Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)

Go down 
+7
Eyesore
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Joe
Zdan
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Empty
PostSubject: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 pm

How does this re-issue of War of Words compare to the original?

Whenever I see the word 'remixed' associated with a classic album I instantly think of the horrible Megadeth re-issues that took away all the charm of the original recordings. So my question is, how dramatically different is this version from the original?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Never bothered with it. I've had the original pressing since it first came out and it sounds just fine to me. No remixing or remastering was necessary.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:54 pm

I heard it and...uh. I think they totally butchered that album as it feels totally devoid of power. No oomph behind the guitars and the drums sound flat. It is louder but that's about it. I might be spoiled cause' I have the japanese version of that album but is sounds PERFECT to me as it is.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:10 pm

I just picked up the original not too long ago. While it was an album I had wanted to get, I just never did (always ended up getting something else). I figured it was the perfect time to get it, because I was able to find it used and cheap, because some people would sell the original and get the "improved" new one.

I have to say that the original sounds fine to me too.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:17 pm

I love the KIMB remix/remaster and think it far outshines the original.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

...except for the annoying "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEPS" that cover up three quarters of the cover of "These Boots."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

...except for the annoying "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEPS" that cover up three quarters of the cover of "These Boots."

I don't like that song anyway, so that doesn't factor into my assessment. To me it is like so many other thrash jokes: they were funny at the time but didn't age well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:28 pm

The original sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Yeah, I agree with both of these statements. Did Dave ever give an actual reason behind the "Bleeps?"
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Joe wrote:
Did Dave ever give an actual reason behind the "Bleeps?"

It had to do with the fact that he had changed the words and those substituted curse words for some legal/licensing issue or whatever had to be omitted.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 am

Zdan wrote:
I heard it and...uh. I think they totally butchered that album as it feels totally devoid of power. No oomph behind the guitars and the drums sound flat. It is louder but that's about it. I might be spoiled cause' I have the japanese version of that album but is sounds PERFECT to me as it is.
Devoid of power. No oomph behind the guitars. Drums sound flat. Louder...but that's...about it. What? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
Zdan wrote:
Devoid of power. No oomph behind the guitars. Drums sound flat. Louder...but that's...about it. What? Laughing

What I wrote. Wink
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:58 am

The original is one of 2-3 favorite things from Halford. No sense in messing with it, it's awesome. I won't bother with a reissue.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:15 am

"War of Words" is much too simple and boring."Reserection" has superior songwrighting.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:02 am

I like both albums. Resurrection was more Priest-like whereas War of Words a stylistic departure from Priest. I think with War of Words Halford tried to capture the metal style and attitude of the times. Bands like Pantera were on their way up, and I think Halford was quite influenced by their sound at the time of recording War of Words.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 pm

I only have the BOX SET that comes with 3cd's and the DVD, and they are remixed and remastered. So I don't know how the originals compare, but if they sound better, I will have to get them
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I like both albums. Resurrection was more Priest-like whereas War of Words a stylistic departure from Priest. I think with War of Words Halford tried to capture the metal style and attitude of the times. Bands like Pantera were on their way up, and I think Halford was quite influenced by their sound at the time of recording War of Words.

100% agree, I do like Fight's War of Words alot but this was a case of Halford following instead of leading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)   Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight's War of Words (Remixed and Remastered)
Page 1 of 1