Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Tide

Go down 
+17
Stender
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Todd Jaymz
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
brontotex
XYZ
nevermore
Troublezone
Lurideath
Wargod
EvyMetal
Thrasher73
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Black Tide - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:14 am

They're posers! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:37 am

I'm gonna sic the Heavy Metal Fashion Police on the lot of ya. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:40 am

Props to the guy wearing the Bad Brains shirt i say.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:49 am

Posers or not, this is another cd that I'm just digging over and over again. I wanted to write them off as a flash in the pan, and I suppose time will tell if there are or not, but the music is good. The vocalist, while young sounding, fits the music just fine as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
They were on the front of my moms guitar center catalog, they looked like posers but if you guys say their cool I will have to check em out.
It's not 1983 anymore, in case it isn't obvious. I can't stand the poser comments. Can any young band play metal and be somewhat popular without being labeled as "posers?"

Today's young metalheads shop at Hot Topic. That's just how it is.
Sorry that I have a problem when I see somone trying to be something that they are not, thats just me. I didnt say anything concerning new bands being automatically posers either.

I'm sure that if Reliant K decided to make their next album a thrash disc you would say the same thing.
My bad. I didn't realize that you knew the kids in the band.

Look dude, I'm in too good a mood to argue with you, I know what I like, and these boys are way too fashionable for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:34 am

Stender wrote:
Look dude, I'm in too good a mood to argue with you, I know what I like, and these boys are way too fashionable for me.
So you dislike metrosexuals, or whatever their fashion may be. Okay. How does that make them posers? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just trying to follow the logic here. You see a picture of these guys and you know they're posers. How is that?

You can't just make comments without consequence. Take ownership of your words and opinions. It's a discussion.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:55 am

I could care less about their fasion sense. Let them wear frilly dresses for all I care, the music is killer! 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:52 pm

I popped this in the old car CD player and was again amazed at the musicianship of these kids.

The only other debut I can compare this to is Def Leppard's On Through The Night. The ages at the time of the debut are similar and the style is similar. I think DL's songwriting on the debut was stronger than Black Tide's but still...I can only hope that the sophomore release from Black Tide is similar to High n Dry.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:31 pm

This review of these guys has me flabbergasted, I don't know what album he was listening to (this is from amazon):

Quote :
These dudes are hella weak.

People are comparing them to early Metallica and Megadeth...

But I would say they sound a lot closer to Ratt or Motley Crue.

If you like Ratt, buy it.

Otherwise save your money and buy the new album from the The SWORD.

That's what new metal should sound like.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:57 am

Whats wrong with Ratt or early Motley? scratch

They have some of that influence. The singer in particular has a Vince Neil vibe at times, but Black Tide has a much more muscular sound than that. A mix of early thrash like Metallica with straight up metal like Dokken would be a good descriptor to me. Regardless, I'm still listening to this album regularly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:06 pm

It's not bad but doesn't compare to the new crop of thrash like Evile and Bonded by Blood. I think they will improve though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Whats wrong with Ratt or early Motley? scratch

They have some of that influence. The singer in particular has a Vince Neil vibe at times, but Black Tide has a much more muscular sound than that. A mix of early thrash like Metallica with straight up metal like Dokken would be a good descriptor to me. Regardless, I'm still listening to this album regularly.

Nothing wrong with Ratt, old Motley, or Black Tide. That guy is obviously crippled by mental illness Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 pm

I have the cd "Light from Above". I like them. I really like the song "Warriors of Time".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Squidster wrote:
I have the cd "Light from Above". I like them. I really like the song "Warriors of Time".
That's one song the kid's voice annoys me on. He sounds like the kid from Hanson on that song. Plus I don't much like the chorus.

Either way, I like them. And there are definitely some songs here that are much like 80s rock/metal. I can see someone expecting old school thrash or metal to be disappointed. And sadly, too many people have labeled the band as old school thrash/heavy metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:52 am

Hints of thrash but not straight up.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:29 pm

The "poser" comment is interesting...

When the word was initially used, long before Stender was even born. It was in refrence to folks who stood out in front of clubs dressed like they were in bands and actually were not even musicians. These kids can play and are in a working band, regardless of where they buy clothes or the choice of fashion. So how are they pretneding to be somethin they are not ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:50 pm

James B. wrote:
The "poser" comment is interesting...

When the word was initially used, long before Stender was even born. It was in refrence to folks who stood out in front of clubs dressed like they were in bands and actually were not even musicians. These kids can play and are in a working band, regardless of where they buy clothes or the choice of fashion. So how are they pretneding to be somethin they are not ?
It's become trendy to throw out the word poser. That, of course, is the definition of a poser.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Ken's a poser, but I still love him. greedy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:15 pm

My greatest poses:

Black Tide - Page 3 Topdog

Black Tide - Page 3 Fags

Black Tide - Page 3 RedneckRanger2

Black Tide - Page 3 Retard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:20 pm

To this day, I'm always surprised when you don't look like Herbert in real life. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Those are the poses that stole my heart. :flower:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Man, that rainbow picture is awesome. Three of us went to this Korean amusement park and were acting retarded (hence the wacky goggles). Our friend Cortney was going to take a picture of me and my roommate, so I quickly threw my legs over his and got homo-cozy.

Just being silly. But then we got the pics developed and see this giant rainbow behind us. Haha. It was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 pm

lol!
The Redneck pic gets me everytime!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:56 am

Think I am finally going to add this to NoLifeTilMetal.com. Decided to not trade off the CD and will keep it. It's not a favorite, at least not yet. I still think the Metallica cover is beyond weak. The rest of the CD isn't bad though. Lots of old metal influences, yet they still sound modern. I also still hear Avenged Sevenfold in their sound, but I am not saying that is necessarily a bad thing either.

ult

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 am

they are very good when the opened up for Kiss at donington park and played covers of prowler and hit the lights which were very good covers i must say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Tide
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next