Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hades! (The New Jersey one)

Go down 
+11
powermacho
DeathCult
Lurideath
Metalgiant
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Shiney
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm

I like all their stuff, but damn they are hard to find!!!!

Alan Tecchio is an AMAZING vocalist.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:39 am

Lurideath wrote:

Ditto! i'm still looking for half of their bck catalogue.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 pm

I love Resisting Success and If At First you dont succeed, great albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:20 pm

I have heard an album from them and I liked them. I want to get the seven witches album with Alan Tecchio.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Ditto! i'm still looking for half of their bck catalogue.

check out amazon Kmorg
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:52 pm

powermacho wrote:
I have heard an album from them and I liked them. I want to get the seven witches album with Alan Tecchio.

Alan has done two records with Seven Witches now -- AMPED and the recent DEADLY SINS.

AMPED wasn't so hot but DEADLY SINS is pretty decent. Overall tho, Seven Witches' best album IMO is PASSAGE TO THE OTHER SIDE (with James Rivera on vocals)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
powermacho wrote:

Alan has done two records with Seven Witches now -- AMPED and the recent DEADLY SINS.

AMPED wasn't so hot but DEADLY SINS is pretty decent. Overall tho, Seven Witches' best album IMO is PASSAGE TO THE OTHER SIDE (with James Rivera on vocals)

or Year of the Witch.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:23 am

thrasher73 wrote:

or Year of the Witch.

I like YEAR OF THE WITCH too but PASSAGE ... just has that little extra "somethin'" if you know what I mean.

Plus it has that bad-ass Def Leppard cover ("Wasted") 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 pm

this sounds like fun..

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106535

Former HADES Members Launch SCREAMING METAL Cover Band - Oct. 9, 2008
Former HADES members Alan Tecchio, Dan Lorenzo, and Ron Lipnicki (who is now the drummer in OVERKILL) have teamed up with Fuse TV's "Talking Metal" duo, John Ostronomy and Mark Strigl, to form SCREAMING METAL — a one-night-only cover band. SCREAMING METAL has been jamming songs by JUDAS PRIEST, KISS, METALLICA, BLACK SABBATH and AC/DC the last few months in preparation for its only concert — Saturday, February 7 at Dingbatz in Clifton, New Jersey. Openers will include LOWBUZ, who will be performing its last show ever.

Commented Tecchio: "Jamming these songs has brought back a lot of great memories, and at our age we can approach this with a more mature perspective." Lorenzo added, "I never wanted to be in a cover band, but I have to admit it's fun as hell to jam songs like 'Mob Rules' and 'Walk All Over You' just like I did when I started playing the clubs in the early '80s." Strigl said, "John and I feel honored to play with guys who's history helped define the genre. The songs we have been jamming on are more of the deep cuts, most of these songs will not be found on the typical cover band's setlist. I think this will make our gig a real treat for the true hard rock and metal fans."

Visit www.dingbatznj.com for more information.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Got a promo of Hades' new BOOTLEGGED IN BOSTON 1988 DVD in today's mail. Haven't watched it yet but am very interested in seeing the old live footage as well as the bonus "Hades: Behind the Metal" documentary (which the band self produced during the making of the SAVIOURSELF album) that's included as a bonus.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Found a cool interview with Hades guitarist Dan Lorenzo about the DVD and some Hades history. Never knew that Tommy Coombs (former drummer) played in Trixter for a short period!! Laughing very hard

http://www.examiner.com/x-5629-Heavy-Metal-Examiner~y2009m5d20-Exclusive-interview-with-Hades-guitarist-Dan-Lorenzo-Bringing-Thrash-back-with-Bootlegged-In-Boston

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Got a promo of Hades' new BOOTLEGGED IN BOSTON 1988 DVD in today's mail. Haven't watched it yet but am very interested in seeing the old live footage as well as the bonus "Hades: Behind the Metal" documentary (which the band self produced during the making of the SAVIOURSELF album) that's included as a bonus.

Sounds awesome! Don't know how I missed this one \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Dont own any Hades, but their 80's stuff is cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Watched this DVD last night, pretty cool stuff if you're a diehard old school Hades fan but pretty worthless unless you're already a fan of the band. As the title suggests, this is an old bootleg video pressed to DVD and therefore the live set (taped during their brief East Coast tour with Nuclear Assault and Manowar back in the day) is pretty sh*tty, washed out quality. Soundwise it's not bad but since it was shot by a guy in the audience you only see vocalist Alan Tecchio about half the time, the camera guy was on the side of the stage closer to the guitarist and bassist so they're the guys you see most of. The entire live set has a weird orange haze around it too, probably due to a lot of reds being used on the stage lighting. Fun to watch once or twice but nothing I would sit through over and over again.

The bonus stuff is fun though -- a homemade "Behind the Music" documentary about the band called "Hades: Inside the Metal" (which was shot in 2000 to pimp the then-current release of THE DOWNSIDE), plus the (cheesy) videos for "Y2K" and "Ground Zero NYC," and one of Dan Lorenzo (guitarist)'s solo jams. Worth a look if you were a fan back in the day but if you've never checked out Hades before I would suggest picking up one of their albums rather than this DVD, as much of it is pretty rough stuff.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Video for "Ground Zero NYC" (which was written and recorded before 9/11, by the way)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 pm

On a

HADES: 'Resisting Success' Lineup Announces Only U.S. Show - Nov. 13, 2009
For the first time since 1986, the classic "Resisting Success" lineup of HADES will reunite for two shows in April 2010. The first will be a 10:00 p.m. show on Wednesday, April 21 at Dingbatz in Clifton, New Jersey. Drummer Tom Coombs will perform with HADES for the first time since the CD "Exist To Resist" was released in 1994. Guitarist Scott LePage (who actually played bass on "Saviorself" and "The Downside" in 1998 and 2000, respectively) returns to lead guitar for HADES for the first time since recording "Resisting Success".

"The German promoter from Keep It True kept telling me fans would really like an old school performance of songs from the first two albums," said guitarist Dan Lorenzo. "When I relayed our conversations to (HADES bassist) Jimmy Schulman, Jimmy asked me what I thought about doing the show with Tom on drums and maybe having both Scott LePage and Ed Fuhrman perform. Ed passed on it, but Scott was really psyched when we first pitched the idea to him.

It's a bit difficult with Jimmy living in L.A. and Scott in Dallas, but they'll both fly up for some rehearsals around the holidays then again right before we play at Keep It True. The night before we leave, we'll be at Dingbatz on a Wednesday night...we'll go on at 10:00 p.m. sharp."

Vocalist Alan Tecchio said, "I am so stoked that the legendary T. Coombs is going to be behind the drum kit for these two shows and I am sure the fans will feel the same way. HADES has made some great recordings since his departure but his signature styleHades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 2 helped give the first four HADES recordings their unique sound. He and bassist Jimmy Schulman gave the band the progressive tag that got prog fans into what was essentially a thrash band."

As to why Coombs rejoined at this time, the drummer said, "I feel now HADES has come full circle. After all these years apart the things that led to the breakup of the band do not matter anymore, and the good memories will inspire us to perform these songs again and enjoy the journey that started so long ago. I am also amazed that our diehard fans have kept the songs alive for almost 25 years. As a founding member of the band, it just feels right."

...on a Wednesday night?? Crap. Sad

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Broke out some Hades today...I'm digging it. $avior$elf, to be exact.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Wanna take guitar lessons from a former Hades member? Check out the Ed Fuhrman Guitar Academy.

http://njguitarlessons.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Ed is a great guitarist. Way underrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hades! (The New Jersey one)   Hades! (The New Jersey one) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hades! (The New Jersey one)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2