Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Metal

Go down 
+27
nevermore
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
ghost
MoonChild
SAHB Healer
EvyMetal
stepcousin
DeathCult
sovdat
Tall Tyrion
Leatherface
Troublezone
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
T-Roy
Follower of Jesus
Olafsto
Invader
Rex
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
mc666
DallasBlack
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Black Metal
Love It
Black Metal Vote_lcap14%Black Metal Vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Like It
Black Metal Vote_lcap16%Black Metal Vote_rcap
 16% [ 7 ]
Like Some, Hate Others
Black Metal Vote_lcap25%Black Metal Vote_rcap
 25% [ 11 ]
Indifferent (I don't listen to it, but have no beef with it)
Black Metal Vote_lcap18%Black Metal Vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
Hate It (I don't listen to it, it sucks)
Black Metal Vote_lcap27%Black Metal Vote_rcap
 27% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 am

How does everyone feel about black metal? I like some here and there but am not overly into it. I like Borknagar, Antestor, Drottnar, Sanctifica, Crimson Moonlight, Holy Blood, and some other Christian ones but tend to be turned off by the satanic ones (which includes almost all non-Christian ones). The big exception to that is the song, Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse from Dimmu Borgir, that song is awesome, plus I really have no idea what they're saying anyways. I only listen to the above bands sparsly (except Borknagar which is, IMO, more than black metal-same goes for Kekal). Unfortunatly most of the songs have no hooks, they have melody (many anyways) but nothing memorable.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:44 am

i love all black metal. however i especially prefer the raw traditional stuff over the symphonic keyboardy kind.

in another words Darkthrone>Dimmu.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:42 am

mc666 wrote:
i love all black metal. however i especially prefer the raw traditional stuff over the symphonic keyboardy kind.

I am the exact opposite of that. I prefer the symphonic ones.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:08 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I am the exact opposite of that. I prefer the symphonic ones.
yeah that's cool. there are always "middle ground" bands like Immortal for everyone to enjoy. they don't just pose for birthday pix, ya know. Wink

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:52 am

I like some black metal, but am not sure that any black metal fanatics would think any of the bands I like are "true"
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:53 am

I've been listening to metal for over 20 years, and I'm not sure I've ever heard Black metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:55 am

Don't know enough about it to make the call one way or the other. What little I've heard of it didn't impress me much so I guess that would make me "indifferent" I suppose.

Although I gotta say, I LOVE reading interviews with Black Metal bands in magazines, especially the "troo grimm kult" guys in all the face paint and spikes who act all elitist and believe they're superior to all other humans. That sh*t is comedy gold.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 am

Not a fan at all. Especially the "Satanic" ones...have you SEEN them!? they are just rediculous. As for the music...really not my thing.
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 am

I like Living Color and Tony MacAlpine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:57 am

spectrefate wrote:

What about Body Count?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

What about Body Count?

Yep, that's another. Bad Brains are good. Not really metal but completely black though.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am

I guess I would be indifferent.I dont listen to it but dont have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 am

Anyone heard the "black metal" skit at the end of Mushroomhead's XX album? Basically it is a phone call answering a want ad where a very obvious black guy calls about joining a black metal band and the fellow who answers is very obviously white and kind of confused. Then they argue about "black metal" for awhile.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 am

firestar wrote:
Anyone heard the "black metal" skit at the end of Mushroomhead's XX album? Basically it is a phone call answering a want ad where a very obvious black guy calls about joining a black metal band and the fellow who answers is very obviously white and kind of confused. Then they argue about "black metal" for awhile.

I've never heard Mushroomhead, but I think I know what you're talking about. Racer X wrote a song about it called "Evil Joe" on their Super Heroes cd, which incorporates clips of the phone call. Read about it and hear the original phone call here...

http://www.racerxband.com/cool.htm

It's hilarious. Caution...some "colorful" language for those easily offended.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 am

Not a big fan of it. Don't hate it, it just doesn't do much for me. I get an album by a band like Antestor and will listen to it a few times and then I just have no desire to pick it up again.

To me, black metal is bands like Venom and Celtic Frost, but what do I know? listening to music

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:14 am

firestar wrote:

Yes! It's awesome. (the phone call at the end of the Mushroomhead album)

Black Metal is not my thing at all. Black Metal 19976
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:19 am

Do you like Mushroomhead then?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:21 am

I did up till that last album. Its a stinker bigtime.
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 am

Hey Metalguy, yep that is what I am talking about. I never knew where it came from other than it was on the end of one of my Mushroomhead cds. I think the main reason it was included on there is because they mention Mushroomhead in it.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:38 am

I like some black metal. My favorites: Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, Darkthrone and Beherit.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:43 am

Not my thing!
I have tried to get into some of it, but no
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:46 am

firestar wrote:
Hey Metalguy, yep that is what I am talking about. I never knew where it came from other than it was on the end of one of my Mushroomhead cds. I think the main reason it was included on there is because they mention Mushroomhead in it.

If I'm not mistaken, the guy that made the call, The Original Prankster, is a friend of Paul Gilbert's. Paul thought it was funny, so the guys in Racer X wrote the song "Evil Joe" and put samples of the call into it. It's a pretty cool song too.

"Are you evil? Evil Jooooooooooooe"
Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:50 am

Hmmm maybe I'll have to find that song and give it a chance. All I know about Racer X is the drummer is from Blink182 and the only song I ever heard by Racer X on the modern rock/alternative channel was really really lame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:58 am

firestar wrote:
Hmmm maybe I'll have to find that song and give it a chance. All I know about Racer X is the drummer is from Blink182 and the only song I ever heard by Racer X on the modern rock/alternative channel was really really lame.

No, no, no,no no. You're thinking of Box Car Racer. Totally different band. Those guys are horrible

Racer X is a heavy metal band from LA, featuring virtuoso Paul Gilbert on guitar, Scott Travis (Judas Priest) on drums, Jeff Martin (Badlands) on vocals and uh, um, some other guy on bass. I can't remember his name at the moment. Total 80's metal. Gilbert is quite the shredder, but he doesn't show off to the point where the music suffers. I can't reccommend these guys enough.

Sorry to hijacking the black metal thread. I'll start a new Racer X topic.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:21 pm

I hate black metal. To each his own, but this stuff just sounds like pure noise to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal   Black Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Metal
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next