Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dumb Lyrical Passages

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
Smindas
Troublezone
T-Roy
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
mc666
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:57 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
"The greatest thrill in life, to slit my cock with a knife" - Cannibal Corpse

- Probably the dumbest line ever

Cannibal Corpse's entire CAREER has been one looooong "stupid lyrical passage!" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:07 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Smindas wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Strapping Young Lad-You Suck
Oh yeah!
HELL YEAH!
WHOA YEAHHHH!!!!
HELL F*CKING YEAH!!!
WHOA
Give us back the temptation
WE HATE YOU!!!
This is not the temptation
Sing it now!
OHHH YEAH!
HELL YEAHHHH!!!
Tell us how much they f*cking suck!
HELL YEAH THEY F*CKING SUCK!
Even your girlfriend f*cking sucks!
HELL YEAH SHE F*CKING SUCKS!
Oh f*ck you you f*cking F*uck!
HELL YEAH YOU F*CKING SUCK!
Tell me how much you f*cking suck!
HELL YEAH WE F*CKING SUCK!
Hell yeah you f*cking suck!
We are the losers of all that we know!
F*ck us all!

These are some of the best lyrics in existence. You Suck is just hilarious genius. Especially the girlfriend bit.

I have to agree with Smindas. Man, I love that album...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Axman wrote:
Smindas wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Oh yeah!
HELL YEAH!
WHOA YEAHHHH!!!!
HELL F*CKING YEAH!!!
WHOA
WE HATE YOU!!!
Sing it now!
OHHH YEAH!
HELL YEAHHHH!!!
F*ck us all!

These are some of the best lyrics in existence. You Suck is just hilarious genius. Especially the girlfriend bit.

Nothing wrong with the music, but IMO cussing every third word shows a lack of intelegence which makes that a majorly dumb lyrical passage. A cuss word here and there, no problem but constant use is very annoying. I used to think it was cool to cuss like a sailor but over the years I just see people who do it as loud mouth jerks who have a lack of vocabulary and no self control (I'm not passing judgement because I used to be one of the same loud mouth jerks). Using language like that is not something I think people should be proud of but again maybe I'm just a prude.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Sounds like a sex change operation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Cannibal Corpse's entire CAREER has been one looooong "stupid lyrical passage!" Laughing
bullsh*t

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:04 am

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Line Load up on guns, bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's over bored and self assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it was hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind
hello, hello, hello, how low?
With the lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My Libido
Yay, a denial
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:57 am

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

bullsh*t

...post one Cannibal Corpse song, that does not contain insanely dumb lyrics - Extra point for finding some with actual intelligence in.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:11 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

bullsh*t

...post one Cannibal Corpse song, that does not contain insanely dumb lyrics - Extra point for finding some with actual intelligence in.
it's gore lyrics... it's supposed to be sick/insane. that does not make them dumb. but to answer your question... how about Stripped, Raped, & Strangled?

does that not sound like something a serial killer might write?

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:22 am

mc666 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

bullsh*t

it's gore lyrics... it's supposed to be sick/insane. that does not make them dumb. but to answer your question... how about Stripped, Raped, & Strangled?

Gore lyrics IS dumb, and there is no sign of intelligence, thought, or anything thought-provoking. I rea the lyrics to the song...doesn't look much different than anything else they have written, all though it's far from their worst - Still, anybody could have written that.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:32 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

bullsh*t

Gore lyrics IS dumb
that's not only bad English, but a broad generalization. you are in the camp that thinks anything "immoral" equals anything dumb i guess. anyone may have written that, but that does not make it dumb. what is it about the song that does not make sense to you? perhaps i can explain it to you.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:50 am

mc666 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

bullsh*t

Gore lyrics IS dumb
that's not only bad English, but a broad generalization. you are in the camp that thinks anything "immoral" equals anything dumb i guess. anyone may have written that, but that does not make it dumb. what is it about the song that does not make sense to you? perhaps i can explain it to you.

All right, maybe "dumb" would be an incorrect label. I will just say, that litterally ALL of Cannibal Corpse and many Modern Death Metal band's songs are extremely repetitive - "Death! Hatred! Murder! Kill the Priest! Slaughter! Blood! grrrrr....rape your mother....eat your dog! grrrr!". Some are not, but that certainly sums up the entire Cannibal Corpse discography (I have read 20+ lyrical pieces of them, and they are ALL the same). Hm...it's simple, repetitive, immature, and shows no sign of intelligence or thought-through ideas - Which is okay...because the music must make up for it...oh, wait...it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:10 am

repetitive? sure i'll give you that one... without even thinking about it. nothing original at all lyrically. but is it dumb? not at all. your opinion of their music is simply one mans opinion & not fact.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Axman wrote:
Smindas wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Oh yeah!
HELL YEAH!
WHOA YEAHHHH!!!!
HELL F*CKING YEAH!!!
WHOA
WE HATE YOU!!!
Sing it now!
OHHH YEAH!
HELL YEAHHHH!!!
F*ck us all!

Nothing wrong with the music, but IMO cussing every third word shows a lack of intelegence which makes that a majorly dumb lyrical passage. A cuss word here and there, no problem but constant use is very annoying. I used to think it was cool to cuss like a sailor but over the years I just see people who do it as loud mouth jerks who have a lack of vocabulary and no self control (I'm not passing judgement because I used to be one of the same loud mouth jerks). Using language like that is not something I think people should be proud of but again maybe I'm just a prude.
You're thinking too hard about the song. It isn't about a lack of 'intelegence' (irony ;D), it's just Devin letting off steam. The song wouldn't have the over-the-top, somewhat self-parodying effect it has if it wasn't filled with the expletive. I really doubt someone like Devin Townsend is trying to appear 'cool' by cussing 'like a sailor'. I agree that in every day conversation, that would be unnecessary, but in the context of music, it's usually a very deliberate use and You Suck is no different. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I don't think you should dismiss it for overusing the word "f*ck". It's just a word.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 am

Smindas wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Axman wrote:
Smindas wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Oh yeah!
HELL YEAH!
WHOA YEAHHHH!!!!
HELL F*CKING YEAH!!!
WHOA
WE HATE YOU!!!
Sing it now!
OHHH YEAH!
HELL YEAHHHH!!!
F*ck us all!

You're thinking too hard about the song. It isn't about a lack of 'intelegence' (irony ;D), it's just Devin letting off steam. The song wouldn't have the over-the-top, somewhat self-parodying effect it has if it wasn't filled with the expletive. I really doubt someone like Devin Townsend is trying to appear 'cool' by cussing 'like a sailor'. I agree that in every day conversation, that would be unnecessary, but in the context of music, it's usually a very deliberate use and You Suck is no different. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I don't think you should dismiss it for overusing the word "f*ck". It's just a word.

I don't dismiss the song based on the lyrics, I just don't like hearing that much cussing in the music I listen to (which is one of the reasons I don't listen to Biohazard anymore). Just because it's blowing off steam doesn't mean there is any inteligence in the use of the word. No matter how you cut it, I still think the lyrics are dumb. Again that's just me Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:45 am

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I just think it's a bit odd to even examine a song like that for its intellectual value, when intelligence clearly isn't the message it's trying to get across. Ah well.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Lyrical Passages   Dumb Lyrical Passages - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Lyrical Passages
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2