Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most retarded thing I've heard all day

Go down 
+11
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Required Fields
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
jstate
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
Hadley
Icy Grave
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

The most retarded thing I've heard all day Empty
PostSubject: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:50 pm

So here I am on YouTube, looking through my subscriptions for newly uploaded videos. I find some interesting videos uploaded from labels I've subscribed to like Relapse, Metal Blade, Nuclear Blast and so on. I was considering clicking on the Septicflesh link about their new stream for another track from their upcoming release Titan, but I was retarded enough to click on this video below. What I saw nearly made me cry.

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Thats a parody right? RIGHT?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm

The most retarded thing I've heard all day 561797 

The Hell? They must wear those bandanas so nobody can recognize them.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:14 pm

I had to double/triple/quadruple/quintuple-check to make sure this wasn't a joke or some parody of a second-rate hardcore/nu-metal hybrid band. No, this is a REAL band signed to Prosthetic Records.

http://prostheticrecords.com/?p=6877

And this is the same label that has one of my favorite bands ever, Skeletonwitch. God, why?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Woof.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:27 pm

These guys will be listening to Enya in ten years.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:35 pm

I'd love to post more of the band's information and the album artwork(I swear, they have a website and a place to pre-order their debut), but I refuse to for fear of further sanity corruption, so I'll just leave you with a picture of a kitten resting on a ball of yarn:

The most retarded thing I've heard all day Kitten-thread-yarn
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Eh. Musically it's not bad. I really dig that groove. But the insipid lyrics get old immediately. Change the lyrics to something more meaningful and you've got yourself a decent hardcore/screamo jam.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:59 am

My first impression of this is that these are some suburban kids who are trying way too hard to "write the angriest of all time" stuff. And are all rockin bandanas cause you know that makes you "real" and all. I'll admit at fourteen I probably would've thought it was great and rocked the bandana that way too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Haha! That was funny.  Laughing very hard 

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:43 pm

jstate wrote:
My first impression of this is that these are some suburban kids who are trying way too hard to "write the angriest of all time" stuff.  And are all rockin bandanas cause you know that makes you "real" and all.  I'll admit at fourteen I probably would've thought it was great and rocked the bandana that way too.

Yea, I could see that. They're a little face-paint and a liter of Faygo away from Juggalo mentality.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm

They're just philosophizing. Aggressively.

I like that the dude has a British accent. Ha, I kind of hope that part if fake. It would make it even funnier. Fake accents. I wish I had heard this before I went to Starbucks on my lunch break though. I would've considered a bit more introspectively.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 6:31 pm

That was really awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:19 pm

At least they ain't lying.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:23 pm

They have a point.  Laughing 

They remind me of early Beastie Boys when they were hardcore.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Eh. Musically it's not bad. I really dig that groove. But the insipid lyrics get old immediately. Change the lyrics to something more meaningful and you've got yourself a decent hardcore/screamo jam.

ultmetal wrote:

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Echoing all three of you.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:11 am

I like it. Cursing never bothered me.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:17 am

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

ultmetal wrote:

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Early Beastie Boys was punk rock, nothing like this. At all.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

ultmetal wrote:

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Er, Beastie Boys were primarily hip hop intermittently fused with punk and rock.

But to elaborate, I'm reminded of the general attitude and vocal trade off. Just a loose connection, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:18 am

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

ultmetal wrote:

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Er, Beastie Boys were primarily hip hop intermittently fused with punk and rock.

But to elaborate, I'm reminded of the general attitude and vocal trade off. Just a loose connection, nothing more.

They were hip hop. On their debut they were hardcore/punk (and again later on the one-off Aglio e Olio EP).

Either way, nothing like the video above. Ever.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:24 am

If the song was 10 seconds long it could have been an MOD cut...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:46 am

corplhicks wrote:

Whoa. Early Beastie Boys is more along the lines of, you know, Bad Brains and other good punk rock bands. Nothing like the band this thread is about.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:10 am

Then I've been completely unaware there was an album before License to Ill. It's even showing up as their debut on rovi. I learn something new every day on this board.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:19 am

corplhicks wrote:
Then I've been completely unaware there was an album before License to Ill. It's even showing up as their debut on rovi. I learn something new every day on this board.

Well, Licensed is their debut LP. The two releases that precede it were the 1982 MCA-less 80-song punk rock EP "Polly Wog Stew" and then the 1983 single where the first incorporate some hip stuff, called "Cooky Puss".
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 12:18 am

corplhicks wrote:

Yes. Vocal trade-offs and even their voices sound like them. One sounds like the late Adam "MCA" Yauch the other sounds like one of the other Beastie Boys. That's the first thing I thought of when listening to them. Yeah, it's metal and not punk, but they are both aggressive styles of music. No one else hears the resemblance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most retarded thing I've heard all day   The most retarded thing I've heard all day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most retarded thing I've heard all day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next