Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith No More

Go down 
+13
T-Roy
mez
Troublezone
Required Fields
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Hamer12
DeathCult
Shiney
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Faith No More - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:
Need to give Angel Dust a good listen sometime in the future.
To me, Angel Dust is their classic. It doesn't have their most popular song, but the entire album is a brilliant piece of work.

I concur it is my favorite of the two. However, The Real Thing is still a classic.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:19 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:
To me, Angel Dust is their classic. It doesn't have their most popular song, but the entire album is a brilliant piece of work.
I concur it is my favorite of the two. However, The Real Thing is still a classic.
I wouldn't argue with that. The Real Thing is outstanding. In fact, everything they did was quite good.

Here are some cool FNM covers:

Papa Roach - Naked in Front of the Computer
Jim Martin - Surprise! You're Dead!
Ill Nino - Zombie Eaters
Redemption - The Real Thing

All those covers are great. Papa Roach might surprise you; Jacoby pulls off a pretty solid Patton sound. And Ill Nino's cover is also great (they're one of the baddest nu-metal bands around; love these guys). It's got their signature Latin twist to it—really cool. Jim Martin's version sounds like an old thrash band covering it. He obviously can't sing as well as Patton, but it's got a cool sound. And then Redemption do a killer prog-metal version of "The Real Thing."

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:
I wouldn't argue with that. The Real Thing is outstanding. In fact, everything they did was quite good.

Here are some cool FNM covers:

Papa Roach - Naked in Front of the Computer
Jim Martin - Surprise! You're Dead!
Ill Nino - Zombie Eaters
Redemption - The Real Thing

All those covers are great. Papa Roach might surprise you; Jacoby pulls off a pretty solid Patton sound. And Ill Nino's cover is also great (they're one of the baddest nu-metal bands around; love these guys). It's got their signature Latin twist to it—really cool. Jim Martin's version sounds like an old thrash band covering it. He obviously can't sing as well as Patton, but it's got a cool sound. And then Redemption do a killer prog-metal version of "The Real Thing."

Enjoy!

The Real Thing was a phenominal album- until my CD got scratched by my cat. I still wonder what it was doing out in the first place...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:31 pm

So many people gives such high praise for the Epic video. While I like that one I like this one so much more (it's just so damn wacky and wierd):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr5gdrj6bZQ

I want to know how I can get one of those stuffed cats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:34 pm

For my money, Album Of The Year was their pinnacle...love that one...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Faith No More great unique band, favorite cd by them is " Angel Dust" but I also loved most of their discography, "Album of the Year" was a great way too close out a career that deserved more attention. They didn't fit in with the metal crowd due to the fact they sounded to alternative and they didn't fit in with the alternative crowd for being to metal !! I have a feeling the band liked it that way, Jim Martin by the way is a professional pumpkin patch farmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:13 pm

I loved them when they first came out, saw them on The Real Thing tour (with Circus of Power opening) and they were fantastic.

At the time Angel Dust came out I was at a very bad point in my life (one of several) and I didn't quite get it.

But I can say now that Angel Dust is BY FAR their best album and one of those records that actually deserves the "Masterpiece" tag. It's stunning in the ground it covers and emotionally exhausting (in a good way). Tracks like Smaller And Smaller, Everything's Ruined and A Small Victory border on perfection. It's disturbing, enthralling...and it rocks. That's quite a combination and one that very few bands have been able to pull off.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Angel Dust humble
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I didn't want to hurt your virgin ears by calling it "the Horizontal Rhino-Mambo" or anything similarly tasteless.. Smile

I would have just said "rhinos humping"

FNM rules.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:05 am

My favorite song by them. Too bad Mike Patton doesn't treat the song seriously. I know he's a goof but when he really sings his voice is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQAxk-U1UM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Here is a review I did on rateyourmusic.com of the predecessor to my two favorite FNM albums Introduce Yourself. I had it 15 years ago but due to being used to Patton's voice I never gave the music a chance. I now realize it is far better album than I gave it credit for and light years ahead of the post Angel Dust albums.

Quote :
I used to dislike this album years ago when I had it (15 to be exact). But I now see how nieve I was. My dislike stemmed from the vocal differences between Chuck and his replacement. I just couldn't get past that wierd nasally off key voice to hear the great music underneath. Now that I'm older and wiser I can hear that there was certain genes say qua about him. While I still prefer Patton and feel he would have made this album more enjoyable I can live with Chuck's voice. The important thing is always the music and on this album the music is excellent and only ranks slightly below the legendary Epic and Angel Dust. I believe the most outstanding aspect is the guitar work of Billy Martin. His playing and metal influence is what made FNM such a great band. This album just proves that after he left FNM was never the same. I like King For A Day and even Album of the year is decent enough but they just never measured up to great albums like this and the next three.

My order of favorite to least favorite FNM albums are:

Angel Dust
Epic
Introduce Yourself
King For A Day
Album Of The Year
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 am

The only album i like from them start to finish is 'The Real Thing'.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I liked "The Real Thing" a lot back in the day. "Angel Dust" was a little too weird for me though, so that's where I got off.

Legend has it that FNM made the "Angel Dust" album extra weird on purpose in order to lose all the trendy MTV fans they'd picked up who just wanted to hear "Epic." If that's true, then it worked in my case.

Same here.

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith No More
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2