Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Tide

Go down 
+17
Stender
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Todd Jaymz
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
brontotex
XYZ
nevermore
Troublezone
Lurideath
Wargod
EvyMetal
Thrasher73
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Black Tide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 pm

The guys voice seem to be the only issue with this band, like to hear the band in a year from now. Speaking of young singers, how about Hetfields voice on the No Life Till Leather demos haha-TJ
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 am

I saw the CD while I was on break at Wal-Mart and decided to take a chance. While the description was a little off (it claimed Megadeth riffs, Metallica brutality, and G&R melody) I am still VERY impressed with these guys. The guitar work knocked me out of my seat and I actually like the vocals because it is very unique and fits the music well IMO. I can definatly see this being in my top 20 for this year. This will be on my playlist for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:33 am

My copy came yesterday. I'm diggin' it. I think the singer sounds a lot like very early Geddy Lee.

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Who he sounds like now means nothing. I think he'll be a very different kind of singer in a few years, once his balls drop. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:00 pm

You probably said the same thing about Jon Anderson.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm on the fence about picking this one up. While I kinda dig some of the samples I've heard, I'm getting a little turned off about some of the hype/attention they seem to be gathering. I fell for it once already with Airbourne, so I'm hesitant to drop some coin on this one.

EDIT: I found a copy in the used bins at FYE yesterday. I like it. The singer's voice, while young sounding, doesn't bother me with the exception of the "Hit the Lights" cover. Otherwise, not a bad debut from a buncha youngsters.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm on the fence about picking this one up. While I kinda dig some of the samples I've heard, I'm getting a little turned off about some of the hype/attention they seem to be gathering. I fell for it once already with Airbourne, so I'm hesitant to drop some coin on this one.

EDIT: I found a copy in the used bins at FYE yesterday. I like it. The singer's voice, while young sounding, doesn't bother me with the exception of the "Hit the Lights" cover. Otherwise, not a bad debut from a buncha youngsters.

bump for my so-important opinion that you are all on the edge of your seats waiting for.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Thanks for that.I dont believe I could have made it through another day without your opinion. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:47 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Thanks for that.I dont believe I could have made it through another day without your opinion. Rolling Eyes

Glad I could help. Stay tuned for more of my endless ramblings. It's a slow day at work.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:48 pm

very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:50 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Listened to this today. Not bad. Some of the guitarwork reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold. Actually, some of the vocals reminded me of A.S. too. The Metallica cover, however, was weak.

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Listened to this today. Not bad. Some of the guitarwork reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold. Actually, some of the vocals reminded me of A.S. too. The Metallica cover, however, was weak.
The sad difference being that the vocalist here is a little boy. Haha. And yeah, the Metallica cover was weak. The kid doesn't have the grit to pull that off just yet.

Like I mentioned before, if this band stays together and isn't swayed by label execs to go soft or poppy, they just might very well turn into a great metal band. They're so impressionable at that age, though, so it's going to be tough.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 pm

The interesting thing about these kids is that when they formed, the vocalist was only 10 years old and they've been playing in clubs for years now (begs the question: How the hell did they get in?).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

I like this disc and will definitely keep this band on my radar. I see mucho potential!

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The interesting thing about these kids is that when they formed, the vocalist was only 10 years old and they've been playing in clubs for years now (begs the question: How the hell did they get in?).
Well, not all clubs are 18+. And even some 18+ clubs will allow underage bands play if their parents attend the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:02 am

They're better than I thought they'd be. I'll look out for their album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:32 am

The Silverchair of metal. I usually don't care for novelty type things like this but i think the music is ok. The voice is too girly/littleboy for me to take seriously.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Well, not all clubs are 18+. And even some 18+ clubs will allow underage bands play if their parents attend the show.

Under aged performers can perform in bars. They have to have someone else set up the stage for them. They can go in just before they perform and have to leave directly after. At least that's what we've been told.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:02 am

A buddy of mine called me up this afternoon and told me I had to go by to hear this band after work. I was really impressed! I hear a lot of classic influences (Dokken, Iron Maiden, etc) The singer sounds a bit like Vince Neil at times. Overall, I'm really impressed by this band so far. I was surprised to read the lukewarm reaction here.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:05 am

They were on the front of my moms guitar center catalog, they looked like posers but if you guys say their cool I will have to check em out.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:07 am

Listen to Shockwave and tell me you don't hear a huge George Lynch influence.

http://www.myspace.com/blacktide
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:25 am

Stender wrote:
They were on the front of my moms guitar center catalog, they looked like posers but if you guys say their cool I will have to check em out.
It's not 1983 anymore, in case it isn't obvious. I can't stand the poser comments. Can any young band play metal and be somewhat popular without being labeled as "posers?"

Today's young metalheads shop at Hot Topic. That's just how it is.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
It's not 1983 anymore, in case it isn't obvious. I can't stand the poser comments. Can any young band play metal and be somewhat popular without being labeled as "posers?"

Sorry that I have a problem when I see somone trying to be something that they are not, thats just me. I didnt say anything concerning new bands being automatically posers either.

I'm sure that if Reliant K decided to make their next album a thrash disc you would say the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:37 am

Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:

Sorry that I have a problem when I see somone trying to be something that they are not, thats just me. I didnt say anything concerning new bands being automatically posers either.

I'm sure that if Reliant K decided to make their next album a thrash disc you would say the same thing.
My bad. I didn't realize that you knew the kids in the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Tide   Black Tide - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Tide
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next