Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?

Go down 
+9
Metal Misfit
Addy
thejokeriv
T-Roy
nevermore
Smindas
snooloui
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Empty
PostSubject: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Ride Into The Sun is a great song and hearkens back to the High N Dry sound and I Wanna Be Your Hero should have replaced Pour Some Sugar on me. Also has Tear It Down and Ring Of Fire which are both very good. They aren't as overproduced as the rest of the album which is actually a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:12 pm

I remember "Tear it Down," it's on the B-Side of the "Women" single. Great track!! When I bought that 45 many years ago (a month or so before the release of the HYSTERIA album) I played that B-side more than I played "Women." I had hoped the rest of the album would be closer in tone to "Tear It Down."

...but it wasn't. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Ride Into The Sun is a great song and hearkens back to the High N Dry sound and I Wanna Be Your Hero should have replaced Pour Some Sugar on me. Also has Tear It Down and Ring Of Fire which are both very good. They aren't as overproduced as the rest of the album which is actually a good thing.

Are they the same tracks that were put out on the Retro Active release? I recognize some of those titles.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Ring of Fire was definetely on the Retro Active album, one of the best tracks. I hate it when people recycle bonus tracks. Much like Magnum did with their 2005 remasters, adding the alternate and acoustic versions from some of there 90s albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 pm

It looks like 'Ring of Fire', 'Ride Into the Sun' and 'I Want To Be Your Hero' were all on the Retro Active release, although all three tracks were changed/remixed/re-recorded from their original version.

My guess is that the bonus tracks on the Hysteria re-issue are the tracks in their original format.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Keep in mind, those are only the extras on the first disc of the Hysteria reissue. There's an entire second disc loaded with some great live stuff and some utterly appalling remixes of the album's songs. Seriously, those remixes are truly awful. But all the other B-sides make it worth picking up, definitely.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm not the hugest Def Leppard fan and I haven't heard any of the re-issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Quote :
There's an entire second disc loaded with some great live stuff and some utterly appalling remixes of the album's songs. Seriously, those remixes are truly awful. But all the other B-sides make it worth picking up, definitely.

Very true.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Where's joker? Was expecting to step into a giant pool of drool and other fluids when I clicked on this thread! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Where's joker? Was expecting to step into a giant pool of drool and other fluids when I clicked on this thread! Very Happy

Here!!!! LOVE Hysteria!!!!! One of my favorite albums!!!!! The last GREAT Def Lep album!!!! I don't have the new version, maybe I'll pick it up one of these days!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Hmmmm Hysteria with bonus tracks I must look into this
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 pm

The extras were good stuff.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 pm

It's certainly worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am

Me needs this one.

Love me some "Hysteria".

It's actually my favorite Def Leppard album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 am

Same here I love Hysteria by far my all time fav Def Leppard album
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:34 am

Addy wrote:
Same here I love Hysteria by far my all time fav Def Leppard album

Yeah, it's a great album. I realize that many don't like it because it's sooo polished and commercial. I love me some sugary sweet syrup though. Guess that's why I just freekin love this one.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 am

I think my favs on Hysteria are.......

Hysteria
Rocket
Animal
Women
Gods of War
Love & Affection
Don't Shoot Shotgun
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Ride Into The Sun is a great song and hearkens back to the High N Dry sound

As well it should because they used to play this song live way back in '78, 2 years before "On Thru The Night" even came out. It is actually one of their first tracks they ever wrote.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:09 am

Addy wrote:
I think my favs on Hysteria are.......

Hysteria
Rocket
Animal
Women
Gods of War
Love & Affection
Don't Shoot Shotgun

My faves:

1. Hysteria (all time fave Def Leppard song here)
2. Love Bites
3. Pour Some Sugar on Me
4. Animal
5. Rocket
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:51 am

I used to love "Love Bites" and i occassionally dig that song but Pour Some Sugar On Me got overplayed for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

As well it should because they used to play this song live way back in '78, 2 years before "On Thru The Night" even came out. It is actually one of their first tracks they ever wrote.

Didn't know that. Man, I feel smarter.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

Didn't know that. Man, I feel smarter.

Knowledge is power, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Addy wrote:
I used to love "Love Bites" and i occassionally dig that song but Pour Some Sugar On Me got overplayed for me

Yeah, I realize both those songs got overkill play on radio. I don't listen to the radio much at all though. Never have. So for me, I never heard them get killed. They are both still fresh to my ears.

I can understand what you mean though.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:15 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

"Ride Into the Sun" was actually on Def Leppard's 1st demo/EP, which is why it has that early Lep sound Razz

Good song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?   Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you heard the extras on Hysteria's reissue?
Page 1 of 1