Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crimson Glory

Go down 
+13
Metalgiant
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Stender
manny
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
17 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 am

Recently gave the debut album from Crimson Glory a spin after not having heard it for years. I had forgotten what a true gem this album is. Often labeled as progressive metal, I just see it as classic heavy metal. It's no more progressive than EP-ear Queensryche or early Fates Warning. Actually, CG are easily in the same league with both those bands.

Crimson Glory Crimson-glory

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 am

This band is not progressive at all.

But they are one of my favorite metal bands.

Looking forward to seeing them next month with their new singer, who sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:19 am

The first two albums are pure gold.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 am

They're a great band.They always remind me of a cross between Sacred Warrior and Lizzy Borden.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39404

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:28 am

This is a band I really need to complete their discography. As it stands right now,I only have Strange and Beautiful and Astronomica. Those first 2 discs,from what I gather,are must have classics. I haven't been able to locate them at a decent price yet.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:31 am

007 wrote:
This is a band I really need to complete their discography. As it stands right now,I only have Strange and Beautiful and Astronomica. Those first 2 discs,from what I gather,are must have classics. I haven't been able to locate them at a decent price yet.

I will be selling off the original pressing CD soon if you are interested.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:40 am

007 wrote:

Same here, except the only disc I have is Strange & Beautiful. I was hoping that recently released box set would be a little more in my price range, but it's too expensive for me.

Quote :

Maybe.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

Good band!!! FF is the major fan boy around here with CG.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 pm

When I was in my late teens this guys played in my area alot, and I never went, kind of dismissed them because their image seemed a little goofy with the mask, now I regret it.

When I joined this board, I remember FF (Keith) mentioned on a thread and since I trust his opinion saw a used CD and gave it a chance, and I am glad I did. very good album and now I wished I had not dismissed them.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:12 pm

great band, I only have transcendence gotta track down the s/t. Too bad the other two albums that came later didnt really live up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Good band!!! FF is the major fan boy around here with CG.

Word up homey! Love'em love 'em love 'em! In fact, I listened to this band so much in the late 80s that I kinda made myself sick of'em for a while, haha. My interest was re-ignited when ASTRONOMICA first came out in '99. I dug that one to an extent but it wasn't quite the same vibe as the first two.

I'm VERY interested in hearing what the supposedly in-the-works new material with the new singer will sound like.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Transcendence is one of my all time favorite albums!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Definetly their first 2 albums are classic metal albums. The next 2 were a huge let down. Strange and Beautiful was exactly what the title said and Astronomica was annoying with Wade Blacks Screeching vocals. He was ok until he did his yelling. The new singer though sounds great and I hope they will finally record something good.

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:59 pm

I will be the first to state that Midnight's solo stuff was a huge let-down.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm with you on that one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39404

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:

ult

We'll see. Depends on the price and if little cheap old me can afford it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:34 pm

The first 2 are essential!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
I will be the first to state that Midnight's solo stuff was a huge let-down.

I agree!!
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:15 pm

CRIMSON GLORY are Progressive Power Metal, back then this was how Progressive Metal sounded.

As for all people who are interested in picking up their CD`s please wait, the band is currently working on re-releasing their stuff including unreleased material.

The Metal Mind re-releases and also the new box the same label is offering are not authorized by the band !!!! These are not bootlegs but I am sure if the band would have been involved the result would have been better.

BTW try to get the song "Dream Dancer" this is maybe the best song they ever did.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 am

Metalgiant wrote:
CRIMSON GLORY are Progressive Power Metal, back then this was how Progressive Metal sounded.

As for all people who are interested in picking up their CD`s please wait, the band is currently working on re-releasing their stuff including unreleased material.

The Metal Mind re-releases and also the new box the same label is offering are not authorized by the band !!!! These are not bootlegs but I am sure if the band would have been involved the result would have been better.

BTW try to get the song "Dream Dancer" this is maybe the best song they ever did.

Dream Dancer is a cool song. It's a bonus track on the Metal Mind re-release.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:

Dream Dancer is a cool song. It's a bonus track on the Metal Mind re-release.

I was sooooo happy when the Metal Mind reissue put "Dream Dancer" back on the first album. I have a cassette copy of the original PAR Records pressing from '86 and "Dream Dancer" was the lead off track on it. I LOVED that song. When I saw C.G. live in '89 I kept screaming for'em to play it, they didn't but at one point Jon Drenning heard me, pointed to me and said "Yeah, that's a good one isn't it?" Laughing very hard

For whatever reason, when Roadrunner picked up the album to release in the rest of the world, they re-arranged the track order and dropped "Dream Dancer" from it entirely. They stuck it on the B-side to one of the singles and it more or less disappeared. For years and years, I refused to buy any CD copies of that first C.G. album because they didn't have that song on 'em. Thanks to Metal Mind, that boycott finally came to an end. Wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:34 pm

It's a fantastic album, the remastering on the Metal Mind reissue is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 12:50 pm

I discuss Transcendence in my new YouTube video.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm

I don't view them as Progressive Metal at all. I think they are just Metal. The tag may have come from the early stage theatrics (wearing the masks) and Midnight's high falsetto voice. Maybe that's why some have applied the term? I am just kind of guessing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 1:31 am

I picked up the band's debut a few months ago. A true masterpiece. Need to give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crimson Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crimson Glory   Crimson Glory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson Glory
Page 1 of 1