything after that was lame. Megadeth's "Risk" cd was barely even listenable.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Dio... everything after 'Holy Diver'.....

Wow!?! Have you heard "Dream Evil" or "Kill the Dragon"? For that matter, what's wrong with "Last in Line"?

I liked the tune "last in line".. but couldn't get past the lame chorus in 'I Speed at Night'.... one of my best friends liked it... Once I heard 'rock n roll children'... forget it... gimme sabbath, rainbow or diver.... pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Metallica: ...and Justice for All
Self Explanitory

Exodus: Pleasures of the Flesh
I was such a huge fan of Bonded by Blood and waited so long for the next disc, and when it came out it was a different band. I have been opening my mind to post BBB stuff letely, though.

Embodyment: Embrace the Eternal
From death metal to metalcore

Living Sacrifice: Reborn
see above

Tourniquet: Whatever was after Pathogenic Occular Dissonance
Self Explanitory

Underoath - Whatever is after Cries of the Past
See above

Vengeance Rising - whatever is after Once Dead
see above

ack
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:58 am

Metallica-Load
Skid Row (can't imagine them with out Bach anymore)
Warrant (changed to some kind of grunge/alternative band IMO)
Motley Crue (after Vince left the first time)
Amorphis (after Elegy the magic was gone for me)

After becoming a Christian I stopped following a lot of bands (I listen to some old stuff from them but then only select albums):

King Diamond (I plan on at least adding Spider's Lullaby and The Graveyard to my collection)
Slayer (I might get their double live album again but that's about it)
Exodus (I do plan on getting Fabulous Disaster though)

Bands I lost touch with but I plan on catching up with in the future:

Testament, Overkill, Fates Warning, Mortification, Sentenced (easier now that they've disbanded), Nevermore, there's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

Although they haven't lost me, I'm not loving Dream Theater as much as I used to. The last album from them I listened to religiously from first song to last was Train Of Thought. Octivarium, I listen to about half that album on a semi-regular basis and I need to give Systematic Chaos some more spins.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 9:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Warrant (changed to some kind of grunge/alternative band IMO)
I highly recommend Born Again. Quite a nice return to form. A solid slab of great rock tunes.

http://www.myspace.com/warrantband

Quote :
Even Eclipse and Silent Waters?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
Quote :

I never heard those ones, with Tuonela I just didn't enjoy the music like I did with Elegy (it had it's moments but I was not really impressed) and gave up on them. It seems like I need to get re-aquainted with them then as it seems those two are a kind of return to form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:23 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
I never heard those ones, with Tuonela I just didn't enjoy the music like I did with Elegy (it had it's moments but I was not really impressed) and gave up on them. It seems like I need to get re-aquainted with them then as it seems those two are a kind of return to form.
I loved the mellow stuff, but if you miss the Elegy style, the two latest should please you. Elegy was a mix of what came after and what came before. That is exactly what the latest two are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:41 am

Metallica hasn't really lost me, but I don't like the last three studio albums (aside from a few songs on each). Garage Days was realy good though.

Motley Crue has pretty much sucked to me since Dr. Feelgood, except for that song "If I Die Tomorrow".

Van Halen wasn't anything with Hagar at the helm. Thank God VH and DL Roth had the good sense to get back together.

KISS has been pretty bad since they took off the makeup, with exception of two or three songs. Seeing as they're pretty much a touring band only at this point and haven't released anyting new since '98, I don't think they could technically be on this list. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Def Leppard - Slang, although I like the releases after slang

Maiden - lost me at X Factor, won me back at BNW, although X and XI have some good songs (I just don't like Blaze's voice)

Megadeth - Risk (they also came back around)

Queensryche - Hear In The Now Frontier (they did have some Ok albums after wards, but haven't been the same since promised land)

Dream Theather - Falling Into Infinity, kept me from picking up SFAM until it was out over a year!

Van Halen - VH3, it seems they lost themselves too

Deliverance - What a joke lost me, stay won me back, everything else lost me, but I am willing to give the new CD a try
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Androcles wrote:
Motley Crue has pretty much sucked to me since Dr. Feelgood, except for that song "If I Die Tomorrow".
"If I Die Tomorrow" is a really good song, which is funny considering Sixx wrote it with A Simple Plan (or whatever that band's name is). Have you heard the self-titled with John Corabi on vocals? I've always felt that was the best post-Feelgood album. It's really great, but a different sort of album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:42 pm

I forgot Queensryche. After Promised Land I became dissapoitned that they left metal (as did too MANY bands at the time). "E tu, Queensryche?" was my thought.

Last edited by on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:12 am

stars destroy wrote:
First band that comes to mind is Savatage. They released Gurrer Ballet and that was the end for me. THey went from great metal band to wimpy piano metal band.

You should give Edge Of Thorns a try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:13 am

ANd Metallica lost me long ago, as did Bride.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:46 am

Queensryche after Promise Land changed. The albums wern't bad, just not anything like I knew or expected from the band. So, yeah they lost me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Although they haven't lost me, I'm not loving Dream Theater as much as I used to. The last album from them I listened to religiously from first song to last was Train Of Thought. Octivarium, I listen to about half that album on a semi-regular basis and I need to give Systematic Chaos some more spins.

I'm probably going to have to eat those words. Last night I listened to oth O and SC and found myself liking them both more than before. The only song from O that still doesn't hold me like other DT songs, is Octivarium which is a tad too long and the end with LaBrie screaming gets a bit old. As for SC, it will probably hang on to my top 20 because now I realize how good the album is. I used to always pride myself on liking a DT release upon first listen, while it took many listens for others. This album took about four spins to finally grow on me which NEVER happened before. I'm still waiting for another masterpiece, but until then I like what I hear (I just hope the next release doesn't require so many spins to finally grab a hold of me).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Have you heard the self-titled with John Corabi on vocals? I've always felt that was the best post-Feelgood album. It's really great, but a different sort of album.

I've heard some of it, didn't like it all that much.

Where is John Corabi, nowadays?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:31 pm

Androcles wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Have you heard the self-titled with John Corabi on vocals? I've always felt that was the best post-Feelgood album. It's really great, but a different sort of album.

I've heard some of it, didn't like it all that much.

Where is John Corabi, nowadays?

Last I heard, I believe he was playing 2nd guitarist in Ratt. Don't know if that's still the case.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:38 pm

velvet revolver - libertad - REALLY generic and bland. now i just don't find myself listening to them. i even replaced the velvet revolver poster on my wall lol

ozzy osbourne - last few - when people ask me what i fink of ozzys solo stuff i just say 'meh, its alright' even tho the first 2 espiecially are 2 of my favourite albums ever

iced earth - framing armageddon - its alright but i can't see myself getting part 2 the day its released
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Slayer's Christ Illusion had too much metalcore vox, but it was a step up from GHUA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:53 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Slayer's Christ Illusion had too much metalcore vox, but it was a step up from GHUA.
surprised

You sure you got the right album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:49 pm

Metallica - the black album on, forget about it. No
Def Leppard - Adrenalize on. Slang was so bad, it cant be defined. confused
Skid Row - without Sebastian Back. Im confused. Suspect
Megadeth - one word, Risk. Evil or Very Mad
Slayer - I have no idea what happened. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
defender_of_the_faith wrote:
surprised

You sure you got the right album?

The part that really gets me everytime is when Tom sings "Got to make it stop Can't take it any more! Death's face keeps haunting me And just keeps coming back for more!" over that lame riff. This has got to be the worst part of the album. I'm not sure about you guys, but it screams metalcore everytime i listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Lost Me   They Lost Me - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Lost Me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2