Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVERGREY

Go down 
+18
black halo
Todd Jaymz
MetalH
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
sam
jstate
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Wargod
Olafsto
nevermore
ghost
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
kmorg
MetalRob331
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:35 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
EVERGREY - Page 2 811939 EVERGREY - Page 2 309780 impatient

Actually, I'm interested as I'm a fan of the album...

Having listened to it twice today, I'll say it's not bad. I can't say that I was blown away, but it was definately heavier that I expected it to be. I've never heard a note of them before today, but for some reason, I had the idea that they were more epic and keyboard- oriented. The keys weren't as prominenet as I thought and for me, that's a good thing. I don't like my metal too fluffy. It will be in my cd case for the rest of the week, so it will probably gets some more spins. At this point, however, I'm not sure that I'd rush out to get more of their stuff. Decent, but not great.

well there other cds use more keys to make for a more atmospheric feel then to dominate the music. MMA imo is there weakest cd but its still great, so that tells u something about the guys. I would look in Recreation Day and The Inner Circle next..

Would my assumption of "epic and keyboard-oriented" be accurate on their other releases? Nothing wrong with that, but just like my cereal, I like my metal crunchy. I'd probably put them into the if-I-saw-it-for-cheap-I'd-pick-it-up category, but otherwise, for now, they'd be way down on my want list.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:49 pm

No they use the keys to give it more atmospheric sound, meaning there placed in the background to give it a more eerie sound. Heres a few videos of there other stuff..

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Heres another great song from them as well off the Inner Circle

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Now that's not bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:06 pm

You bought a great cd, but theres greater lol..
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Blindly bought used In Search Of Truth and The Inner Circle a while back and really liked both a lot. Multiple listens only cemented that opinion. I even really dug the acoustic versions on The Inner Circle. I'm actually somewhat surprised these guys haven't broken out bigger.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:52 am

jstate wrote:
Blindly bought used In Search Of Truth and The Inner Circle a while back and really liked both a lot. Multiple listens only cemented that opinion. I even really dug the acoustic versions on The Inner Circle. I'm actually somewhat surprised these guys haven't broken out bigger.

I totally agree these guys should be headlining tours over here in the U.S. The ppl that know them love the music but it seems not enough ppl do..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Check these clips out off the Upcoming release WOW!!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=99240843&blogID=362811356
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:58 pm

Watched the trailer yesterday sounds great!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:58 pm

haven't had the luck to find any of their cd's, but i love what i hear off their myspace, tom englund has a great voice
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:47 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
jstate wrote:

I totally agree these guys should be headlining tours over here in the U.S. The ppl that know them love the music but it seems not enough ppl do..

They are suffering from the Savatage syndrom. True genius can only go so far it seems. I can't wait for this new album!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:04 pm

New album artwork and track listings are out as well as some clips from songs.

Album cover

http://www.evergrey.net/newmedia/EG-Torn.jpg
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Torn is going to be my album of the year i can see the future...

One of the best songs ever and man is it eerie...

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm

I agree. I eagerly anticipate this one. I have no contact with pre-MMA Evergrey, but I love MMA. It's just golden. So smooth and melodic. Perfect for my tastes, really.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:05 pm

Man you are missing out on some stellar music. The Inner Circle, In Search of Truth. and The Great Deceiver are all 10/10 imo.... The clips i ahve heard from the upcoming cd sound like older Evergrey so if you like what you hear those are must have cd's
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:20 am

It's a $$$ and "monastic oath" thing. Very Happy But trades are welcome, it just seems noone trades Evergrey. This is understandable.
Back to top Go down

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:19 am

Fantastic band, I've been a fan since The Dark Discovery and have them all, however I must say that the last one didn't excite me as much as the earlier. Think I need to revisit MMA again. In my opinion In Search of Truth is their best, simply for the eerie atmosphere that it has.

This band is proof that Euro Power Metal is not all fairies and fluff. Anyone that likes Evergrey should also check out the last three Tad Morose albums, more stellar Swedish PM.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:55 am

Yea those eerie atmospheric songs slay on In search of truth, im kind of tied between The Great Deceiver and Inner Circle..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's a $$$ and "monastic oath" thing. Very Happy But trades are welcome, it just seems noone trades Evergrey. This is understandable.

I'd like to help you out, but the only one I have to trade is Monday Morning Apocolypse and apparently, that's the one you already own. D'oh!
Back to top Go down

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:49 pm

http://www.evergrey.net/mp3/Evergrey-Fail.mp3

New song. I dig it!
Back to top Go down

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

New song. I dig it!

Not surprising, Mikey. Smile
Back to top Go down

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

New song. I dig it!

Not surprising, Mikey. Smile
If you were a song, I'd hate it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 pm

I have an older Evergrey disc (title escapes me) and MMA. I really enjoy MMA but I've read that it was a departure for them and that the new one is a return to the style of the one I can't remember.

Which is pretty much all I need to know.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:20 pm

I thought the best was 'Solitude-Dominance-Tragedy' by a long way, the guitars weren't totally diet at the time, and the arrangements weren't totally radio. Englund always has great vocals. Overall though, overrated band IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:42 pm

OK, I checked The Vault.

The other one I have is In Search Of Truth and the only thing I remember about it was that I thought it was a dark, proggy, boring album.

EVERGREY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERGREY   EVERGREY - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVERGREY
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next