Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica LIVE

Go down 
+12
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
kalrawk
mc666
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
krokus
TheGooch
Mglaffas81
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Man, I really dig Load and Reload. As they are, they're very solid albums.

I admit they have their moments. They really suffer from being released under the "Metallica" name. It already gives the listener an unrealistic expectation.

I agree. As they are, they're not entirely bad albums. They just aren't Metallica albums in the classic sense. It's probably been a few years since I've listend to either one, but all the releases up to ...Justice get fairly regular spins for me.

You know when I first heard Load I thought the same thing, not really GOD AWFUL music just not fit for the name Metallica. I kept waiting for something heavy and kept getting disapointed. It seemed like a slower song would break into something heavy like on the Black Album but failed to do so. On principle I could never really stomach it due to the band name. And because The Unforgiven is such a favortie of mine, Unforgiven II made me sick. To this day I can NOT understand how some people thought Load was a lateral move from The Black Album. Load, IMO, makes the Black Album seem like Master Of Puppets in comparisson.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:15 am

yeah how could people see load as a logical progression from the black album. apart from once you have ventured down the commercial road you have no choice but to continue down it hence load and reload
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Question. I remember there was some deep anymosity between Metallica and G&R on their tour in the early 90s. Does anyone know what really went on between the two? Egos maybe or an altercation between band members?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Question. I remember there was some deep anymosity between Metallica and G&R on their tour in the early 90s. Does anyone know what really went on between the two? Egos maybe or an altercation between band members?

In the VH1 "Behind the Music" episode on Metallica, Newsted sez something to the effect of how observing GNR's behavior while they toured with them was a good lesson in "what NOT to do" when you're in a band. Axl was notorious for showing up to gigs late, not having his sh*t together, and of course, then came the infamous riot in Montreal ... Metallica's set had to be cut short when James was injured by the pyrotechnics, then Axl walked off stage after half a GNR song and said "sorry, hope you get your money back," so the fans went ballistic and trashed the place. Jason sez while all that was going on, Axl was sitting in his dressing room sipping champagne, not caring one iota about the chaos he'd caused.

I think witnessing that kinda behavior would kinda sour you on a person.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:52 pm

i saw gnr live last year and they were shambolically bad. axl did indeed leave the stage a few times and threatened to leave the venue cos someone threw a beer at him.

there was riots after the set becuase of how bad it was. i left after five songs.

howver it was apparently the first time they ever came on early
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:54 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i saw gnr live last year

You mean you saw the "Axl Rose and Friends Band," don'cha? Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:03 pm

yes i mean i saw axl rose doing karoake of a classic late eighties and early ninteies rock band
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
i saw gnr live last year

You mean you saw the "Axl Rose and Friends Band," don'cha? Smile

TheGooch wrote:
yes i mean i saw axl rose doing karoake of a classic late eighties and early ninteies rock band

Yeah, without Slash and Duff (and to a lesser extent the other members of the origional) there is no Guns & Roses (hard to believe there was still Guns & Roses without Guns Laughing ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:46 pm

I've lost all hope in Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:42 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Same here.

Where there's life,there's hope. Wait for the new release and then see what happens. Maybe they'll surprise you.......or maybe not Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:31 pm

Pardon me for asking, but how do you start new threads??
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 am

Pardon me for asking, but how do you start new threads??

Click on the "New Topic" icon.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 am

007 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Same here.

Where there's life,there's hope. Wait for the new release and then see what happens. Maybe they'll surprise you.......or maybe not Smile

I stand a better chance at an Elisha Cuthbert and Kate Beckinsale three-way than that happening, though.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 1:02 am

007 wrote:
Maybe they'll surprise you.......or maybe not Smile

I'm betting the only way Metallica can surprise any of us is by not sucking quite as bad as we thought they would.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:08 am

Well I'm sorry but some bands are better on their albums than in concert. NAMELY GNR. lol!

Metallica...I don't know. I don't think their new cd will sound at all like St. Anger...at least I hope it's a step in a new direction for the band...I just hope it's a METAL direction. Razz Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:57 am

TheGooch wrote:
i saw gnr live last year and they were shambolically bad. axl did indeed leave the stage a few times and threatened to leave the venue cos someone threw a beer at him.

there was riots after the set becuase of how bad it was. i left after five songs.

I HATE Axle Rose. Who the hell does he think he is? He is such a lazy little smurf poo! He can't sing live...sometimes, yes, he sounds decent, but he doesn't even TRY. He doesn't give all he has...he has no passion...and as soon as something goes wrong, or the little smurf poo is just too lazy, he just walks off stage....ARRR!!! I hate him more than Phil Anselmo! ...and that should say a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:00 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I HATE Axle Rose. Who the hell does he think he is? He is such a lazy little bastard. He can't sing live...sometimes, yes, he sounds decent, but he doesn't even TRY. He doesn't give all he has...he has no passion...and as soon as something goes wrong, or that bastard is just too lazy, he just walks off stage. He is such an ignorant, immature bastard! ....ARRR!!! I hate him more than Phil Anselmo! ...and that should say a lot.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 pm

when i saw them he went offstage becuase someone threw a bottle.

he also said he was not having a fun time and might leave altogether
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The last time I saw Metallica live was when they played a free show in Philadelphia. I was working at the arena where they played in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure it was around the time of Load. I do remember that it was after they had all cut their hair and I'm looking down to the stage saying "Who are those guys?"

That's funny, because I have this show on tape. That was a pretty good show, and fairly cold outside. It was in November of 1997 if memory serves me correct.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:24 pm

I haven't seen Metallica play live in over 10 years. I was lucky enough to see them in support of their very short 5 city tour for that of the last Garage Days album. I saw them at the famous Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. I had faxed my order for tickets through that of the fan club. I was immediately given the chance for an early ticket. I ended up standing along the railing of the balcony of the left hand corner of the stage. Kirk just had an appendectomy, so he was reduced to parking his ass on a stool for the night, but the songs were tight, and it was great hearing stuff that you would normally never hear.

The other cool thing was, I had Chris Chelios (of the Blackhawks back then) standing right behind me. I think he was with another Blackhawk with him, but I have no idea who.

I never did see them on the St. Anger tour. When they were in Indy, I was out of town in Las Vegas for my brother's bachelor party. I didn't see them on this current tour, and that is because I really have nobody to go see a show with where I live. I'm not amongst a heavy metal brethren these days, unless it is getting on here.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:23 pm

I saw Metallica live in '93 touring for Metallica(Black Album). It was a great show. I'd love to see them again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2