Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?

Go down 
+3
candlemass
kethdredd
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Empty
PostSubject: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:25 am

Saw this on Blabbermouth this morning and wondered if anyone here has heard this band, and if so, if they're worth checking out? Their website is kinda skimpy and doesn't have any sound samples that I can find. I haven't heard Deadly Blessing in years but I remember liking what I did hear of them back in the day.

FAITH FACTOR To Release New EP This Week - July 5, 2007

FAITH FACTOR, the New Jersey-based Christian power metal band featuring ex-DEADLY BLESSING singer Ski, will release its debut EP on July 7, 2007 (07.07.07) via Metallic Arch Angel Records. According to a band bio, "with crushing rhythms, soaring melodies and thundering appeal, FAITH FACTOR glorifies our savior and sends a message of eternal salvation through Jesus Christ. FAITH FACTOR uses a different approach utilizing a triple guitar attack, tight bombastic bass and drums, and melodic vocals with an aggressive edge. FAITH FACTOR consists of six musicians with a brotherhood serving our Lord Jesus Christ. Our mission is to spread the good news of salvation to the masses using music and biblically sound lyrics as the tool."

For more information, visit www.faithfactor.info.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:24 am

They post quite a bit over at firestream.net, I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit. If you have Temple Of Blood's album, Ski sings the "Deliver us from evil" track. He has a heck of a voice so I'm interested in hearing this one.

Samples here:

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=47852

sounded ok. need to hear more
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:42 am

Didn't much care for Temple of Blood, think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:26 am

Looking forward to this!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:47 am

kethdredd wrote:
They post quite a bit over at firestream.net, I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit. If you have Temple Of Blood's album, Ski sings the "Deliver us from evil" track. He has a heck of a voice so I'm interested in hearing this one.

Samples here:

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=47852

sounded ok. need to hear more

Thanx Dredd... will check this out when I get home tonight.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 am

never heard of them, i'll have to check them out.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:10 pm

candlemass wrote:
Didn't much care for Temple of Blood, think I'll pass.

The only connection to Temple of Blood they have is that Skii sang
guest vocals on one song. They don't necessarily sound like Temple of
Blood
. You'd be better off comparing them to Deadly Blessing.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Not really comparing them in terms of sound, more their ideology, Temple, Transfigural Form and Faith Factor seem to espouse an extreme form of conservative fundementalism, something I'm moving away from. I could be wrong on lumping these bands together this way, just what I've noticed from their posting.

Temple's CD is ok for a first effort, would be interesting to see where it goes from there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 1:16 pm

FAITH FACTOR are really good friends of mine. Their lead singer Ski used to sing with power metal legends DEADLY BLESSING, of which I am a huge fan. Ski has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard in metal. I asked Ski to sing on a cover version of their song "Deliver Us From Evil" when we recorded it. I also flew up to NJ to hang out with the guys from FAITH FACTOR and listen to their new material. They are very talented and have a great sound and are super nice guys. As was mentioned before, they don't really sound much like my band lyrically or musically. I think they are closer to early QUEENSRYCHE or the heavier STRYPER songs musically. It's really good stuff and personally I can't wait to hear this upcoming EP and the album they are working on for after that.

They recorded a cover version of QUEENSRYCHE's "Nightrider" when they went under a different name, FACTOR FIVE, and it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?   Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith Factor - Anybody Know'Em?
Page 1 of 1