Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:
I am curious what the tour will be like after this comes out or if there will even be one.

I will end up buying one of these but am not sure if I will like it too much. After Appetite their CDs were kind of hit and miss with me. I always thought Use Your Illusion could have and should have been one really good album instead of 2 so - so albums. Still I have always bought their stuff in hopes of another Appetite for Destruction.

It sure has been a long time in the works, I guess we will see in Nov. what happens if anything.

Are there actual members of the band at this point other than Axl? Is that Bumblebee guy an actual member? I'm sure he could gather together some scrubs to tour, but I don't even know if a "band" exists anymore. The list of credits, if Axl gives anyone else credit, on this new album will be 20 pages long.

This is suposedly the credit list for the song Chinese Democracy. Not the album...one freakin' song.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY
(Rose, Freese)

Guitars: Paul Tobias, Robin Finck,
Buckethead, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal,
Richard Fortus
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Drums: Frank Ferrer
Keyboards: Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Axl Rose
Background Vocals: Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson
Sub bass: Chris Pitman
Guitar Solos: Robin Finck, Buckethead
Intro: Eric Caudieux, Caram Costanzo
Vocals: Axl Rose
Arrangement: Rose, Tobias, Beavan
Digital Editing: Eric Caudieux,
Caram Costanzo, Axl Rose, Sean Beavan
Additional guitar processing: Chris Pitman

One song !?!?!?!? What in the hell do the rest of the credits look like?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:04 pm

lol! 🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
according to Sebastian Bach Chinese Democracy is supposed to be the first of a trilogy of concept albums

Are you sh*tting me? A trilogy? Laughing very hard So the next 2 will be out in 2023 and 2038?

Laughing Supposedly (again coming from Baz), the next album is gonna be released 2-3 years after this one. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 am

Baz should really stop talking about Axl Rose.

Anyway, when I caught GN'R, their touring line up was Axl, Bumblefoot (who, for the record, is arguably one of the greatest guitarists in existence and deserves far more recognition for his brilliant solo albums), Robin Finck (who I think now may have left the GN'R fold), Richard Fortus (...who is bad), Tommy Stinson and I'm not sure who was on drums. I think Dizzy was on keys too. I imagine the line up for any current tour would be pretty similar. Oh, also Izzy showed up for about four songs, which was quite cool.

As a slight aside, one hilarious memory from that night was when Baz came on stage to do 'My Michelle'. Completely showed Axl up. I would've much preferred to see Bach do the rest of the set.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 am

Smindas wrote:

As a slight aside, one hilarious memory from that night was when Baz came on stage to do 'My Michelle'. Completely showed Axl up. I would've much preferred to see Bach do the rest of the set.

I can't wait for him to release another album. Hopefully in '09. Angel Down was great and he can still sing his butt off.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 am

Here is news on Slash, the guy that was responsible for that signature G n R sound, here is an update on his solo album:

A solo album or the third Velvet Revolver album -- or possibly both -- are on Slash's docket for 2009, reports Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.

The guitarist told Billboard that he's "at the very tail end of the demo phase" for the solo project, which he hopes to start recording early next year.

He began creating material during Velvet Revolver's last tour and said that while it will have references to his work with that band and Guns N' Roses, "there's really no particular direction. I just wanted to take a little bit of a break from all the politics and the democracy that is a band and just sort of do my own thing for a little bit. There will be a lot of stuff I don't have the freedom to do in a band situation."

Slash plans to use different singers for each of the album's songs but isn't divulging who's on the list yet. "They're all sort of well-known singers," he said. "It's sort of like how I go play on a lot of other people's records, so other people will just play on this one."

Slash cautioned that the solo album could be interrupted if Velvet Revolver finds a replacement for vocalist Scott Weiland in the near future. The group has turned down offers to conduct the search via a reality TV show -- "There's such a huge lack of integrity in that process" -- but is considering a variety of possibilities, including some established singers whose interest has surprised the band.

"There's been a couple that might have been interesting," Slash said, "but with any of those 'name' people ... it's really hard to make something sound original if you've got somebody people are so familiar with hearing somewhere else."

source: Reuters/Billboard
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That song took 15 years??

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:12 am

I wouldnt be surprised if on Slash's solo album that youll see Duff, Lenny Kravitz among others

Im kind of eerie on a 3rd Velvet Revolver CD all depends on who they replace Weiland with (im a big Weiland fan)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:27 am

Always thought Weiland was VR's weak link, so to me, almost any singer will be an improvement.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Addy wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if on Slash's solo album that youll see Duff, Lenny Kravitz among others

Im kind of eerie on a 3rd Velvet Revolver CD all depends on who they replace Weiland with (im a big Weiland fan)

I believe Sebastian Bach will be appearing on Slash's solo album as well. Once again, he was asked in an interview if he (Bas) would be taking the lead singer spot in VR and he declined, but sort of implied that he did some vocals for Slash's project.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Yeah he declined because he's also tight with Axl and for Bach would be ackward, I also read that he'll be working with Slash so that to me seems like the logical thing.

While It sucks Weiland isnt in VR anymore (and Camp Freddy), it gives him a chance to focus on his solo album and the next STP album
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 3:05 pm

It is in doubt if they will ba another Stone Temple Pilots album, Atlantic Records and Stone Temple Pilots are in the midst of a lawsuit tying up any potential new material from Stone Temple Pilots.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:19 pm

I read about that too. Actually I thought it was just Weiland and one other STP who were in the contract and going back and reading it mentions just Weiland being locked in by Atlantic, as the Deleo brothers had been released. Though they do not have a shortage of new material

Quote :
Weiland then said during an interview on October 30 with WBCN that STP has written a "boat load of new songs" during the reunion tour indicating that a new album could be on the horizon in 2009 following his solo tour
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Addy wrote:
But supposidly theyve completed a total of 35-40 songs supposidly

accordsing to The Times, axl rose has completed 70+ songs taken from the one thousand or so cds of music that Rose recorded in his "factory"
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am

Really? that many? Daaaannnnng
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Addy wrote:

Well, he's had 14 years of free time. He's had to have recorded quite a few songs in that time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:54 pm

xyz wrote:
Addy wrote:

Well, he's had 14 years of free time. He's had to have recorded quite a few songs in that time.

The question is "Are any of those 70 songs any good?" Heck, in 14 years, I could write 1000 songs. They'd all be sign , of course, but I could do it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Don't forget that Axl and his scab band also re-recorded " Appetite for Destruction" during this 14 year period.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm

manny wrote:
Don't forget that Axl and his scab band also re-recorded " Appetite for Destruction" during this 14 year period.

Rolling Eyes poor axl, always trying to live in the past
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Did they actually do that? I remember hearing that at some point, but was sure it was some kind of urban myth. Axl's vocals definitely wouldn't be up to scratch, but I'd be interested to hear how the various guitarists handled the instrumental.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 pm

xyz wrote:
Addy wrote:

Or done an assload of drugs in the interim
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Smindas wrote:
Did they actually do that? I remember hearing that at some point, but was sure it was some kind of urban myth. Axl's vocals definitely wouldn't be up to scratch, but I'd be interested to hear how the various guitarists handled the instrumental.

That is true, but it is just one of the many surprising and bizzare stories surrounding Axl, here is the link to the original story in Guitar World, it is somewhat lengthy so grab and brew and read on:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/guns_n039_roses_chinese_whispers
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:38 pm

DeathCult wrote:
xyz wrote:
Addy wrote:

Or done an assload of drugs in the interim

I vote for assload of drug usage!!! Very Happy

For Axl, not me.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 am

LOL

that would make him a bigger hypocrite if he did an assload of drugs but yeah 14 years of studio time he better have a crapload of songs
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 am

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5001753.ece

here is the article in full

and here is an extract

"Working from a massive soundstage in California, he instructed studio
engineers to keep recording any ideas the various musicians he’d invited
into the fold came up with. At one point he was being sent up to five CDs a
week with various different mixes of proposed songs. Eventually, a stack of
more than 1,000 CDs and DAT cassettes had built up, all painstakingly filed
and labelled. “It was like the Library of Congress in there,” says one
studio worker.

In a rare interview, Rose claimed that there were now roughly 70 new songs in
various stages of completion, and that they had already recorded “at least
two albums” of material, some of which was “too advanced” for their fans to
enjoy.

"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next