Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
Wargod
Metallic Blaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Annihilator ~ All for You

MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You 43160
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:19 pm

For some reason this album takes a lot of crap. I always really liked it though. To me it's a very underrated thrash album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
this album takes a lot of crap.

it produced alot of it too, Waters is a spent force in my opinion and should quit and go mixing or producing full time. To me all the albums have been full of meidiocre since S.T.W.O.F., Waking the Fury did grab my attention somewhat but not enough to return to being a full fan again.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Anything up to Carnival Diablos is good after that yuck, oh Remains blows as well!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 pm

This was where Annihilator lost me. Waters is still a riff machine and he did some abso-freakin-lutely nasty work on here, but Dave Padden (the then-new singer) sucked, his mongoloid vocals just completely killed the album for me.

It figured that Waters changed vocalists as often as he changed his socks for goin' on 20 years and I never had a problem with that, but as soon as he found a guy I HATE, he's stuck with him for three albums now.

If he ever dumps that Padden guy I may come back to the fold but as long as he's behind the mic, I'm done with this band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:20 pm

I like it. Not sure why everyone hates it so much.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I like it, too. I really like 'Dr. Psycho'. Killer song.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 am

ultmetal wrote:

Same here.

I read your review of this album on NLTM and pretty much agree 100%.

MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You 11840

And about Dave Padden's vocals - sure they are a bit unusual at first. I was taken aback as they aren't your typical 'thrash vocalist' sounding vox. However, as soon as I opened my mind and gave Padden a chance - I was a fan. I'm glad Jeff has kept this singer so long. Shows he's improving in the 'keeping his band members' department.

Overall album rating: 9/10
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Me too. I thought Padden's vocals were good. Especially where he actually sang.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 pm

I never heard this album and chances are I never will. As much as I've tried, Annihilator just never really clicked with me. I think it's been the lack of consistancy with lead vocals spot. The earlier albums are decent, but they lost me around King of the Kill album.

I've recently been going through the discs I own to see which ones are keepers and which get thrown in the trade/sell pile.

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You   MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 11/30. Annihilator ~ All for You
Page 1 of 1