Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I did something really stupid!

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
mc666
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

I did something really stupid! Empty
PostSubject: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:35 am

Well, it happened when I was on Holiday in America a few months back (yes, the same time when I asked about the Exciter LP), but I just realised now. I was in this tiny record shop, just looking around for fun. I saw an ORIGINAL mis-print of the "Ride the Lightning" album with the GREEN COVER that was mis-printed in France in 1984. It was "only" 34 dollars! Being the Metallica fanatic I am, I was shocked that I didn't recall if it was that rare or not. I did not buy it. Well, last week I checked on the internet, and I read that only FOUR HUNDRED copies were EVER printed! ARRRGH!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 am

i've never heard of such an album. What was the mis-print? scratch

But yea, sounds like you missed a real steal there, dude. Sucks. angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
i've never heard of such an album. What was the mis-print? scratch

But yea, sounds like you missed a real steal there, dude. Sucks. angry

Yeah, when "Ride the Lightning" was released, Metallica's lable got a deal with some places in Europe. At pressing in France, they mis-heard it for green instead of blue. They had already started, when they got informed of the error.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:40 am

we all make split second choices that sometimes prove to be the wrong one. don't beat yourself up about it.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:41 am

So what, the cover is green instead of blue? That must look pretty weird.

The only "misprint" I've ever come across is on my copy of KISS' "MTV Unplugged" CD... on the CD itself, the "TV" is missing from the "MTV" logo. Apparently it only happened to a batch of the promotional copies and the label recalled most of them. I guess I have one of the few that snuck out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 am

I did something really stupid! 149
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So what, the cover is green instead of blue? That must look pretty weird.

The only "misprint" I've ever come across is on my copy of KISS' "MTV Unplugged" CD... on the CD itself, the "TV" is missing from the "MTV" logo. Apparently it only happened to a batch of the promotional copies and the label recalled most of them. I guess I have one of the few that snuck out.

Yeah, but it actually looked really cool! haha.

www.ilikethat.com/metallica

This is probobly the most detailed Metallica biography page you will EVER come across. Go to the 1984-1985 section, and you will get more details about it
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:45 am

spectrefate wrote:

if YOU own that, I think I will kill myself! no, wait, I will kill YOU first!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:48 am

[quote="Mglaffas81"]
spectrefate wrote:

Hmm, never seen that one before. That color scheme does look kinda cool, though, actually! 🤘

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:50 am

spectrefate wrote:

OMFG! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:51 am

I was at a rock expo last month and I saw a vendor selling that green copy for $200. This guy had all kinds of rare vinyl for sale. Lots of stuff I've never seen before in person. I'm not into vinyl, or spending outrageous amounts for it, but it was kinda cool to see.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was at a rock expo last month and I saw a vendor selling that green copy for $200. This guy had all kinds of rare vinyl for sale. Lots of stuff I've never seen before in person. I'm not into vinyl, or spending outrageous amounts for it, but it was kinda cool to see.

DAMN! And I found one for 34 dollars, and didn't snag it! ARRRGH! angry Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

No I don't own that. I just wanted ya'll to have an example.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
No I don't own that. I just wanted ya'll to have an example.

Oh, all right. I am relieved. I was getting all "green" in jealousy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:05 pm

So where was it that you saw it? City and state please.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think it was in Santa Barbara (which is in California, I believe..)
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:33 pm

If I posted a topic everytime I did something stupid.....I'd be at like 10,000 posts. My status would read "metal for brains"! insane
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:54 pm

That one is not rare! The one with French Christmas carols on the B-side, now THAT is rare!!

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
surprised

Were you drunk?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:55 pm

lol! IT IS A PERFECT EPLANATION?!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
surprised

Were you drunk?

haha, no, but I was in a lot of different places, and a lot of very small towns like Santa Barbara. But all right, Santa Barbara, California, U.S.A., 1:34 PM. THERE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:58 pm

kmorg wrote:
That one is not rare! The one with French Christmas carols on the B-side, now THAT is rare!!

uhm....there are only four hundred copies of them, ever printed...so I should think it's pretty rare
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:13 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

uhm....there are only four hundred copies of them, ever printed...so I should think it's pretty rare

Still not as rare as the aformentioned misprint with the Frensh Christmas songs on the B-side. I avtually know 2 people that have the Green cover, but I've only heard of 1 who has the misprinted B-side.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:44 pm

kmorg wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Still not as rare as the aformentioned misprint with the Frensh Christmas songs on the B-side. I avtually know 2 people that have the Green cover, but I've only heard of 1 who has the misprinted B-side.

wow, cool! 🤘

But damn, 34 bucks...I will NEVER come across an offer like that again..
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:03 am

id wait for one for about 4 dollars then id buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I did something really stupid!   I did something really stupid! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I did something really stupid!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next