Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CDs you always break out around Christmas time...

Go down 
+12
Mglaffas81
DallasBlack
stepcousin
sovdat
mc666
thejokeriv
AchrisK
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Empty
PostSubject: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:59 pm

What CDs do you tend to break out around Christmas time? I don't just mean Christmas music, but any music you tend to grab yearly during the winter Holidays.

For me,
Deliverance
- What A Joke, mostly due to the fact that Silent Night is one that CD.
Twisted Sister - A Twisted Christmas (just a fun CD!)
TransSiberian Orchestra (I don't tend to listen to these guys at all besides around Christmas)
One Bad Pig - Swine Flew (again, like the Deliverance CD, there is a Christmas song on here that I always long to hear around this time of the year. However, unlike Twisted Sister and TransSiberian I do listen to this CD at other times of the year as well.)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:02 pm

I always want to start listening to Sinatra, Bennet and Dean. I just love that kind of Christmas music.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Quote :
TransSiberian Orchestra (I don't tend to listen to these guys at all besides around Christmas)

Exactly!

I've now added this year:

Blackmore's Night - Winter Carols

Winter Carols is an excellent take on some traditional Christmas tunes and a couple original tunes....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:12 pm

A Johnny Cash Christmas
The Pogues If I Should Fall from Grace
Punk Rock Christmas
The Vandals Oi to the World
Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:21 pm

I sang on a Christmas CD some years ago. I'll have to make an MP3 of the song if any of you want to hear it. It's not metal, it's more rock/traditional. I didn't sing lead vocals, but sang with a group of musicians from Albuquerque.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 pm

HIT ME! listening to music
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Twisted Sister's Xmas CDs for me too. Like Ult, I only really dig TSO's Christmas records. Their one non-holiday disc (BEETHOVEN'S LAST NIGHT) did nothin' for me.

My other two faves are the soundtrack to A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS by Vince Guaraldi and the 60s girl-group compilation A CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU FROM PHIL SPECTOR.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 pm

mome for me.

I won't play anything specific for christmas, I just pick random CDs as I do every other day of the week.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:53 pm

GRINCH!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Deliverance-What a Joke(for Silent Night)
Stryper-Reason for the Season w/Winter Wonderland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:53 pm

I abhor Christmas music. Actually the entire Christmas season, because of what it has become about here in America. The music just is another distraction to take away from the true meaning of the season.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Sorry to hear that man. I love the Season! Having kids makes it even better!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I abhor Christmas music. Actually the entire Christmas season, because of what it has become about here in America. The music just is another distraction to take away from the true meaning of the season.

You're a mean one, Mister Grinch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 5:41 pm

Yo Ho Ho (not kidding)
A Brutal Christmas (mostly for the Frost Like Ashes track)
Rock Power Praise - the Christmas one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

You're a mean one, Mister Grinch.

laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:10 pm

TSO - all three christmas CD's, added TS - A Twisted Christmas last year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:12 pm

For some reason around Christmas time, I like to hear Candlemass - Ancient Dreams. Not sure why. I guess it goes back to when I was a kid and I got that album around then. Lots of memories associated with Christmas on that one. Too bad I don't have it anymore. It was on cassette back in the day. Now I only have one Candlemass cd.

Sad

I do love Christmas time though (but I HATE the commercialization and selfishness of it).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:17 am

nothing in particular. we don't celebrate christmas, so i just play anything very loud to drown out the sound of those annoying carolers.

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
This is pretty much it. In general, I think Christmas CDs come off as really cheesy. Sarah Mclachlan—one of my favorite artists—has a Christmas CD, but I find it hard to listen to. Even the Twisted Sister disc just comes off as goofy to me now. Charlotte Martin (very much like Tori Amos) just recently put out a Christmas song, and this one is an original, and while it's clearly a song about this time of year, she managed to make it seem like something you could hear on a regular album. But that's hard to do, I think. The TSO Christmas discs, however, never manage to sound cheesy, unless it's July. I do listen to Beethoven's Last Night all the time, though.

And don't forget the Insane Clown Posse's Christmas EP, with outstanding cuts like "Santa Is A Fat Bxtch" and "Red Christmas" and "Santa Killaz." Laughing
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:54 am

Slayer ... and other usual stuff, as always.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:12 am

Charlie Brown Christmas cd
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:41 am

All three TSO albums (and once in July for Chrismas In July which is not native to Texas, it's just an excuse to hear the music because I love it so much), The December People, John Boy & Billy Chrsitmas Album II, Larry the Cable Guy christmas albums, .38 Special-Wild Eyed Christmas, and just recently (last year) Twisted Sister-Twisted Christmas. I try to find one album a year, but this year no rock/metal band has one out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:00 am

I am very traditional...and usually, if I do something by accident at a specific time of the year, it stays with me.

When I was younger, I had a playlist from my older brother, on the computer, me and my other brother shared. It was my birthday (23rd of December), and I accidentely hit "Hero of the Day"... and after, it jumped to Orion, and then the "Christmas with the Chipmunks" playlist. So now, when christmas time hits, I always play (in order) Hero of the Day, Orion, and the whole of that Chipmunk CD. Ahhh, traditions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:01 am

I have been getting out the comp A Brutal Christmas: The season in chaos. The kekal track on that cd is fantastic!! Outside of that its mostly seasonal cds from no name groups..

Alex

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:20 am

The Beatles and a unknown guy who's having the name of...John Lennon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CDs you always break out around Christmas time...   CDs you always break out around Christmas time... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next