Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL

Go down 
+9
nevermore
stormspell
Shiney
T-Roy
Required Fields
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I just scored a copy of Midnight's acoustic EP. And some turd is selling it on eBay for $199. Haha.

The "turd" could be Midnight himself. He was trying to create the "collector's" rouse on his website truing to lull people into preordering some hyper-mega limited to 122 upcoming pressing of his accoustic project for mega-bucks. After months of waiting I think all people got were cdr's

On the topic: Strange and Beutiful, along with CORONER - Grin are the sole two albums which always come to my mind first, when asked "what's the worst metal album you ever bought"

It maybe not so bad album by itself, but coming on heels of Transcendence under Crimson Glory moniker was a shoker I couldnt and refused to take. Unfortunately 90s did that to quite some bands
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:38 pm

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I just scored a copy of Midnight's acoustic EP. And some turd is selling it on eBay for $199. Haha.
The "turd" could be Midnight himself. He was trying to create the "collector's" rouse on his website truing to lull people into preordering some hyper-mega limited to 122 upcoming pressing of his accoustic project for mega-bucks. After months of waiting I think all people got were cdr's
I'd better not get a frickin' CDR! Were all copies in CDR format?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I dont know man, I do hope you didnt pay $199 for it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:19 pm

stormspell wrote:

On the topic: Strange and Beutiful, along with CORONER - Grin are the sole two albums which always come to my mind first, when asked "what's the worst metal album you ever bought"

Haha, my personal "worst" is Helloween's CHAMELEON. I like this Crimson Glory disc WAAAAAAAAY better than that.

Eyesore, hope you don't get a CD-R from Midnight, but go easy on him. He probably needs the $$ for his legal defense fund. Wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:42 pm

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
No way. I paid less than $20. There was no mention of it being a CDR, so if I get one I'll be filing a Paypal claim, which would make the CD free! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Now that I know how to do this YouTube window-in-your-post thingie I'm gonna beat it to death. Smile

Here's the vid for "The Chant" off of "Strange and Beautiful," which I actually never knew existed till I stumbled across it on YouTube some time ago:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:07 pm

And just for comparison's sake, here's the vid for "Lonely" off of the classic TRANSCENDENCE.

OK, I'll stop playing with the new video toy. For now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:36 pm

I LOVE Crimson Glory, but this is one album I've never heard. "Transcendence" is a metal masterpiece though.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Of the Midnight era albums,this is the only one I have (found it for $3.00 used) and don't think it's that bad. Of course , I can't compare it to their earlier ones. (I also think Astronomica is pretty good)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Here's the vid for "The Chant" off of "Strange and Beautiful," which I actually never knew existed till I stumbled across it on YouTube some time ago:

Yep, that's what I figured the album would look like. Pretty average stuff there.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:46 am

I remember really hating this album when I first got it. It was such a departure from the incredible Transcendence. I haven't played this in ages. But I think I'm going to dig it out and give it a spin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:58 am

007 wrote:
Of the Midnight era albums,this is the only one I have (found it for $3.00 used) and don't think it's that bad. Of course , I can't compare it to their earlier ones. (I also think Astronomica is pretty good)

I like "Astronomica", but it pales compared to the mighty "Transcendance".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:13 am

blackieboy wrote:

"Astronomica" is a pretty damn good album as long as you can stand Wade Black's vocals. He's a heck of a lot screechier (is that a word?) than Midnight ever was. But the material on that album was heavier and more aggressive than past C.G. so it kinda worked. I couldn't imagine him singing some of the older stuff like "Lonely" or "Painted Skies" though!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

"Astronomica" is a pretty damn good album as long as you can stand Wade Black's vocals. He's a heck of a lot screechier (is that a word?) than Midnight ever was. But the material on that album was heavier and more aggressive than past C.G. so it kinda worked. I couldn't imagine him singing some of the older stuff like "Lonely" or "Painted Skies" though!

I agree. Midnight is one of my favorite vocalists of all time. Wade Black is good too IMO, but he had might big shoes to fill.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:22 am

blackieboy wrote:

I agree. Midnight is one of my favorite vocalists of all time. Wade Black is good too IMO, but he had might big shoes to fill.

I kinda put "Astronomica" in the same category as Priest's "Jugulator" -- in both cases, the new singer had to fill some mighty big shoes. (Much bigger in Owens' case of course, but you know what I mean.) They may not have been totally successful but in both cases they gave it the old college try at least.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm spinning this now after not listening to it in ages. It's actually a really good record. Very different from CG's earlier works (which I still like better) but still quite good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
No way. I paid less than $20. There was no mention of it being a CDR, so if I get one I'll be filing a Paypal claim, which would make the CD free! Laughing

is this the "imfamous" M CD ?

Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 5f_1b-2

No it's not a CDr, well mine aint anyway, but then again I got it years ago when it was released, hey Eyesore did you buy it from Ebay ? if so what was the sellers username ?

Speaking of Midnight & Wade, they are planning to do a cover of Led Zepplins "Battle of Evermore" together, that should be wicked.

stormspell wrote:

That CD hasn't been released yet, I'm down for a copy and I was just looking at the paypal reciept and I sent payment on the 20-June-2006 Laughing very hard .

Here's the last Email I recieved about "M2" :

MESSAGE FROM MIDNIGHT:

NEWS ON THE RECORDING:

At this point, Midnight has written roughly 30 songs to be included in the "Descending Into Madness" project, which also includes video clips and behind the scenes footage of the making of the album. Some songs have been completely recorded, while others are still being worked on and fine tuned. Midnight has been taking his time, making sure everything is right with this new release, and that it is a proper version of his vision. It’s been a long time coming, but when it finally arrives, the listeners will be in for a magical journey only Midnight’s brilliant but strange mind can provide.

MESSAGE TO THE ONES WHO PRE-ORDERED THE M2 FIRST EDITION:

Midnight says, "I am proud to announce the winners of the Golden tickets. As you may know, the original plan was that only some of the "112 Special Edition" CD’s would be special, but because of your undying loyalty and patience I've decided to change the ticket distribution process. Now, all of the "112 Special Edition" CD’s will contain Golden Tickets. You ALL win!! I still have the list of all of your names and addresses but feel free to confirm your order with me at .......... The list of what you will receive is below.”

EDITION #1 (sold out to 112 people) COMES WITH:

01. THE OFFICIAL "D.I.M." 12 SONG CD.
02. A BONUS 12 SONG CD EACH UNIQUE AND ONE OF A KIND.
03. PERSONALIZED MIDNIGHT ARTWORK AND GRAPHICS.
04. AUTOGRAPHED PICTURES OF MIDNIGHT AND ONE OF A KIND HAND WRITTEN LYRIC SHEETS OF MIDNIGHT’S SCRIBBLINGS.
05. THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET AND HANG OUT WITH MIDNIGHT AND HIS BAND.
06. FREE ADMISSION TO ANY AND ALL MIDNIGHT RELATED EVENTS, FOREVER!
07. A PERSONAL PHONE CALL FROM MIDNIGHT!
08. A COUPON FOR $5 DOLLARS OFF OF FUTURE MIDNIGHT MERCHANDISE.
09. A SECRET WEBSITE ADDRESS TO HEAR EXCLUSIVE UNRELEASED MIDNIGHT MATERIAL.
10. MY UNDYING LOVE AND GRATITUDE FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
11. ONE FREE WONKA BAR WHEN YOU COME AND SEE ME (INSERT WONKA GRIN).
12. WHAT, 11’S NOT ENOUGH?

Midnight is also planning a second edition that will feature, among other things, a special DVD. The DVD contains versions of some of the new songs as well as some behind the scenes footage. The DVD is only available in this package except for the ones who already pre-ordered edition #1. Here is what you will recieve...

EDITION #2 COMES WITH:

02. AN AUTOGRAPHED 8X10 PICTURE OF MIDNIGHT.
03. A SPECIAL DVD EXCLUSIVE TO THIS PACKAGE, ONLY.
04. A SECRET WEBSITE ADDRESS TO HEAR EXCLUSIVE UNRELEASED MIDNIGHT MATERIAL.
05. 11X17 D.I.M.POSTER
06. INFORMATION ON ORDERING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE SHORTLY.

EDITION #3 COMES WITH:

02. AN AUTOGRAPHED PICTURE OF MIDNIGHT.
03. 11X17 D.I.M.POSTER
04. INFORMATION ON ORDERING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE SHORTLY.
05. THIS IS THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.
06. PREPARE FOR THE JOURNEY!

NEWS ON THE BAND:

As you guys probably know by now, we had to postpone our Texas trip back in July. We felt in light of the new additions to the band and the necessity to complete the new record that the trip to Texas would prove to be too big of a distraction. So, for the past few months we have spent many hours rehearsing and writing new songs. In the last few weeks the band has finally started working on putting a live set together. The plan is to start doing live shows early in 2008.

HEARING NEW MATERIAL:

We are posting new material very shortly on Midnights’ myspace page so keep checking for that. We have many more things in the works including "Midnight - Crimson Acoustic" , "Midnight - Covers album", "Midnight - Sakada Uncut and M re-release" and a possible live set from one of the upcoming "Descending Into Madness" live shows. A follow up album will be immediately in the works as well.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Haahahah, I love those extras, especially:

11. ONE FREE WONKA BAR WHEN YOU COME AND SEE ME

How much did you pay for this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:47 pm

stormspell wrote:
Haahahah, I love those extras, especially:

11. ONE FREE WONKA BAR WHEN YOU COME AND SEE ME

How much did you pay for this?

Laughing

$29.95 back in 2006, that is for Edition 2, due to the time difference & me working, edition 1 was sold out befdore I got a chance to book it, that was either $49.95 or $59.95 (think it was $49.95 though), sure eople were buying 5+ copies of that one, I bet they feel damn sick nearly 2 years later and no CDs, I don't feel as bad, sure i wold have wasted that money on something else either ways (probably your shop Laughing , although that would have been Money well spent)

there was no mention of the 3rd edition until recently, and now there's talk of rereleasing "M", ahh well I hope it goes good for our Johnny boy as he has a great voice.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 10:28 pm

I have got to agree with Freddy. Umpteen years later I finally "get" this album,too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Any of you ever hear this CD ? it's the Strange & Beautiful Crimson Glory band minus Midnight on Vocals, Billy Martinez takes over the Vocal duties.

I keep getting this groove Metal vibe from this in places, something like Mordred has done in the past, all round it's a decent listen.

Details :

Band name - Crush
Album name - Crush
Label - Paradigm Records
Year of Release - 1995
Total # of tracks - 14

Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Crush

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Locky wrote:
Any of you ever hear this CD ? it's the Strange & Beautiful Crimson Glory band minus Midnight on Vocals, Billy Martinez takes over the Vocal duties.

I keep getting this groove Metal vibe from this in places, something like Mordred has done in the past, all round it's a decent listen.

Details :

Band name - Crush
Album name - Crush
Label - Paradigm Records
Year of Release - 1995
Total # of tracks - 14

Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Crush

Never even HEARD of this one. I'm familiar with a couple of the other post-Crimson Glory projects (Drenning & Jakhotia's Erotic Liquid Culture and Ben Jackson's Parish and Ben Jackson Group) but this is a new one on me. Is it worth checking out?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Quote :
Yea, Metal Mind reissued this one a while back didn't they?? Kinda odd that they would reissue all that Roadrunner stuff but they didn't try to reissue the S/T or TRANSCENDENCE. Instead they reissued this one and ASTRONOMICA, i.e. the two Crimson Glory albums nobody really gave a rat's patoot about.
I'd like to see the debut reissued on CD with the long lost track "Dream Dancer" re-instated into the running order like it is on my old cassette copy (on PAR Records)... and as long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a new Corvette and a porn star wife too....

Wow, speak of the devil...I just read on Blabbermouth a couple of days ago that Metal Mind Productions will FINALLY be re-issuing Crimson Glory's self-titled debut and TRANSCENDENCE soon. Even better, the debut will have the long lost song "Dream Dancer" added as a bonus. YYYYYES! I have been waiting for THAT song to resurface for a long time!! It was the leadoff song on my old cassette copy of the album (on PAR Records, 1986) and is my all time favorite C.G. track, but when Roadrunner picked up the band/album for a wide release, for some reason they took "Dream Dancer" off the album, buried it on the B-side of the "Lonely" single, and it thusly disappeared off the face of the earth. Over the past 15 years or so I have never upgraded my cassette copy of the debut to CD (though I've had dozens of opportunities to do so), because it was always missing that song!!

(Does happy dance)

Maybe I should keep wishing for that Corvette and that porn star wife too!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Crimson Glory reissues and Warrior Fighting For The Earth???

2008 may be better than 2007!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Crimson Glory reissues and Warrior Fighting For The Earth???

2008 may be better than 2007!

It's a Festivus miracle!! headbanger

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL   Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson Glory - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next