Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard - Hysteria

Go down 
+20
Troublezone
rattpoison
fingers
Follower of Jesus
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
stepcousin
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal Misfit
journeyman
thejokeriv
7thSecond
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 pm

nevermore wrote:
Def Leppard lost me with this record.
Hey! Don't blame Def Leppard because you got lost. angry
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Hey I'm not blaming Def Leppard!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:02 pm

This album is good. Def Leppard was the first rock band I ever listened to with the song Bringing on the Heartbreak. When Hysteria came out I had just about everything def leppard. T Shirts, cassettes, posters, maybe even underwear haha. I played that cassette so much. I must have bought it over 5 or 6 times because of wear from over playing or something would always end up happening to it. So I have a long history with that album. It also brings me back to my childhood. I have since bought it on cd.

I'll admit sometimes im somewhat a little embarassed to listen to it in my car just because its so 80's sounding, but who cares. It really is a great album. If it wasnt for def leppard I probably wouldnt be into music as much as I am. Now if only they would make albums like this nowadays they would be great. Damn you Mutt Lange for marrying Shania Twain!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm a big Hysteria fan! I don't know why it gets ragged on so much. Its a terrific record. Even PSSOM is a great song. The lyrics are stupid, but DL wasn't known for their lyrical depth. The music is just fun, hard rock with hooks as big as any other album I've ever heard in my life.

"Gods of War" is freakin' brilliant! I also really like "Don't Shoot Shotgun" and "Run Riot".

The only songs that I could do without are "Love Bites" and "Love And Affection". The rest of this album is pretty solid stuff, and at times, great!
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:54 pm

it s a good pop album lets put it that way. 1 of the best pop albums of all time but i agree with most metallers that isnt as good as the first three albums. But certainly better than X which is obviously Def Leppard's worst album and Slang.
Also Steve Clark was still in the band and he was the band's cliff burton. I personally think that Def Leppard went downhill when they released Slang and now they dont look to promising these days
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 pm

.[/quote]
Nickelback is the new Def Leppard. Shocked[/quote]

No they are not they sound more like a try hard version of Pearl Jam blended in with MetallicA and Nirvana you could also say they are the NSYNC of grunge
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:08 pm

fingers wrote:
Nickelback is the new Def Leppard. Shocked[/quote]

No they are not they sound more like a try hard version of Pearl Jam blended in with MetallicA and Nirvana you could also say they are the NSYNC of grunge[/quote]

I think the whole Nickelback is the new Def Leppard is more about the 2 being 'harder' rock bands having a huge pop/mainstream crossover. More so than in comparing the sound. I probably would have said Nickelback is the new Bon Jovi though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 am

I like it. Especially Women, Animal, Gods of War and Hysteria.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 pm

Brings back memories of my sophmore year in high school, love it or hate it that album had 9 #1 hits. Hardpressed to find a hardrock band to do that now-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Brings back memories of my sophmore year in high school, love it or hate it that album had 9 #1 hits. Hardpressed to find a hardrock band to do that now-TJ
Nine #1 hits? No way. It only had seven hit songs, with a mild hit for "Love And Affection" overseas. But I'm pretty sure they only had one or two #1 hits from that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:04 pm

Stop being a Hysteria hater, Eyesore. I am tired of you trashing this album. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:34 pm

'Hysteria' is a fantastic Hard Rock/Melodic Rock album...hook after hook....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Anyone have the special edition? The songs Tear it Down and Ride Into the Sun are great songs and I love the remixes if just to hear a different spin then what i'm used to. I don't know if the remaster helped thought Gods of War sounds beefed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Yes I have that edition. It makes a good sounding album sound even better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:21 pm

I don't have it yet. I have every song on it on other things like singles and whatnot. If I could find it for under $25, I might consider buying it. My copy of Hysteria is still the same one I bought the day it was released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't have it yet. I have every song on it on other things like singles and whatnot. If I could find it for under $25, I might consider buying it. My copy of Hysteria is still the same one I bought the day it was released.

I have the 2 disc release. But I'd rather have an orignal issue. I'm stupid like that.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:33 pm

This album got me into Def Leppard and into 70s/80s hard rock/metal in general back in the late 90s when I was a teen, and not really all that excited about most of the post-grunge music out there. For that alone, it's a special one, even if I don't listen to it nearly as much nowadays as I used to. Animal, Gods Of War and Run Riot are still absolutely killer though.

I also have the 2CD reissue. That was especially desirable since by the time I got into Def Leppard, the Hysteria singles were long, long out of print so it's nice to have the material. Love the Alice Cooper cover, and the 'Stumpus Maximus' song is freaking hilarious Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:39 pm

personally I enjoy the Vault album the most but Hysteria is ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I have the 2 disc release. But I'd rather have an orignal issue. I'm stupid like that.
Wanna engineer a trade? I can find Hysteria cheap and some other disc. I'm not trading my original. It's a wee bit sentimental, but it's also scratched to hell and back. But it plays fine! I think they made CDs out of better material back then. Haha.

But if you have a want list, I can see what I can dig up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm

The Vault is missing most of their best songs.

Quote :
If I could find it for under $25, I might consider buying it
Fred Meyer's, (probably Krogers to you guys) had it for $22.99 with a $4 coupon. Very worth it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:28 pm

This whole thread is merry.

just kidding

You know, in my yute I would have ignored them but the older I get I enjoy some of their classics. They were catchy, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:30 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
The Vault is missing most of their best songs.

Quote :
If I could find it for under $25, I might consider buying it
Fred Meyer's, (probably Krogers to you guys) had it for $22.99 with a $4 coupon. Very worth it.
Yeah, still too much. I'd actually like to find it for $10 or under, but have never seen it for less than $25. Guess I worded that wrong. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Wanna engineer a trade? I can find Hysteria cheap and some other disc. But if you have a want list, I can see what I can dig up.

Yeah I'll do that. I'll PM with a list of common stuff. You should be able to find one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:21 pm

I think Hysteria is pretty good, but I have to absolutely be in the mood to listen to it. The last time I can remember listening to it was Christmas holidays 2006. "Animal" is a great song. The only song I don't like, which I hate, is the title track. It's so 80s, in the bad way.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:07 pm

I thought is was pretty good, didn't it have like 9 #1 singles on billboard??-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - Hysteria   Def Leppard - Hysteria - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard - Hysteria
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next