Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review

Go down 
+12
Dave the Boss
A Handful of Wayne
sam
jstate
80smetalrocks
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
manny
Wargod
Olafsto
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

"Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Just got done reading this. The guy who made the movie had some other interesting things that werent in the movie.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/anvil-the-reallife-spinal-tap-1631172.html

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Blabbermouth sez a soundtrack CD to "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" is going to be released later this year (probably to coincide with the DVD release of the movie). Supposedly it'll consist of newly-recorded versions of a bunch of Anvil classics and will also include the song "Thumb Hang," which I understand is the first song Lips and Robb wrote together as teens, and that is something of a running gag during the movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:44 pm

When did you read this? The last I heard it was cancelled.

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Today. Its just a North America release. I t was cancelled in the UK.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:52 pm

ah.. nice!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Today. Its just a North America release. I t was cancelled in the UK.

...What he said. The soundtrack release is still on for the US and Japan.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I see they will be playing with AC/DC

July 28 and Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on July 31.

Im gonna guess that these tickets have sold out already?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Wow... nevermind I just looked to see and tickets are $100! Thats insane.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez a soundtrack CD to "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" is going to be released later this year (probably to coincide with the DVD release of the movie). Supposedly it'll consist of newly-recorded versions of a bunch of Anvil classics and will also include the song "Thumb Hang," which I understand is the first song Lips and Robb wrote together as teens, and that is something of a running gag during the movie.

Now Blabbermouth is saying that Anvil's THIS IS THIRTEEN CD, which was self-released by the band shortly before all the documentary hoo-ha, will be re-released later this year by VH1 Classic Records, with "Thumb Hang" included. Whether or not this will be released in addition to the movie soundtrack mentioned previously, or if T.I.T. (hahaha!) is now intended to BE the soundtrack album to the movie, wasn't entirely clear. I guess we'll all find out together.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 am

This is Thirteen is incredible. I have one of the original copies from the band. The band were selling these for $20, which I thought was kind of pricey, but I had to have one since it's Anvil.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 pm

I dont know what is so good about, as freddy would say T.I.T lol. Its a decent album from them but I dont think its as good as some of the previous albums at all. Im not even talking about the first 3 either. Speed of Sound, Absolutely No Alternative, Strength Of Steel were all good. Even the production of those albums blows away T.I.T. (I wonder if they realized that)

I just got the album maybe a month ago from their website. Now it'll be in stores with the bonus track and most likely cheaper lol. Now all I need them to do is re-release all their albums with bonus tracks and i'll just poop my pants, since I just completed their discography. Ooooh well not like I havent rebought anything before I guess.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Looks like this is already out on DVD in England (Region 2) - comes packaged with the THIS IS THIRTEEN CD
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anvil-Story-CD-DVD-Double/dp/B001W6QCC6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1248739947&sr=1-2

I'm hearing that it's going to be released on DVD in the US in October....don't know if we're going to get the cool package shown above though. Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review   "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" - movie review
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3