Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica Live in Seoul

Go down 
+5
fingers
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Metallica Live in Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Does anyone own this DVD?

Any idea if it is an official release?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 pm

If this is the one you're talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Metallica-Live-Seoul-Korea-2006/dp/B00CHIFFYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398102168&sr=8-1&keywords=Metallica+live+in+seoul

...looks like a bootleg to me.

The Amazon seller "ships from Thailand!" ... sooo yeah, sounds real legit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Yap this one but the cover is different.

is it a collector's item? Any good?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Yap this one but the cover is different.

is it a collector's item? Any good?

No clue. I don't own it.

Yeah, if you Google Image Search for "Metallica Live in Seoul DVD" you get about 50 zillion different cover designs.

lol! 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Quote :
The Amazon seller "ships from Thailand!" ... sooo yeah, sounds real legit

I'd be wary of ANYTHING that comes from Thailand.  crazy happy 

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Its a bootleg, but a pro-shot bootleg
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Does anyone own this DVD?

Any idea if it is an official release?

just type in 'Metallica full concert" in the youtube search tab and then go from there. You can also find a youtube to video file converter so you dont have to rely on video streaming
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Or you could just watch this from when they were really good instead

Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

that concert doesnt have the best quality from the classic Metallica era check out this concert even though there are few songs missing
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

here some other kick ass full metallica concerts

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

manny wrote:

Probably shot for television in Korea....there are loads of shows like this on YouTube...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

Probably shot for television in Korea....there are loads of shows like this on YouTube...

I read that in allot of Communist and "Police State" type countries, the band has no say when the government tapes their concerts. They claim it is for security purposes, but they'll have all sorts of pro equipment, multiple cameras, etc. The band doesn't like it? Too bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

I read that in allot of Communist and "Police State" type countries, the band has no say when the government tapes their concerts. They claim it is for security purposes, but they'll have all sorts of pro equipment, multiple cameras, etc. The band doesn't like it? Too bad.

But Seoul is in South Korea... Far from Communist or police state... They have free elections and actually have a conservative government much like your own....

It may be like that in some countries but i wonder why... And if those governments really would want to spread messages from bands from the western civilization...?
 don\'t know 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 am

I'll post the article if I can find it again. It was around the time of the Olympics and the story primarily focused on the rules of tv production in foreign countries. The part of the filming of concerts was just a small part of it.

It basically said when a government official shows up with armed soldiers telling the band's management that the concert will be filmed, they have no choice. Is it like that in South Korea? I have no idea. Just sayin' it happens. Bootlegging concerts is big money in those countries.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:47 am

Hey, MG ! Totally off topic, but it looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 am

007 wrote:
Hey, MG ! Totally off topic, but it looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue !

Yea, I've been stressed out at work lately. Needed something to take the edge off, knowwhatImean?  drunken 

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Would this dvd be considered as a collector's item?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Gilbert wrote:

You keep asking that question. Can you not ascertain that yourself?

1. It comes from Korea
2. It's obviously a bootleg
3. It's been WIDELY bootlegged w/ multiple covers
4. It's easily attainable

Figure it out...  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

You keep asking that question. Can you not ascertain that yourself?

1. It comes from Korea
2. It's obviously a bootleg
3. It's been WIDELY bootlegged w/ multiple covers
4. It's easily attainable

Figure it out...  Very Happy

I already know. Trust me. But the thing is this dvd sells for a high price among collectors in this region. So I am a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Quote :
But the thing is this dvd sells for a high price among collectors in this region.

Those collectors are idiots. If they want to pay high prices for an item that can be easily obtained from any number of sources, then let'em. Save your money, sit back and laugh at 'em.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Man these fans are no idiots. They just suffer from the fact that they have almost no access to metal due to legal restrictions. So they are willing to pay a lot, for anything that says, reads or sounds metal.

anyways will not buy this so thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Live in Seoul   Metallica Live in Seoul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica Live in Seoul
Page 1 of 1