Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bride. A Little Help?

Go down 
+11
kethdredd
Lurideath
Shiney
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
mr.electric39
ultmetal
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Bride. A Little Help? Empty
PostSubject: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 am

Someone help me out here.

I like classic 80's metal.

Does Bride fall into this catagory, if so what do you recommend as an introduction to the band?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 am

Bride, you say?

Start out with what is, in my opinion, their best album, and a great introduction that really covers everything about the band - Live to Die

I love that album. Just kick ass Heavy Metal 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 am

"Live To Die" - METAL Metal

"Snakes In The Playground" - GnR-type Metal
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:16 am

"Snakes in the Playground" is indeed a great CD. I've never heard any of their earlier (i.e. more "METAL") stuff, though I've been meaning to check it out for awhile now. The only other Bride disc I have is the "Snakes" followup, "Scarecrow Messiah," and that ain't bad either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 am

Bride have some great releases.but they tend to trend hop.I would recommend:
Silence is Madness
Snakes in the Playground
Kinetic Faith
Scarecrow Messiah
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 am

I only liked one Bride cd (owned several).

Live To Die friggin' melts. Snakes, Knetic.....not so much

Their first release was pretty good too.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:18 am

NO OFFENSE BTW!!!! PURELY...IMO! humble
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Silence is Madness
Snakes in the Playground
Kinetic Faith
Scarecrow Messiah

These are good recommendations, along with "Live to Die" and and "Show No Mercy". Their most "METAL" CD was "Live to Die".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Silence is Madness
Snakes in the Playground
Kinetic Faith
Scarecrow Messiah

These are good recommendations, along with "Live to Die" and and "Show No Mercy". Their most "METAL" CD was "Live to Die".

Agree with Ult on 'Live to Die' as their 'most metal' disc. Their first three albums 'Show No Mercy', 'Live to Die' and 'Silence is Madness' are very good heavy metal platters with some fantastic stuff.
After you hear tunes like 'Metal Might' or 'Live to Die','Whiskey Seed' you'll be screamin'

Bride did the 'Silence' album and then did an about face and started a more 'commerically viable' style of metal. When 'End of the Age' (their first greatest hits) came out it included 'Everybody Knows My Name' which was their biggest single in the christian market. Very much like Guns and Roses IMO, but it rocked... It was a hint for their next disc which was 'Kinetic Faith', still heavy but more 'commerical'...

I put it in quotes because there was enough beltin it out to forgive the stylistic change. Their most popular was 'Snakes in The Playground' which came after KF. Better production and toonige. Solid groove laiden metal, but still in that GNR late 80's vein. Hearing 'Would do die for me' just killed me.... !!!

Dale Thompson is one of the best vocalists in the business. After 'Snakes' they changed styles too often to keep track and IMO never have regained that momentum professionally. The last discs were ok, but still lacking....

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:16 pm

Silence Is Madness is my favorite and the album that ushered me irriversably into metal but Snakes, Live To Die, Scarecrow Messiah and Kinetic Faith are all great as well....

I remember my preacher was over for a visit when I was still in HS and I used Live To Die as "proof" to him that not all metal was "evil, Satan music". He read some of the lyrics and really didn't have much to say!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Silence Is Madness is my favorite and the album that ushered me irriversably into metal but Snakes, Live To Die, Scarecrow Messiah and Kinetic Faith are all great as well....

I remember my preacher was over for a visit when I was still in HS and I used Live To Die as "proof" to him that not all metal was "evil, Satan music". He read some of the lyrics and really didn't have much to say!

gotta love that !!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:21 pm

I've never heard that band, don't own anything by them and really can't recommend anything. That's about as little help as I can give, Spectre.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Buy the 4 cds mntiond above most often....and you'l be pleased...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've never heard that band, don't own anything by them and really can't recommend anything. That's about as little help as I can give, Spectre.
Boy...that's good stuff right there, where can we send the check? lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:32 pm

T-Roy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boy...that's good stuff right there, where can we send the check? lol!

Just doing my part to help a brother out. I wouldn't want to steer him in the wrong direction.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 pm

lol! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Live to Die and Silence is Madness are the only good ones by this band to me. So I'd get one of them. Preferrable Live to Die!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:36 pm

word G!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

You suck.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You suck.

I'm sorry, that was mean. You were looking for recommendations. Try Bride's Oddities. Don't believe what others will tell you. They lie. Oddities was their BEST release and a really GREAT overview of their TRUE sound.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You suck.

I'm sorry, that was mean. You were looking for recommendations. Try Bride's Oddities. Don't believe what others will tell you. They lie. Oddities was their BEST release and a really GREAT overview of their TRUE sound.

Sorry Metalguy,we're gonna have to revoke your metal card
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:31 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You suck.

Sorry Metalguy,we're gonna have to revoke your metal card

See Spectre, they are trying to tell you I'm insane and I don't know what I'm talking about. Don't listen to them. THEY are the ones trying to deceive you, not me. For your protection, I'm gonna have to ask you to not read this next statement.

*I don't have a F#%$ing clue what Bride sounds like!!

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm

I just ordered Oddities on your recommendation, MG.

I'll bring it with to the next bee.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You suck.

Laughing very hard

Sorry, I found this incredibly funny. I love Bride and Dale is actually a friend of mine. However, do they have a "TRUE sound"? Bride always followed trends and were never shy about saying so. With Oddities they were going for the grungy Alice in Chains sound. Nothing wrong with that, but how is that sound more "TRUE" than the speed metal of "Live to Die" or the Aerosmith-inspired groove of "Snakes in the Playground", or for that matter the rapcore of "Fistful of Bees"?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:38 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I just ordered Oddities on your recommendation, MG.

I'll bring it with to the next bee.

Sweet. I'll put it in the cd shuffle with St. Anger, The X Factor and Helloween's Chameleon. All classics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bride. A Little Help?   Bride. A Little Help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride. A Little Help?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next