Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Recon

Go down 
+9
thejokeriv
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
kethdredd
Tall Tyrion
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:16 pm

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Myself with Eddie Starline this past September:
Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 L_bdf6ca18e368de5de2cb5289656d11d2

ult, you should have arm wrestled him. Smile

Dude, Ult could SO take that guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:18 pm

I've never heard of Recon, but from this discussion, they sound pretty cool. Is this cd a bit of a rareity or hard to find nowadays?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've never heard of Recon, but from this discussion, they sound pretty cool. Is this cd a bit of a rareity or hard to find nowadays?

The original pressing (on Intense Records) is quite the rarity, it was reissued by Magdalene Recs. in 2000 or '01 but only 1000 copies were made (that's the one I have). As SpectreFate can attest, it's also been bootlegged.

But yea, they're quite good. Imagine if Queensryche had gone to a tent revival meeting during THE WARNING era and gotten themselves some of that ol'time religion. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:20 pm

http://radrockers.com/Details.aspx?iid=5770

$10.00 on Radrockers. That makes me steaming mad at dirt. My bootleg was $9.99 from a seller on Amazon. I'd love to have the original myself. Anyone wanna buy me a Christmas present? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:

$10.00 on Radrockers. That makes me steaming mad at dirt. My bootleg was $9.99 from a seller on Amazon. I'd love to have the original myself.

Those bums. I bought my reissue from RadRockers back in '01 and paid more than $10 for it back then!!
angry
Although I wonder if this is really the "actual" reissue or one of those aforementioned bootlegs. The Sacred Warrior "OBSESSIONS" boot I got was from RadRockers.

*EDIT* I wouldn't be surprised if this Recon disc is the bootleg. Here's the listing for the Sacred Warrior OBSESSIONS I got a while back, he's still selling it, and it's the same price as the Recon disc:

http://radrockers.com/Details.aspx?iid=1851

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Bootlegs on Radrockers? Interesting.

I bet that is the bootleg Recon on there then. But it says only 10 songs. My bootleg has 17. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Bootlegs on Radrockers? Interesting.

I bet that is the bootleg Recon on there then. But it says only 10 songs. My bootleg has 17. Who knows?

See the edit I just made to my last post.

If there's only ten songs on the Recon CD, then it's the boot. The M8/Magdalene pressing had six or seven bonus tracks from their demos and the CALIFORNIA METAL II compilation album.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:32 pm

I know Recon is a boot, but it still has the bonus tracks. The disc itself is actually some bad camoflage design. I wish my camera was at work, I'd show you. But that really makes me want to steer clear of Radrockers now that I know he is selling these obvious Sacred Warrior boots.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I know Recon is a boot, but it still has the bonus tracks. The disc itself is actually some bad camoflage design. I wish my camera was at work, I'd show you. But that really makes me want to steer clear of Radrockers now that I know he is selling these obvious Sacred Warrior boots.

Is your Recon at least a silver pressed CD, or is it a CD-R? Cuz the Sacred Warrior disc I got was a CD-R. Yea, I was a little steamed. Rather than call up the RadRockers guy and rip him a new ass though, I figured I'd chalk it up as a learning experience... besides, as I said, it was the only S.W. disc I didn't own and I had all but given up on ever finding an original at a decent price.

I haven't ordered anything from RadRockers since then, though I probably would if something I really wanted came along... although if something old suddenly turns up as "reissued" that sounds too good to be true, I'd steer clear of it.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kethdredd wrote:
Fantastic disc, one of my all time favorites. The band is currently working on a new disc. They have a different singer now who's name I can't remember and myspace is blocked at work. I do know that George Ochoa and Mike Grato are in the band still. They played at Cornerstone California.

The new vocalist is Rod Arias (or Rod Dickenson). I've seen Recon with him twice, the first time in 2002. He is a fantastic singer and can nail all those high notes even better than Recon's original vocals. He will not disappoint longtime fans, should the band ever finally decide to record their sophomore release.

The rest of the band is still the same. George Ochoa and Eddie Starline on guitars, John Gonzales on bass and my good friend Mike Grato on bass.

great photo...lets see if the new singer can sing light the fire properly,hehehe.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:45 pm

I have my Wicked Generation boot here with me at work and the way it is made is the same way the Recon is made. The numbers on the discs are very similar so they are CD-Rs. But I'm with you. I have the music, and a story to complain about online. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I have my Wicked Generation boot here with me at work and the way it is made is the same way the Recon is made. The numbers on the discs are very similar so they are CD-Rs. But I'm with you. I have the music, and a story to complain about online. Smile

Yea, they make interesting conversation pieces. "Here, look at this, some guy in Croatia actually bothered to bootleg an album that maybe a few thousand people in the world even give a rat's patoot about, and I got one!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:

i have the original both on vinyl and cd. trade?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:58 pm

syrus wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

No thanks, I'll hold onto the one I have for now and digitize it. Thanks though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
syrus wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

No thanks, I'll hold onto the one I have for now and digitize it. Thanks though.

actually i never intended to trade it but i thought you wanted it very bad,hehehe.....after all is another souver on the pile for me...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 pm

syrus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
kethdredd wrote:
Fantastic disc, one of my all time favorites. The band is currently working on a new disc. They have a different singer now who's name I can't remember and myspace is blocked at work. I do know that George Ochoa and Mike Grato are in the band still. They played at Cornerstone California.

The new vocalist is Rod Arias (or Rod Dickenson). I've seen Recon with him twice, the first time in 2002. He is a fantastic singer and can nail all those high notes even better than Recon's original vocals. He will not disappoint longtime fans, should the band ever finally decide to record their sophomore release.

The rest of the band is still the same. George Ochoa and Eddie Starline on guitars, John Gonzales on bass and my good friend Mike Grato on bass.

great photo...lets see if the new singer can sing light the fire properly,hehehe.....

Have heard him sing that song and YES he can more than nail it. He also annihilates on "Slay the Wicked".

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
syrus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

Have heard him sing that song and YES he can more than nail it. He also annihilates on "Slay the Wicked".

hey, ult, check paradox' myspace from TX(they have samples from the wraith. crusaders of the cross slays!). can't wait for a recon release,btw(after your comment)...lets see if there's still a place for some pure US steel in their hearts....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 pm

LOVE Recon!!! "Behind Enemy Lines" is one of my favorite Christian metal albums of all time! I picked this up on tape back when it first came out. Need to upgrade to a cd though, as my tape took a dive long ago. I dont' want one of those boots. Maybe they'll reissue this soon.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 4:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:

$10.00 on Radrockers. That makes me steaming mad at dirt. My bootleg was $9.99 from a seller on Amazon. I'd love to have the original myself. Anyone wanna buy me a Christmas present? Smile

I stopped buying from radrockers because of the boots, they are easy to spot though, he calls them "imports".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 pm

I think this band should make a new album already. The one they do have is good, but after seeing them a few times over the past few years, they have played new songs that really kill!!! So its time they should finally get busy and get it done!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Spec and FF,I've got the2001 Magdalene version.17 songs with lyrics inside the booklet.It also says Limited Edition on the inner tray card.does this sound like yours?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Spec and FF,I've got the2001 Magdalene version.17 songs with lyrics inside the booklet.It also says Limited Edition on the inner tray card.does this sound like yours?

Yup, that's the one I got.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:04 am

thrasher73 wrote:

I'm not sure. Send it to me and I'll let you know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:15 am

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

I'm not sure. Send it to me and I'll let you know. Smile

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:37 am

Ive been hearing of Recon's "Behind Enemy Lines" for years,but have never actually heard it (or the band).Please don't tell me they're a complete Queesryche copy? Are they heavier musically? Or just the vocals resemble Tate ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Recon   Thoughts on Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Recon
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next