Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
candlemass
TheGooch
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Think this concept would work for any other band besides Sabbath?

Priest is a good suggestion. How about Led Zeppelin? Or The Rolling Stones? I know I've heard more than a few covers of 'Paint It Black' or 'Brown Sugar'.

Zeppelin is a possibility but I think it would be hard to find covers of some of the later stuff. You could probablly a nice cover collection of the prime 60's era going.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:33 pm

I'm looking into Deliverance's After Forever and Kyuss's Into The Void, practically completing Master of Reality. I doubt those two instrumentals have been covered...
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:45 pm

For now im going with the Biohazard cover of After Forever until I can find a better one (cant track down the Deliverance one on the net)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Black Sabbath is my all time favorite band and has been for over 20 years now. To me and in my personal opinion (which is just mine) there hasn't been one band that can cover Black Sabbath and do it well. I have heard ALL of these songs and to me they are all not very good! But this is just me and my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Black Sabbath is my all time favorite band and has been for over 20 years now. To me and in my personal opinion (which is just mine) there hasn't been one band that can cover Black Sabbath and do it well. I have heard ALL of these songs and to me they are all not very good! But this is just me and my opinion!

True that nothing beats the originals, but I enjoy covers of bands I like by other bands I like.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:29 pm

I've decided to replace the Faith No More cover with the MSG cover featuring Ripper Owens on vocals!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:08 pm

firestar wrote:
This is a pretty cool idea. I can't think of any other Sabbath covers that Ult didn't list.

Think this concept would work for any other band besides Sabbath?

While watching the VH1 7 Ages of Rock series, I realized another band who's debut album has spawned quite a few covers...The Sex Pistols

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols:
1. Holidays in the Sun - Skid Row
2. Bodies - Velvet Revolver
3. No Feelings - Overkill
4. Liar
5. God Save The Queen - Motorhead/Anthrax
6. Problems - Megadeth
7. Seventeen
8. Anarchy in the UK - Megadeth/Motley Crue
9. Submission
10. Pretty Vacant - Joan Jett
11. New York
12. EMI

These are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head, the ones that I know & heard. I'm sure there are other bands and other songs that have been covered. Feel free to add to 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:06 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

4."Iron Man" - Metallica

When was this? I'd like to check it out.

Last edited by on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Sorry about the DP, I clicked "quote" instead of "edit" on the above post.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Hey Chairman, you have no idea the can of worms you've opened! I've been compiling Sabbath covers for an "ultimate" tribute for awhile now and I have found literally hundreds of them! I currently have about 5 gigs worth of covers, so I'll see if I can fill in some of the blanks for you up above.

Oh and my project, TROGLODYTE DAWN, also has a cover of "After Forever" on the debut cd (although it's in parody form and titled "Forever After") if you want to hear it.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Hey man, I just added a bunch of suggestions to your first post (in orange).

I have a master list that I am working from that shows every Sab tribute album and cover song that I currently know about, but I can't post it here because it's too large.

I can email it to you if you want.

Lemme know... Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:57 pm

Grave Gigger did a cover of Children of the Grave
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:59 pm

Iron Savior also did a cover of Neon Knights
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:59 am

TrogDawn wrote:
Hey man, I just added a bunch of suggestions to your first post (in orange).

I have a master list that I am working from that shows every Sab tribute album and cover song that I currently know about, but I can't post it here because it's too large.

I can email it to you if you want.

Lemme know... Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 309780

I'd like to have the ones in my blank spots!

Alot of those I knew about, but I ended up picking a version I liked a litte better or I coulden't find them... if you can get me those songs i'd appreciate it.

stevesmith1987@gmail.com

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:00 am

Androcles wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

4."Iron Man" - Metallica

When was this? I'd like to check it out.

Its a live version they did at Sabbath's induction into the Hall of Fame, gimme your email address and i'll send you that plus Hole In The Sky.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:54 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I'd like to have the ones in my blank spots!

Alot of those I knew about, but I ended up picking a version I liked a litte better or I coulden't find them... if you can get me those songs i'd appreciate it.

stevesmith1987@gmail.com

Thanks
I just emailed you my list (and an mp3 to see if our email accounts will allow it).

Lemme know if you have received...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey Chairman, did you get the emails I sent?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 am

TrogDawn wrote:
Hey Chairman, did you get the emails I sent?

Yeah, sorry it took so long, been working too much!

I really enjoy the song, very interesting take on that song. I'll have to check out the other covers, but for now it replaces the version that Biohazard did because its musically much better! I may end up replacing it with a version that diden't change the lyrics, but it will end up in my doubles collection I have going.

I plan on burning albums I have completed.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:45 am

Cool, glad you liked it. Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 309780

Post a list of the songs you want the most and I'll send them to you one at a time.

Also, if you could, would you please keep an eye out for the following ones for me?

BANDIT - "Evil Woman"
L.A. GUNS - "Black Sabbath"
MARIE ROTTROVA - "She's Gone"
SHEAVY - "Dirty Women"
ULTRATUMBA - "Rat Salad"

I'd appreciate it - thanks man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:47 am

TrogDawn wrote:
Cool, glad you liked it. Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 309780

Post a list of the songs you want the most and I'll send them to you one at a time.

Also, if you could, would you please keep an eye out for the following ones for me?

BANDIT - "Evil Woman"
L.A. GUNS - "Black Sabbath"
MARIE ROTTROVA - "She's Gone"
SHEAVY - "Dirty Women"
ULTRATUMBA - "Rat Salad"

I'd appreciate it - thanks man! Very Happy

I have the Ultratumba one, plus a whole CD of Sabbath covers by them, i'll email it.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:52 am

GAH, ignore this post.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 am

3."Behind the Wall of Sleep" - Static X
5."Wicked World" - Spirit Caravan
6."A Bit of Finger/Sleeping Village/Warning" - Aynsley Dunbar's Retaliation (the original version of "Warning")
7. "Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)" - Crow (the original version)
2."After Forever" - Deliverance
8."Into the Void" - Kyuss
1. "Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener" - Cathedral
2. "Tomorrow's Dream" - Sheavy
4. "FX" - Matmos
9. "St. Vitus' Dance" - Cathedral
2. "A National Acrobat" Metallica
5. "Killing Yourself to Live" - A.C.
6. "Who Are You?" - OLD
8. "Spiral Architect" - Iridium Fix
4."Megalomania" - Venom
7."She's Gone" - Marie Rottrova and the Flamingo Group
8."Dirty Women" - Sheavy
2. "Johnny Blade" - Engrave
3. "Junior's Eyes" - Sheavy
4. "A Hard Road" - Rondellus
5. "Shock Wave" - Cathedral

Those are the ones I want the most, need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:01 am

I have that Venom disc (Prime Evil) at home, if I can remember I'll upload that song for you. I also have that Kyuss track (Into The Void)on MP3.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
3."Behind the Wall of Sleep" - Static X
5."Wicked World" - Spirit Caravan
6."A Bit of Finger/Sleeping Village/Warning" - Aynsley Dunbar's Retaliation (the original version of "Warning")
7. "Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)" - Crow (the original version)
2."After Forever" - Deliverance
8."Into the Void" - Kyuss
1. "Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener" - Cathedral
2. "Tomorrow's Dream" - Sheavy
4. "FX" - Matmos
9. "St. Vitus' Dance" - Cathedral
5. "Killing Yourself to Live" - A.C.
6. "Who Are You?" - OLD
4."Megalomania" - Venom
2. "Johnny Blade" - Engrave
3. "Junior's Eyes" - Sheavy
4. "A Hard Road" - Rondellus
5. "Shock Wave" - Cathedral
Can do, bro. I'll try to get some out tonight, but my wife is going into the hospital tomorrow and we will be staying overnight, so I won't be home until Friday sometime.

Chairman_Smith wrote:
2. "A National Acrobat" Metallica
This is just the mid-section of "Sabbra Cadabra" from Garage, Inc.

Chairman_Smith wrote:
8. "Spiral Architect" - Iridium Fix
7."She's Gone" - Marie Rottrova and the Flamingo Group
8."Dirty Women" - Sheavy
I don't have these yet, bro. If I find them anytime soon, I'll send them. Please keep your eyes open for them also though, if you can.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 am

Dunno if anybody's mentioned these yet (maybe I did earlier?) but Overkill covered three Sabbath songs on their COVERKILL album -- "Changes," "Never Say Die" and "Cornucopia."

EDIT: Never mind... I just re-read the original post in this thread and I see all three of those have been listed already.

I'll just leave now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection   Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a Black Sabbath cover song collection
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next