Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith Rising

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Faith Rising Empty
PostSubject: Faith Rising   Faith Rising Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 am

I picked up an album from this band called Rising Faith a couple of days ago. I had sold some books to Half-Priced Books and got more money than I had anticipated so I decided to treat myself to a used CD (if you have a Half-Piced Books near you, I suggest you check it out because you can find some good metal CDs there). I had to make a decision to either get an Overkill album (I had been searching for some used ones for a while now), Nevermore-Enemies Of Reality, or the other one I mentioned. In the end, my drive to discover new bands won out (plus it was from Limb so there was a good chance it would be good). Good is not the word to describe it, this album is some kick a** metal!

The name of the album is The Arrival and it is power metal with a good dose of speed metal within (no keyboards to be found). It can best be described as Metalium with Rob Rock on vocals. It is pure metal at it's finest. The vocalist at times is a dead ringer for Rob, simply an amazing vocalist. Their biggest influences are Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, and Mercyful Fate. If you are a big fan of speed metal and pure raw power metal then check this band out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Faith Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith Rising   Faith Rising Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:56 am

It's been on my wantlist for years. I thought I scored it in a trade some year ago, but the dude stiffed me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Faith Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith Rising   Faith Rising Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:05 am

Quote :
Their biggest influences are Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, and Mercyful Fate.

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Faith Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith Rising   Faith Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 am

Unfortunatly looking around the net I have come to realize these guys are no more and this is one of those albums that will stand alone. It's quite a shame because I really liked The Arrival and the fact that it was not one of those power metal bands that felt they had to resort to keyboards (I like keyboard metal but it is still refreshing to hear raw power metal especially this day and age).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Faith Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith Rising   Faith Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:53 am

I finally score a copy some time ago. Still haven't listened to it though....

Faith Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith Rising   Faith Rising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith Rising
Page 1 of 1