Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bride - Tsar Bomba

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 am

Anyone heard the new Bride CD yet? I received a promo copy to check out. It's pretty heavy and sounds like Bride. Has a bit more modern vibe than the past couple CDs IMO. The mix and mastering sounds great. It's not overly hot and compressed like many modern releases. I think that Cliffy mastered this. I'll need to give this a few more spins to form an opinion of it, but thus far it sounds pretty good.

Anyone else heard this yet? Thoughts?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 am

Is this the album that was supposed to financed by fan donations? Or did they decide not to go that route?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Is this the album that was supposed to financed by fan donations?

Yes it is. I don't think it was 100% fan funded, but it was at least partially fan-funded.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:02 am

I've heard one song off their myspace.It sounded pretty good but a little more modern like you said.I'll probably pick it up at some point.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:20 am

Here's one review. It's a bit longwinded, but it gives a good overview of the CD.

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/b/bride09.html

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
Here's one review. It's a bit longwinded, but it gives a good overview of the CD.

As soon as you said "it's a bit long winded," I thought "gotta be from Angelic Warlord" before I even looked at the link. Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Anyone heard the new Bride CD yet? I received a promo copy to check out. It's pretty heavy and sounds like Bride. Has a bit more modern vibe than the past couple CDs IMO. The mix and mastering sounds great. It's not overly hot and compressed like many modern releases. I think that Cliffy mastered this. I'll need to give this a few more spins to form an opinion of it, but thus far it sounds pretty good.

Anyone else heard this yet? Thoughts?

Correct...I mastered it. Anything that I master will always have its full dynamic range. It's as loud as it should be, but it doesn't hurt your ears to listen to like so many modern discs do.

later...Cliffy

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 pm

Looks like the guy writing has a serious case of Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder. That is not a review, that is an encyclopedia!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Yes I received my promo a couple of days ago... I've spun 3 it times so far... I'll listen to it a few more times before I post a review on the WT blog.

I like this album... It's light years better than 'skin for skin' which I found to be montonous and boring. This disc has a few elements of 'groove metal' but none of that faux rap sounding stuff... well maybe a little.

There really is some BRILLIANT rock n roll here... Listen to 'We are The People' or 'When I was a Kid'... 'Love Shine' hit me a first with a Zeppelin vibe as in 'Dyer Maker' but then sorta crossover in to sometype of modern rock/metal vibe. I also dig that first tune 'Industrial Christ'

Cliffy's mastering was brilliant and I wish Tim Bushong was doing recording stuff 20-25 years ago....

If this is indeed Brides last disc they've gone out with a fine album indeed.

Listen to Rhapsodie Fur Eine Gitarre... Bohemmian Rhapsody on accoustic guitar by Steve Osbourne.... BRILLIANT!!!

Bride - Tsar Bomba 108889
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Bride - Tsar Bomba Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Tsar Bomba   Bride - Tsar Bomba Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride - Tsar Bomba
Page 1 of 1