Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon

Go down 
+12
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
stormspell
Temple of Blood
Morrison
Zdan
kmorg
Jesusandmetal23
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Empty
PostSubject: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am

Sounds like a neat collection but I already have all four of the original albums ... and a few live/demo "bonus tracks" and "tube technology remastering" (whatever that may be?) aren't really enough to get me to re-buy... probably be a nice collectible though. I'll be interested to see what the packaging looks like.

Metal Mind Productions presents the complete discography of one of the best and most influential prog-metal bands of the 80’s – Crimson Glory.

The exclusive 5 CD box entitled “In Dark Places…1986-2000” contains all of their studio albums: “Crimson Glory”, “Transcendence”, “Strange And Beautiful”, “Astronomica” (2CD). The box also includes bonus tracks, such as songs taken from singles, videos, live or demo tracks plus a 60 pages booklet. All recordings are remastered using tube technology. Box is limited to 1000 numbered copies and is a must-have for all fans of the band as well as for the lovers of the progressive metal genre!

Crimson Glory’s origin reaches the 80’s, when the band emerged with a dazzling combination of early Queensryche style, fascinating guitar melodies and distinctive, emotive vocals. The line-up, consisting of Ben Jackson (guitars), Jon Drenning (guitars), Jeff Lords (bass), Dana Burnell (drums) and Midnight (vocals) recorded two albums – Crimson Glory and Transcendence, both bringing the band a large number of devoted fans. The unique musical mixture, followed by a characteristic image (all band members wore silver masks) marked the beginning of a prog metal legend. But the band did not wish to be captivated in only one musical style. With their third album, Crimson Glory reached far beyond simple power metal musicianship, replacing it with complex, precise songwriting, controversial both in sound and structure. Strange and Beautiful turned out as an epic musical experience, filled with elements borrowed from prog metal, as well as blues and hard rock. For some fans the band explored far too commercial regions, but others greeted Crimson Glory’s evolution enthusiastically. Unfortunately, after the release of their third LP the group stepped down from the scene for six years. It wasn’t until 1997, when Jon Drenning and Jeff Lords decided to reunite Crimson Glory. Ben Jackson’s return was a great start to the process; however it was soon clear that this trio will be the only remaining members of the original line-up, as vocalist Midnight was at that time not interested in recording a new album. Drenning, Lords and Jackson had a tough decision on whom to set as a replacement for the charismatic singer. The final choice was Wade Black, whose vocals sounded much more powerful and aggressive, brining a totally new quality to Crimson Glory’s music. After adjoining ex-Savatage drummer Steve Wacholz the band was ready for a definite comeback. In 1999 Astronomica saw daylight. The album proved the band’s great form, being both a nod to the past as well as updated for the present, retaining some of the classic guitar harmonies with a slightly more dynamic approach. Although soon after its release Black left the band to front Seven Witches and Leash Law, Crimson Glory did not cease to exist. On May 2010 the band announced that a new singer, Todd La Torre, had joined the band. La Torre made his first (and as yet only) public appearance with Crimson Glory at ProgPower USA X as one of seventeen guest performers paying tribute to Midnight, the band's original singer who passed away in 2009 The band is currently working on their new material.

Metal Mind Productions will release “In Dark Places…1986-2000” on 23rd August in Europe and 5th October in USA (via MVD).

Crimson Glory
“In Dark Places…1986 - 2000”

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP 5CD BOX 007
Barcode: 5907785036055
Format: 5 CD Box + 60 pages booklet (limited edition of 1000 copies)
Genre: progressive metal
Release date: 23.08.2010 Europe / 5.10.2010 USA

Tracklist:

CD 1 - CRIMSON GLORY

1. Valhalla
2. Dragon Lady
3. Heart Of Steel
4. Azrael
5. Mayday
6. Queen Of The Masquerade
7. Angels Of War
8. Lost Reflection

Bonus track:
9. Dream Dancer

CD 2 – TRANSCENDENCE

1. Lady Of Winter
2. Red Sharks
3. Painted Skies
4. Masque Of The Red Death
5. In Dark Places
6. Where Dragons Rule
7. Lonely
8. Burning Bridges
9. Eternal World
10. Transcendence

Bonus Tracks:
11. Lonely (Re-Mix)
12. Lonely (Videoclip)

CD 3 - STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL

1. Strange And Beautiful
2. Promise Land
3. Love And Dreams
4. The Chant
5. Dance On Fire
6. Song For Angels
7. In The Mood
8. Starchamber
9. Deep Inside Your Heart
10. Make You Love Me
11. Far Away

Bonus Track:
12. The Chant (Videoclip)

CD 4 – ASTRONOMICA

1. March To Glory (Instrumental)
2. War Of The Worlds
3. New World Machine
4. Astronomica
5. Edge Of Forever
6. Touch The Sun
7. Lucifer's Hammer
8. The Other Side Od Midnight
9. Cyber-Christ
10. Cydonia

CD 5 – ASTRONOMICA

1. War Of The Worlds - Remake
2. Astronomica - Demo Version
3. Touch The Sun - Demo Version
4. Edge Of Forever - Demo Version (bonus track)
5. Dragon Lady - Live
6. Eternal World - Live
7. Painted Skies - Live
8. Queen Of The Masquerade - Live
9. Lost Reflection - Live

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 am

That's pretty cool news. I need the first 2 discs so if the price is right,I'll be getting it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 am

Now this is something I'd be interested in. The only CG disc I own is Strange & Beautiful, which from what I understand doesn't really hold up in comparrision to their older discs. Not a bad disc, just not a "classic".

As long as this box set doesn't cost a right nut to purchase, I'd keep an eye out for that one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:51 am

the first two are pretty essential. The debut especially. I already have the remaster of the debut that MM put out, though........ it does sound really really good, and does contain 'Dream Dancer'...we'll see what this set offers..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
the first two are pretty essential. The debut especially. I already have the remaster of the debut that MM put out, though........ it does sound really really good, and does contain 'Dream Dancer'...we'll see what this set offers..

I have the Metal Mind remaster of the debut, too. You have NO idea how happy I was to see "Dream Dancer" restored to the running order. When I first bought that cassette back in the day (on PAR Records), it was the leadoff track on the album and I loved it. Never understood why it was wiped off the Roadrunner issue of the album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:17 pm

I dont have any CG, so I will probably get this.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm

MetalMind is interesting. It seems that they've also acquired some kind of right to a few of the old Darkseed albums, and I've been seeing those pushed, same deal as the CG stuff, gold disc and remastering and etc. Very worthwhile for anyone even a little into gothic metal a'la Paradise Lost, etc.

MG, yeah 'Strange and Beautiful' is pretty much a pile of ugh. I guess if you absolutely have to have something out of the 80's that references the worst of Led Zeppelin and Queensrÿche at once, yet cheesier than both, it's a good album. Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Lol I enjoy maybe one song.. 'Starchamber' isn't so bad... but expect excellent classic heavy/power metal in that 'Seattle' style (Fifth Angel, Queensrÿche), unique harmonized guitars, and very high vocals, with the first two.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Quote :
MG, yeah 'Strange and Beautiful' is pretty much a pile of ugh.

It's grown on me over the years, but I remember when I first purchased it, I thought "So this is the band that everyone raves about? I don't get it."

It's not a bad listen though.

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

It's cool to see these guys get more recognition. The first two are so good it's crazy. Is it just me but does the Hear No Evil etc. part sound like Guy Ritter on the first Tourniquet?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Hoooold up, yo. Don't go pre-ordering this C.G. box set from your favorite online retailer just yet... got this from BW&BK

CRIMSON GLORY Guitarist Jon Drenning Slams Metal Mind Productions For "Illegal" Release Of 5-CD Box Set

CRIMSON GLORY wishes to formally address the announcement made by Metal Mind Records regarding plans to release a box set featuring the band's discography:
"Crimson Glory does not recognize nor sanction the new CD releases or box-sets made by Metal Mind Records (Poland). They are producing our CDs illegally and thus have ZERO rights to market, promote, advertise, release, distribute or sell any of our material; therefore they have ZERO rights to make any profit from our image, likeness or music."
This has been an ongoing battle between Crimson Glory and Metal Mind ever since Roadrunner Records took yet another step in blatantly disregarding the band's legal requests to cease and desist all involvement with Crimson Glory by illegally selling the rights (which they did not possess) to the Polish record company in 2007. It is a glaring example of what a shambles the music industry has become, and it is crucial to the band that their fans recognize the reality of the situation: Since Roadrunner's involvement with Crimson Glory nearly 20 years ago, not a single cent generated from the production, sale, or publishing of ANY Crimson Glory record has been returned to the band.
"We have become disenfranchised from our own music," says lead guitarist and founding member Jon Drenning, "with everybody making a profit from our efforts but us! As a group of hard-working dedicated musicians who have now given 25 years of our lives and hearts to this band and this music, it is beyond heart-breaking to watch these companies deliberately break the law and profit from selfish and downright criminal actions. This music is our passion; creating each record has been a labor of love, and what's happening to us and our music right now is frustrating and insulting."
Drenning adds, "We wish to make it perfectly clear to our friends and fans out there, all over the world, that these and any other albums or releases are not being produced or distributed with our permission, and that the money they wish to spend on our records is money that we as a band have earned but will never see until this matter is properly resolved. While we appreciate our fans wanting to purchase our material, it's imperative that everyone out there recognizes that in doing so, they are only helping to make a criminal richer. In the meantime, Crimson Glory is presently negotiating with other labels regarding the remastering, re-releasing and future distribution of all of our material, and anything to do with the band regarding album releases, tour dates, promotional material etc will be shared via official press releases and the Crimson Glory Myspace and Facebook pages ONLY."
"CRIMSON GLORY RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT OUR FANS DO NOT PURCHASE ANY MORE ILLEGAL CDS!"

Um...wow. This could get interesting. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hoooold up, yo. Don't go pre-ordering this C.G. box set from your favorite online retailer just yet... got this from BW&BK

CRIMSON GLORY Guitarist Jon Drenning Slams Metal Mind Productions For "Illegal" Release Of 5-CD Box Set

CRIMSON GLORY wishes to formally address the announcement made by Metal Mind Records regarding plans to release a box set featuring the band's discography:
"Crimson Glory does not recognize nor sanction the new CD releases or box-sets made by Metal Mind Records (Poland). They are producing our CDs illegally and thus have ZERO rights to market, promote, advertise, release, distribute or sell any of our material; therefore they have ZERO rights to make any profit from our image, likeness or music."
This has been an ongoing battle between Crimson Glory and Metal Mind ever since Roadrunner Records took yet another step in blatantly disregarding the band's legal requests to cease and desist all involvement with Crimson Glory by illegally selling the rights (which they did not possess) to the Polish record company in 2007. It is a glaring example of what a shambles the music industry has become, and it is crucial to the band that their fans recognize the reality of the situation: Since Roadrunner's involvement with Crimson Glory nearly 20 years ago, not a single cent generated from the production, sale, or publishing of ANY Crimson Glory record has been returned to the band.
"We have become disenfranchised from our own music," says lead guitarist and founding member Jon Drenning, "with everybody making a profit from our efforts but us! As a group of hard-working dedicated musicians who have now given 25 years of our lives and hearts to this band and this music, it is beyond heart-breaking to watch these companies deliberately break the law and profit from selfish and downright criminal actions. This music is our passion; creating each record has been a labor of love, and what's happening to us and our music right now is frustrating and insulting."
Drenning adds, "We wish to make it perfectly clear to our friends and fans out there, all over the world, that these and any other albums or releases are not being produced or distributed with our permission, and that the money they wish to spend on our records is money that we as a band have earned but will never see until this matter is properly resolved. While we appreciate our fans wanting to purchase our material, it's imperative that everyone out there recognizes that in doing so, they are only helping to make a criminal richer. In the meantime, Crimson Glory is presently negotiating with other labels regarding the remastering, re-releasing and future distribution of all of our material, and anything to do with the band regarding album releases, tour dates, promotional material etc will be shared via official press releases and the Crimson Glory Myspace and Facebook pages ONLY."
"CRIMSON GLORY RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT OUR FANS DO NOT PURCHASE ANY MORE ILLEGAL CDS!"

Um...wow. This could get interesting. Laughing

It could and to be totally honest it will sell out in jig time and be going for astronomical amounts on ebay soon enough, I probably will get one for the shelf.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Locky wrote:

It could and to be totally honest it will sell out in jig time and be going for astronomical amounts on ebay soon enough, I probably will get one for the shelf.

I just hope for your sake that if you do buy one, that Jon Drenning doesn't show up at your front door and go all Ninja Assassin on you. That dude's nuts. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
MG, yeah 'Strange and Beautiful' is pretty much a pile of ugh.

It's grown on me over the years, but I remember when I first purchased it, I thought "So this is the band that everyone raves about? I don't get it."

It's not a bad listen though.

Yeah I like it for what it is as well. I knew it wasn't indicitive of their sound but when I saw it for $5.00 I figured I'd better jump on it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:49 pm

I have all the songs, so I don't need to rebuy Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon 25679

I doubt they will come out on the winning side of a battle with RoadRunner though....

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm sorry to break Crimson Glory's party here but this is idiocy. Why didn't they protest when Metal Mind initially released the digipacks? And if they can't prove Roadrunner did not have rights to their albums (which I doubt as Metal Mind has also released albums from Roadrunner from that time-period with no band backlash) then sorry but your qualms do not mean anything. Legally if Roadrunner has the rights they can license them to who they want.
Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 pm

This band really deserves a "complete works" thread.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Locky wrote:

I just hope for your sake that if you do buy one, that Jon Drenning doesn't show up at your front door and go all Ninja Assassin on you. That dude's nuts. Laughing

I live in Florida, so this is possible for me. Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Lol
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:46 am

No new material here anyway ... except maybe that re-recording of "War of the Worlds"???
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 am

Nope, this remake was on the same-titled EP from 2000.

What I don't understand is, how Metal Mind licensed Astronomica from Roadrunner when it was released on Rising Sun Records...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:44 pm

I got all the originals and remasters. Dont need this box set so I wouldn't have bought it anyway. If CG officially releases something with better bonus' then I would possibly by it.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 pm

in the re-releases they should add midnights first solo album that didnt get a large pressing. That would rule.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:17 pm

No way, then mine wouldn't be worth as much. Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Lol
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:44 am

I'll pass. The only discs I need are the selftitled and Transcendence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:32 am

I think that Astronomica was licenced from Spitfire, but what seems to happen with Metal Mind is that they get the rights to the albums and they go about releasing boxsets also, similar to the Crimson Glory they also reissued the Cerebral Fix albums and then lashed them out again in a Boxset, Metal Mind take the public hit in the press but from the talk it's Roadrunner in Disguise
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Looks like this box set actually made it into the marketplace after all, despite Drenning's attempts to torpedo it... you can git it for $99.95 at Amazon. Too rich for my blood (and besides, I have all the studio albums on CD already) but thought some of ya might be interested.

Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon 35868

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Places-1986-2000-Crimson-Glory/dp/B003UN58ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1286915900&sr=8-1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon   Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson Glory - Box Set Coming Soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next