Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Ballads...

Go down 
+19
the sentinel
James B.
Stender
Troublezone
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
rattpoison
mr.electric39
shamgar75
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Shiney
MetalRob331
kmorg
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Power Ballads... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:31 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Stryper - Lady
sick

Cannot stand that song. But to each their own! Smile

Really? I always thought it was Stryper's best ballad. Then again, I still think AGAINST THE LAW (from whence "Lady" came) is their best album, and I appear to be in the severe minority in that opinion.

Now, "Honestly," "Together As One," "I Believe In You" -- those have aged about as well as milk left outside in July.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Now, "Honestly," "Together As One," "I Believe In You" -- those have aged about as well as milk left outside in July.

I'm not a hardcore Stryper fan, I've only casually listened to them, but I think most of their ballads are pretty bad.

'To Hell With the Devil' is an AWESOME song though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:56 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

I'm not a hardcore Stryper fan, I've only casually listened to them, but I think most of their ballads are pretty bad.

I didn't have a problem with their ballads back in the day, but they've aged so terribly that I can't listen to them now without going "Ugh."

I also hated their habit of putting TWO ballads on each album (one on each album side)... one per album woulda been plenty...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 pm

I like Love Kills by the Vinnie Vincent Invasion alot. and IMO I'll Wait by Van Halen was pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Well since I didn't listen to Stryper until 6-7 years ago that is probably why it doesn't affect me much. However I will admit Lady is the best of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:25 pm

Quote :

scottmitchell74 wrote:

And my #1 all-time?

Steel Dragon/Steelheart - We All Die Young - that's the BEST "made for a movie" song I've ever heard!!

Great Song Scott.I love that song and Rockstar is one of my favorite movies ever.All the Steel Dragon tunes are pretty good IMO

Just out of curiousity does anybody know who the singer and band was that performed the song Wasted Generation from that movie? I downloaded it to my mp3 player and man that song rips. That singer is good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 pm

EDDIE WEINBAUER wrote:
Quote :

scottmitchell74 wrote:

And my #1 all-time?

Steel Dragon/Steelheart - We All Die Young - that's the BEST "made for a movie" song I've ever heard!!

Great Song Scott.I love that song and Rockstar is one of my favorite movies ever.All the Steel Dragon tunes are pretty good IMO

Just out of curiousity does anybody know who the singer and band was that performed the song Wasted Generation from that movie? I downloaded it to my mp3 player and man that song rips. That singer is good.

I'm not 100% sure, but if it was a Steel Dragon song, I think the lead singer from Steelheart (Mike Mjket-something) did all the vocals, Zakk Wylde on guitar and Jeff Pilson on bass. I dunno know who played drums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Jeff Scott Soto was the voice behind the original Steel Dragon singer
Mike Matijevic(Steelheart)did the vocals for Mark Wahlbergs voice
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I dunno know who played drums.

Jason Bonham was the drummer for Steel Dragon.Some more useless info-the Drummer for Blood Polution was Blas Elias(Slaughter)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:56 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Jason Bonham was the drummer for Steel Dragon.Some more useless info-the Drummer for Blood Polution was Blas Elias(Slaughter)

Yea, I know it was them in the movie, but did Bonham actually play drums on the soundtrack? And who actually sang on the soundtrack, Soto or the Steelheart guy?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, I know it was them in the movie, but did Bonham actually play drums on the soundtrack? And who actually sang on the soundtrack, Soto or the Steelheart guy?

I dont know about who actually played drums on the soundtrack but from what I understand Soto and Matjevic both sang on the soundtrack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 pm

Here's some of my faves:

Testament- The Ballad
Metallica- Fade To Black
KISS- God Gave Rock and Roll To You
Cinderella- Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)
Poison- Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Yeah that's right! I put Metallica and Testament on my list!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:04 am

I know its not a Power Ballad but this is one of about 3 songs that bring me to instant tears. The message in this song is so strong...

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:20 pm

Winger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUsYBO5QdVE&feature=related

Whitesnake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnH4yNqL8E&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Definately....

Never, Ever-- Hammerfall
Starlight-- Freedom Call
Believe-- Savatage
Somewhere in time/Alone you breathe-- Savatage
I miss the rain-- Bride

Yeah, I always get made fun of by the other kids at my local High school radio program for playing stuff like this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:15 pm

Ah, power ballads. I don't love em, but I have a healthy respect and liking for them.

Some of my favorites:

Aerosmith--Angel
Bon Jovi--I'll Be There For You
KISS--Beth
Metallica--Fade To Black
Styx--Lady
Journey--Open Arms
Foreigner--I Want To Know What Love Is
Guns N' Roses--all of theirs

That's all I can think of, off of the top of my head.

🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:32 pm

greetings:

"Shining Love" by Odin
"Fly To The Angels" by Slaughter
"House of Broken Love" by Great White
"Takin' My Life" by Pantera
"Love Ain't No Stranger" by Whitesnake
"If You Could Only See" by Tonic
"Screaming In The Night" by Krokus
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Dokken - Alone Again
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Judas Priest - Last Rose of Summer
Y&T- I Believe in You
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:43 am

I said I wasn't going to mention those beyond the 80s and early 90s but I listened to this song last night and was reminded that this is one of my favorite songs of all time: Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Nobody mentioned Vinnie Vincent Invasion's "That Time of Year", which I feel eclipses that of "Love Kills".

I also love "Change of A Season" by Bonham off of Mad Hatter. Great video as well. R.I.P. Daniel MacMaster.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:35 pm

I used to like power ballads but then everyone started doing them anyway here are mine:

Alice Cooper-It's Me
Deep Purple-Truth Hurts
Rainbow-Stone Cold
Skid Row-I Remember You
LA Guns-Ballad of Jayne
Twisted Sister-The Price
Bad Company-No Smoke without a Fire
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Been on a latter-era Dokken kick this week. There have been some cool ballads on those records...

"Nothing Left To Say" (from DYSFUNCTIONAL)
"Who Believes" and "In Your Honor" (from ERASE THE SLATE)
Even the hated SHADOWLIFE has a pretty decent acoustic/ballad track on it -- "Convenience Store Messiah."
Also:
Don Dokken - "When Love Finds A Fool" (from his UP FROM THE ASHES solo album)

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:38 pm

I actually like 'Shadow Life' I think it was a very cool album, where Dokken tired something different, and the ballads you choose are top shelf.

My pick is the London Quireboys-You Don't Love Me Anymore, great ballad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Britny Fox's "Over and Out" is top favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

How'sabout:

"Hold On to My Heart" - W.A.S.P.

"Lonely" - Crimson Glory

"When Love Comes Down" - Vicious Rumors

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Ballads...   Power Ballads... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Ballads...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next