Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
Witchfinder
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
nevermore
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Empty
PostSubject: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:53 pm

What is this? Is it a documentary like Some Kind of Monster?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:11 pm

I thought it was interviews and live footage, not some sort of reality show thing like Metallica did.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:36 pm

it's a crap
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I don't think it's a Metallica like documentary. From what I've heard it's footage of them recording the War Of Words album and interviews.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:57 pm

It's interviews and studio footage along with a live show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:41 pm

DeathCult wrote:

It also comes with War of Words remixed and remastered. I was thinking of picking it up just for that.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:10 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I have it and that's exactly what it is. It's not really what I expected as I thought it would be more of a documentary.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:22 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
it's a crap
Oh? Explain.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 am

I heard it was being screened at select theaters that's why i thought it was a Metallica type deal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:36 am

Did anyone pick up the CD, K5-War of Words Demos? Great CD, imo. Different takes on all the songs, as well as some that were not used. Loose, raw feel, but the production isn't bad either.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Did anyone pick up the CD, K5-War of Words Demos? Great CD, imo. Different takes on all the songs, as well as some that were not used. Loose, raw feel, but the production isn't bad either.

ult

It looks interesting, but I was in FYE at the time and wasn't about to pay what they were asking for it. I'll probably pick this up at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 pm

There are a couple of the "K5" demo tracks included on the Halford METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I disc that I got a while back. Sounded pretty darn good to me, I am planning to pick up the full CD next chance I get. Fight's WAR OF WORDS is an underrated-as-Hell album in my book.

I see that a "remixed, remastered" version of WAR OF WORDS is included in the "War of Words - The Film" DVD package? How does it compare to the original version? When I heard he planned to revisit that one I thought "Why bother remixing it or remastering it? It sounds just fine to me the way it is!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
There are a couple of the "K5" demo tracks included on the Halford METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I disc that I got a while back. Sounded pretty darn good to me, I am planning to pick up the full CD next chance I get. Fight's WAR OF WORDS is an underrated-as-Hell album in my book.

I see that a "remixed, remastered" version of WAR OF WORDS is included in the "War of Words - The Film" DVD package? How does it compare to the original version? When I heard he planned to revisit that one I thought "Why bother remixing it or remastering it? It sounds just fine to me the way it is!"

Theres actually remixed and remastered versions of war of words and a small deadly space but they are only available as mp3 downloads on either itunes or the halford website. they actually do sound better. Ive been thinking about getting them, but im waiting for an actual cd if that ever happens.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:43 pm

For me War of Words is a soso record. There are some good tracks on it, mostly Nailed to the Gun, but also some weak ones. So to leave Priest and do War of Words, was this really necessary? Especially since when they released their second album, everyone I knew lost interest in them.

The best Halford song outside Priest is Light Comes Out of Black. That one is a killer.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:38 pm

The only thing I want reissed by Fight is the Christmas ride song. wake me up when that's on cd again
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:42 pm

ensiferum2k wrote:
The only thing I want reissed by Fight is the Christmas ride song. wake me up when that's on cd again

I was kinda hoping that one would turn up on the METAL GOD ESSENTIALS comp, but no dice. I've never heard that song, but always wanted to.

Apparently Rob put it up on his web site as a free download during this past holiday season, though I never got round to checking it out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos   Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford's Fight...War of Words dvd & demos
Page 1 of 1