Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Tide

Go down 
+11
Gilbert
martinsane
exact33
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
manny
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Well, the kiddies should love this.

Horrible idea sticking coasters in your earlobes. No idea why anyone does that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:57 pm

I had to suffer though Black Tide twice this year (opening for Maiden in FL) - I wanted to rip that smurf poo out of his ears!!!!!

They where so bad, they threw pics out into the audience and everyone up front threw them back!!!!!!

Then they started throwing CD's out and they where thrown back!!! You had to dodge them for get a corner of the CD case in your eye!!!!! Maiden's road crew had to yank them offstage after their set in Ft Lauderdale because they kept trying to give smurf poo away!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I had to suffer though Black Tide twice this year (opening for Maiden in FL) - I wanted to rip that smurf poo out of his ears!!!!!

They where so bad, they threw pics out into the audience and everyone up front threw them back!!!!!!

Then they started throwing CD's out and they where thrown back!!! You had to dodge them for get a corner of the CD case in your eye!!!!! Maiden's road crew had to yank them offstage after their set in Ft Lauderdale because they kept trying to give smurf poo away!!!!!
Sounds like typical dickhead fans to me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Sad really,they had such potential at one time.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Horrible idea sticking coasters in your earlobes. No idea why anyone does that.

+1

I don't get this trend either. Looks sort of retarded to me.

Didn't really care for the song in the video. Not my thing musically or vocally.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Painful to watch. The music isn't total garbage (had melody and catchiness) but considering what they were before it is indeed sad. Very little, if any true heavy metal in that music and the guitar solo could have been so much more (it would help a lot if the kid would do some shredding like he did in the debut). They sound like so many other of these bands out there when they could have led the pack by progressing with their old sound. I'm done with Black Tide. I shall however, enjoy their debut and give them another try if they decide to grow up some in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Hard to believe this is the same band:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm

The first album was likely teens doing what they love, while the upcoming album is teens doing what the label loves.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The first album was likely teens doing what they love, while the upcoming album is teens doing what the label loves.

True. Really though, like the music or not, there is little similarities in the look or the sound of the new stuff vs. the old. It's almost night and day.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:02 pm

I saw them live opening for Iron Maiden in Fl, I enjoyed their first album but the songs I heard from album #2 in the live set sounded like a completely different band. I did not dislike them live like Jokerman did, I thought they did a decent job but Iron Maiden certainly not their demi, and also Maiden fans do not care who is opening, they want only Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

True. Really though, like the music or not, there is little similarities in the look or the sound of the new stuff vs. the old. It's almost night and day.
Definitely night and day.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Wow. I love me some Light From Above, but to be honest I don't really dig this song. I can see what you guys mean by night and day. I saw them live at the first Mayhem Fest and they weren't bad at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah, I too have Light From Above and enjoy it quite a bit but I had advanced warning that they (or the label) decided to send the music careening in another direction.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Bingo.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, I too have Light From Above and enjoy it quite a bit but I had advanced warning that they (or the label) decided to send the music careening in another direction.

For sure you're not wild about the screams either, even if the music was closer to the first album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:

it is sad but you are right. oh well.. another one bites the dust...

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:59 pm

The tunes not that bad, but agreed it is a light year leap away from the traditional metal they were playing on the debut. Can not deny that for a grip of kids they can play.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 am

I have their debut. Heard it only once and put it away.

Never really digged them.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:01 pm

martinsane wrote:
The tunes not that bad, but agreed it is a light year leap away from the traditional metal they were playing on the debut. Can not deny that for a grip of kids they can play.

Agreed. That new tunes not completely horrible, but I don't see me getting this new album. Too bad. They had potential, but I guess I'm not the demographic they're looking for anyway.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
martinsane wrote:

Agreed. That new tunes not completely horrible, but I don't see me getting this new album. Too bad. They had potential, but I guess I'm not the demographic they're looking for anyway.

I agree completly as I said, it had melody and catchiness, but the guitar solo was pathetic and it was a definite let down.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sounds like typical dickhead fans to me.

More like Black Tide where the dickheads!!!! They came out in FT Lauderdale acting like it was a headlining show for them. During the set, the singer even tried to get the Maiden Fan Club who had one first to the barrier to move from their spot and start a wall of death (a la Slayer!). There was no way ANYONE on the barrier was leaving their spot (me included!). The band got some "sign language".

Now, I have seen the Fan Club treat opening acts with respect (Dream Theater, Airbourne, even Lauren HArris got a better reaction than these bozos!!!)- but when the band shows no respect what so ever to the fans of the main act, to hell with em I say!

The band did tone it down for the next show - obviously Maiden Management said something to them to chill the smurf out!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Quote :
even Lauren HArris got a better reaction than these bozos

Well, of course she did. Lauren Harris gots boobies.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

And she is hot! BTW - she is SHORT, I talked to her at one of the gigs in the UK
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

And she is hot! BTW - she is SHORT, I talked to her at one of the gigs in the UK
I snagged her album for $2.99 a few weeks ago. Not very good, eh? And man, she really doesn't have a good voice either.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I snagged her album for $2.99 a few weeks ago. Not very good, eh? And man, she really doesn't have a good voice either.

She's more eye candy than anything else!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Tide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide    Black Tide  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Tide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next