Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Priest Live '86

Go down 
+13
TheGooch
journeyman
KissinMaiden
the sentinel
ultmetal
krokus
EvyMetal
caniplaywithmadness?
candlemass
mc666
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:45 am

I really dig this live record it's got that great 80's atmosphere and good selection of their late 70's and 80's material.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 am

I saw Priest on the TURBO tour (it was my first concert!) so this live album brings back memories for me.

I never liked the cover art much though. First time I saw the album in a store I thought it was a bootleg of some sort. It's so cheap looking!

Priest Live '86 JudasPriestPriestLive

Yuck!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:55 am

most of thier covers sucked though. with a few exceptions.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:01 am

I've always thought Painkiller was their best album art ever.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:21 am

mc666 wrote:

Really, Sad Wings.., Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Hell Bent...British Steel?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:36 am

A family favorite here, everyone in the household enjoys it. I have several vinyl copies of it and my gf has the CD.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:08 pm

candlemass wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Really, Sad Wings.., Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Hell Bent...British Steel?
aside from Sad Wings.. the rest of those covers were really lame. stayed lame until Painkiller. thankfully their music more than made up for it. Smile

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:13 pm

screaming for vengeance has an awesome cover

back on subject, live 86 is a great album. not as good as unleashed obviously but still awesome
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 4:17 pm

Not a great live album,but still okay nonetheless. And never,ever judge a book by it's cover
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 1:33 am

mc666 wrote:

i agree, stained class is probably one of the lamest, that or point of entry
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:53 am

Yes, great live album. Also the vhs tape of PRIEST LIVE is great. It came out sometime ago with all their video clips on dvd. Realy great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:30 am

I like this live album, but I prefer "Unleashed in the East" or "'98 Live Meltdown".

I thought Priest had some cool covers. "British Steel" is a classic.
"Screaming for Vengeance" is awesome. "Jugulator" is cool, but they
should have used the full image that is on the inside rather than the
close-up that ended up on the cover.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:16 pm

"Saturday night and the Priest is back." -Halford 🤘
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:33 pm

I've always liked the Ram It Down & Sad Wings Album cover.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:53 pm

This is a good album, but it always kinda sounded like there were quite a few touchups.

I agree this is not their best cover. I like Hero, Hero, Painkiller, Ram it Down, and Screaming for Vengence.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:33 am

The only covers i like by them are British Steel, Ram it Down and Painkiller.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:43 am

the cover looks really lame which puts me off
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:50 am

TheGooch wrote:
the cover looks really lame which puts me off

I wouldn't go on that or else you wouldn't be listening to most of their other records as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 am

na i actually dig the artwork for british steel. less so for painkiller. turbo, ram it down and point of enty have weak work but screaming and defenders are cool
Back to top Go down

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:39 pm

best Priest cover = Unleashed in the East
Back to top Go down

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:35 pm

I think this album has the only lame Priest cover.

As for the music, I think this is an awesome live album. It surprisingly does have an awesome live atmosphere. The Turbo material sounds way better live; it's actually tolerable, if not cool. Of course, the classic material sounds great. The remastered version with the three bonus tracks is a must-have.

One thing I don't like about this album is that it reminds me of the video footage from this tour that I've seen. I enjoy the music just as much, but it still reminds me of the band's then-hilarious image and Halford's change in performance style (what with trying to act out the songs and all that).

I think "The Sentinel" is the best tune on this album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:55 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:

As for the music, I think this is an awesome live album. It surprisingly does have an awesome live atmosphere. The Turbo material sounds way better live; it's actually tolerable, if not cool. Of course, the classic material sounds great. The remastered version with the three bonus tracks is a must-have.

One thing I don't like about this album is that it reminds me of the video footage from this tour that I've seen. I enjoy the music just as much, but it still reminds me of the band's then-hilarious image and Halford's change in performance style (what with trying to act out the songs and all that).

I agree, I love "The Sentinel", and funny enough I think second to that might be "Out in the Cold"? I don't like the studio version of it as much, but I really like it live.

Yes, I agree the album cover was lame. I remember when I got the casette way back in the day. I think I might have said something like, what's this?
Back to top Go down

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:

I agree, I love "The Sentinel", and funny enough I think second to that might be "Out in the Cold"? I don't like the studio version of it as much, but I really like it live.

Yes, I agree the album cover was lame. I remember when I got the casette way back in the day. I think I might have said something like, what's this?

Yeah, Out In The Cold is very well done on this album. It's actually an awesome album opener. It has that certain mood to it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 am

troublezone wrote:
I've always thought Painkiller was their best album art ever.

I think Ram It Down is their best album cover. It used to be my avatar here.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:47 pm

I just end up replacing my original Judas Priest "Live" with the remastered version. It sounds freaking great. This was probably my most played live album growing up. I'm so glad that I finally got it. Now I just have to pick up "Unleashed In The East", and "Painkiller" to finish off the remastered series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Priest Live '86 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest Live '86   Priest Live '86 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priest Live '86
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next