Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos

Go down 
+7
Dave the Boss
Eyesore
manny
Troublezone
MetalFRO
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Empty
PostSubject: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos B0aa_7

Any thoughts on this album? I came across a copy for fairly cheap and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up. I like the original War of Words release well enough. I'm not usually a big fan of demo releases of songs I already know, so I'm primarily interesed in the unreleased tracks.

What say you?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm waiting for it to come in the mail right now from a trader. I'll get back to ya when it arrives.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm curious as well. I quite enjoy the original album, and after the "Heartwork" demos & their disappointment, I'd want to avoid spending money on a package like this unless there was something truly special or interesting about these tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm waiting for it to come in the mail right now from a trader. I'll get back to ya when it arrives.

Is it coming on a slow boat from Russia? Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_biggrin

Ult has a nice little write-up about it and usually that's all it takes for me if I'm on the fence about something, but I thought I'd take in a few other opinions. My New Year's resolution is to be a little more reserved about my music purchases. We'll see how that goes. Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos 201269

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:25 pm

No other thoughts on this one?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:27 pm

I say if it's cheap, what the hell, go for it.

There, that was helpful wasn't it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Extremely. Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_rolleyes

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I find that the same "if it's cheap, what the hell" rule applies well to all things. CDs, movies, books, beer, women....

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Are the five unreleased tracks worth buying the record?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I find that the same "if it's cheap, what the hell" rule applies well to all things. CDs, movies, books, beer, women....

Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos 201269
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:27 pm

I remember digging it. Not sure it's worth paying full price, though, but on the cheap it's definitely worth it.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Amen brother! Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Lol
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 am

In my humble opine, it's worth getting. The demo versions are a bit more "raw" sounding, as demos usually are, and the unreleased tracks are pretty good. It's Halford. It's Fight. It's good. Peace.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:23 am

It's actually very good.
I listen to this as much as the original.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Very good album. IT'S OBVIOUS. It's got Rob Halford
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Is it coming on a slow boat from Russia? Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_biggrin

Yes, it was, but the boat finally arrived! I got this CD over the weekend. Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos 25679

So I've spun the CD a few times now and to answer the original question, K5 was a decent disc but unless you're a Halford fanboy to the Nth power like me it's probably not a must have. (How cheap is the copy you're lookin' at MG?) The demos of songs that eventually were re-recorded for WAR OF WORDS don't sound radically different from the album versions and the "unreleased" songs, for the most part, well, there's probably a reason why they didn't make the cut for the record. A couple are passable but there was nothing that blew my doors off.

So I stand by my original answer - if it's cheap, what the hell, go for it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 am

I never got it. I snoozed, so I loozed. Someone else must've snagged it from the used section at the local FYE. Damn my procrasting ways.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I never got it. I snoozed, so I loozed. Someone else must've snagged it from the used section at the local FYE. Damn my procrasting ways.

Bummer. If only that boat from Russia hadn't been so slow, I could've been more help. Laughing

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I always loved Fight! 10/10
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 am

Lookin' thru the booklet for Fight's "K5" disc makes me wonder if anyone proofread this thing before it was sent out...it's riddled with typos. Several times the liner notes claim the WAR OF WORDS album came out in 1998 rather than 1993, and at one point the project is even referred to as "K6!" Get some new glasses, Rob. Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos 201269

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos   Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight - K5: The War of Words Demos
Page 1 of 1