Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636
Age : 33

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOwZBo8FQvo

Warning: Much cursing and Def Leppard bashing ahead.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515
Age : 31

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:42 am

ROFL!!!

haha, dio slagging off def leppard. pure brilliance. vivian campbell has wasted his career. hes been playing rhythm guitar is def leppard for 15 years now
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25523
Age : 49

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:43 am

This is pretty wild. I know Viv has said some pretty harsh things about Dio, but I'm really surprised at Ronnie's response. I've always thought of him as being a pretty classy guy and would be above this sort of thing.

Great to watch though! Funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:44 am

Thanks for posting that. Pretty interesting. Dio doesn't seem to be the kind of person to say things like that lightly. There are some muscians who constantly bash anyone within 3 feet of them (ie Danzig) so you can take that with a grain of salt but when someone who hardly ever says anything has such harsh words it makes you take it a lot more seriously.

Hey Metalguy, makes you wonder if he knew he had the camera on him?


Last edited by on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 53

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:45 am

Wasted his career? I guess that depends on your perspective. He's had a steady paycheck with Def Leppard for 15 years, which indeed makes it a career. I don't personally like the stuff he's done with Def Leppard, but a lot of people do. I wouldn't say he wasted his career even though we all know he is capable of more than is apparent in Def Leppard.

I haven't checked out the Dio rant yet, but I will later at home.

ult

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8587
Age : 47

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:49 am

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636
Age : 33

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
Wasted his career? I guess that depends on your perspective. He's had a steady paycheck with Def Leppard for 15 years, which indeed makes it a career. I don't personally like the stuff he's done with Def Leppard, but a lot of people do. I wouldn't say he wasted his career even though we all know he is capable of more than is apparent in Def Leppard.

I haven't checked out the Dio rant yet, but I will later at home.

ult

I somehow doubt Eyesore is going to be a big fan of this rant Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 34648
Age : 50

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:58 am

WOW, what a potty mouth Dio's got!! I wouldn't expect that of him!! But I guess he's been putting up with Viv Campbell bashing him long enough and he just couldn't hold back anymore...

Vivian is like Marty Friedman, i.e. a former metal guy who takes any and all opportunities to mention how much he hates metal now. To heck with him. If it weren't for RJD giving him a shot way back when, Viv would probably still be in Ireland, playing Sweet Savage songs in the pubs around Belfast!
angry
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9191
Age : 41

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:18 pm

i wouldn't say "wasted his career" at all. he's had a pretty darn good career as far as that goes. wasting is talent perhaps, as Def Leppard's material doesn't give him the opportunity to shine.

_________________
Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. MNxjcKm
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:36 pm

All bashing aside, being 2nd banana to Phil Collen does not a fulfilling career make, I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
i wouldn't say "wasted his career" at all. he's had a pretty darn good career as far as that goes. wasting is talent perhaps, as Def Leppard's material doesn't give him the opportunity to shine.

Exactly what i was going to say.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:53 pm

I am really suprised by his language. I never seen him talk like that before but he has probably bottled up alot of anger over the years toward people he feels jerked him around.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:56 pm

troublezone wrote:
I am really suprised by his language. I never seen him talk like that before but he has probably bottled up alot of anger over the years toward people he feels jerked him around.

Like the guys who are going to take those pick guards and sell them on EBay for hundreds of dollars. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:
I am really suprised by his language. I never seen him talk like that before but he has probably bottled up alot of anger over the years toward people he feels jerked him around.

Like the guys who are going to take those pick guards and sell them on EBay for hundreds of dollars. Smile

His autograph is worth that much? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm

troublezone wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:
I am really suprised by his language. I never seen him talk like that before but he has probably bottled up alot of anger over the years toward people he feels jerked him around.

Like the guys who are going to take those pick guards and sell them on EBay for hundreds of dollars. Smile

His autograph is worth that much? Shocked

To his mother. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:31 pm

It was very surprising to hear Dio use that kind of language...I've just never heard him cuss before...let alone just lay into someone like that...LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:37 pm

It was like hearing your sweet little grandma curse for the first time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
ROFL!!!

haha, dio slagging off def leppard. pure brilliance. vivian campbell has wasted his career. hes been playing rhythm guitar is def leppard for 15 years now
Considering he's probably 5 times richer than Dio, I'd have to say he surely didn't waste his career.

That said, I've never read where he said anything bad about Dio. I think he slept with Dio's wife. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:21 pm

Quote :
Considering he's probably 5 times richer than Dio, I'd have to say he surely didn't waste his career.

He doesn't make crap off of album sales for DL...none of the albums he's been a part of with them have done anything...but I'm sure he makes more $$ per show than RJD does...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:


That said, I've never read where he said anything bad about Dio. I think he slept with Dio's wife. Laughing

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=16317

Terrible source. Seems the original interview was pulled from the DL site.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Considering he's probably 5 times richer than Dio, I'd have to say he surely didn't waste his career.
He doesn't make crap off of album sales for DL...none of the albums he's been a part of with them have done anything...but I'm sure he makes more $$ per show than RJD does...
Does that make my statement untrue?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Considering he's probably 5 times richer than Dio, I'd have to say he surely didn't waste his career.
He doesn't make crap off of album sales for DL...none of the albums he's been a part of with them have done anything...but I'm sure he makes more $$ per show than RJD does...
Does that make my statement untrue?

I'm not arguing with you...I'm expanding on your statement...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:33 pm

I like the old DL albums but i can't stand the fact that they reject their past and claim to hate "hard Rock" let alone Metal!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 34648
Age : 50

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:34 pm

Viv Campbell:
"I know it's a strange thing to say, but I don't really care about my past contributions. Even now I still get these guys coming up to me going 'Duuuuuuuude!', giving me the DIO devil sign and yelling 'Holy Diver!!' and 'Rainbow In The Dark, whoo hoo!!' and it's cool that they remember it, but that music never mattered to me — and still doesn't."

Nice. angry

What a jag-off.


Last edited by on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Viv Campbell:
"I know it's a strange thing to say, but I don't really care about my past contributions. Even now I still get these guys coming up to me going 'Duuuuuuuude!', giving me the DIO devil sign and yelling 'Holy Diver!!' and 'Rainbow In The Dark, whoo hoo!!' and it's cool that they remember it, but that music never mattered to me — and still doesn't."

Nice. angry

Class act.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: