Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Jersey/New York Area

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

New Jersey/New York Area Empty
PostSubject: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Where in the world can I find a good store around here that sells CD's from less known bands for example like Overkill. I can't seem to find any of their albums at all. I really can't order online since I dont have a credit card ( my fault for being a bum ). Anyone from around the area know any places I can check out Smile?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Have you ever been to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ? Best CD store not only in New Jersey, but in the entire known universe, IMHO. Smile They have the best metal selection I have ever seen, if they don't have it then it doesn't exist!!! I grew up in Paramus so my brother and I used to drive down there just about every weekend to stock up on new stuff. Unfortunately, I live so far north in Jersey (If I spit I can hit the border with NY state) that a drive there is nearly 90 minutes long, so I can only get there once or twice a year at most. Sad

you can check'em out online at www.vvinyl.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Have you ever been to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ? Best CD store not only in New Jersey, but in the entire known universe, IMHO. Smile They have the best metal selection I have ever seen, if they don't have it then it doesn't exist!!! I grew up in Paramus so my brother and I used to drive down there just about every weekend to stock up on new stuff. Unfortunately, I live so far north in Jersey (If I spit I can hit the border with NY state) that a drive there is nearly 90 minutes long, so I can only get there once or twice a year at most. Sad

you can check'em out online at www.vvinyl.com
What is the used cd selection like? That is off of exit 130?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:36 pm

i will check this out thanks freddy, 1/2 hour drive for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:40 pm

man according to the site that place is about 10 minutes away via the parkway
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 9:08 pm

You mean neither of you guys have ever been to V.V.? Holy crap! You're gonna be in heaven when you see the metal section!!
The used CDs can be hit or miss, depends on what's come in recently when you visit. Sometimes I've scored five or six goodies out of the used bin in one trip, other times I can look thru every used CD in the store and not find a darn thing that floats my boat.
Let me know if you make any good scores! Happy to be of service!!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 9:08 pm

Fat Freddy you are the man! Thanks for telling me about this store. I have NEVER, NEVER seen a store with this much taste in my music ever. Maybe i haven't looked hard enough! I rocked it and bought myself 8 cd's. Takes like 30 minutes to get there but ill be taking my driving test in less then 2 weeks so ill drive thereon weekend when i have money. thanks again Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 9:23 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
Fat Freddy you are the man! Thanks for telling me about this store. I have NEVER, NEVER seen a store with this much taste in my music ever. Maybe i haven't looked hard enough! I rocked it and bought myself 8 cd's. Takes like 30 minutes to get there but ill be taking my driving test in less then 2 weeks so ill drive thereon weekend when i have money. thanks again Very Happy
oh shoot, I forgot to go surprised
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 am

KissinMaiden wrote:

Hahaha, I TOLD ya... that place is Metal Heaven on Earth aint it?? I wish I didn't live so far north in North Jersey cuz it's about a 90 minute ride from where I live now... so I only get there once or twice a year these days. I think I'm about due for a visit though!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 10:52 am

Are they open on Sundays? Could not find any hours on the site
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:

I believe they are open on Sundays... or at least they used to be. My brother and I used to go there on Sunday afternoons all the time, but like I said, it's been awhile since I last visited...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Forever A Heath Bar wrote:

I believe they are open on Sundays... or at least they used to be. My brother and I used to go there on Sunday afternoons all the time, but like I said, it's been awhile since I last visited...
thats cool! I ended up buying a new scanner today, so I have been scanning my little heart out. I am going to head over there my next weekend off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey/New York Area   New Jersey/New York Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jersey/New York Area
Page 1 of 1