Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retroactive Record's Roster

Go down 
+9
exact33
Rex
kethdredd
T-Roy
Thrasher73
kmorg
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:48 am

Quote :
I racked up lots of those "buy 3, get 1 free" coupons

Yes! I loved those. We had a Berean's about 30 miles away and I'd tag along with my Mom if she went to the "city" shopping. She'd drop me there and I'd just browse for hours. They had a great selection....all the ones you mentioned, really.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 am

There is still a really good one in Albuquerque. Robert from Ultimatum runs the music store. It's a big store. It's called Bible Plus and is in a strip mall. The music store is in it's own store connected to the rest of the store. In the past their selection has always been outstanding. Their CD stock has become a bit smaller over the years as Wal-Mart and the internet have really cut into their sales, forcing them to cut back on stock. Sort of sucks.

There were a few other great Christian music stores in Albuquerque as well. One has since closed and the other, which is the one closest to my house, no longer carries anything by mainstream music and praise & worship CDs.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I racked up lots of those "buy 3, get 1 free" coupons

Yes! I loved those. We had a Berean's about 30 miles away and I'd tag along with my Mom if she went to the "city" shopping. She'd drop me there and I'd just browse for hours. They had a great selection....all the ones you mentioned, really.

Maybe if the "regular" major labels would adopt a coupon/ reward policy like the Christian labels did back then, the music industry wouldn't be in such dire shape...

The last time I ordered a couple of oldies from RadRockers the CDs still had those "Buy 3, get 1 Free" coupons stuck to the wrappers... I was like "WOW, I wish I could still use these!" Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Retroactive is on to something good...They do the supply / demand concept very well. I couldn't get myself to purchase old christian metal band titles for what some places were asking. They get a big giant sized thumbs up from me. Also, they are helping one of my best friends get some long over do recognition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:35 pm

I loved those "buy 3 get 1 free" coupons.We had a Berean bookstore close to where I live that kept all the good metal in stock.I spent all my money at that place.Those were the days.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
But they ned much better distribution. The only way to get there stuff in Europe is online.

...or you could move to America. lol!

or have scott waters end them to me 🤘 cheers scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Record's Roster   Retroactive Record's Roster - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Record's Roster
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2