Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:49 am

Geffen's announced the release date if you go to the site you will see it, so I guess its now official we'll see right?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:06 am

I think Guns N Roses is streaming the title track on their official website www.gunsnroses.com
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 am

the sentinel wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
GNR is one my favorite groups and Axl one of my favorite frontmen, but I don't think I could ever talk myself into buying a ticket to one of their shows. Razz

Really? How come?

Maybe because Axl will throw a hiss fit and cancel the entire tour like he did a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:29 am

According to the Yahoo story they just finished a tour which makes me scratch my head
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 am

I was referring this from their last tour a few years ago:

The new lineup played a further two shows in Las Vegas at the end of 2001. In 2002, rhythm guitarist Paul Tobias left the band because of his frustrations with life on the road. He was replaced by Richard Fortus (formerly of The Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love). The band then played several shows in August 2002, headlining festivals and concerts throughout Asia and Europe. They made their way to New York for a surprise appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards in September.
In 2002, the band's first North American tour since 1993 was organized to support Chinese Democracy. However, the opening show in Vancouver was cancelled by the venue when Rose failed to turn up (having remained in Los Angeles), and a riot ensued. This tour was met with mixed results. Some concerts did not sell well, while shows in larger markets such as New York sold out in minutes. Due to a second riot by fans in Philadelphia, tour promoter Clear Channel cancelled the remainder of the tour.
The band went on hiatus until they were scheduled to play at Rock in Rio IV in May 2004. However, Buckethead left the band in March of that year, causing the band to cancel. Also in March 2004, Geffen released Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits, since Rose had failed to deliver a new studio album in more than ten years. Rose expressed his displeasure with this album as its track listing was established without his consent and went as far as trying to block its release by suing Geffen. This failed, however, and the album went triple platinum in the USA.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:41 am

That last bit bout the Greatest Hits I bet Axl feels like a dumbass trying to block it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:45 am

That song took 15 years??
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:51 am

manny wrote:
I was referring this from their last tour a few years ago:

The new lineup played a further two shows in Las Vegas at the end of 2001. In 2002, rhythm guitarist Paul Tobias left the band because of his frustrations with life on the road. He was replaced by Richard Fortus (formerly of The Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love). The band then played several shows in August 2002, headlining festivals and concerts throughout Asia and Europe. They made their way to New York for a surprise appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards in September.
In 2002, the band's first North American tour since 1993 was organized to support Chinese Democracy. However, the opening show in Vancouver was cancelled by the venue when Rose failed to turn up (having remained in Los Angeles), and a riot ensued. This tour was met with mixed results. Some concerts did not sell well, while shows in larger markets such as New York sold out in minutes. Due to a second riot by fans in Philadelphia, tour promoter Clear Channel cancelled the remainder of the tour.
The band went on hiatus until they were scheduled to play at Rock in Rio IV in May 2004. However, Buckethead left the band in March of that year, causing the band to cancel. Also in March 2004, Geffen released Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits, since Rose had failed to deliver a new studio album in more than ten years. Rose expressed his displeasure with this album as its track listing was established without his consent and went as far as trying to block its release by suing Geffen. This failed, however, and the album went triple platinum in the USA.

That's not thier most recent tour. They toured again in 2006, with much less cancelling involved I believe. That's when I caught them. At that point, Buckethead had been replaced with Bumblefoot.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:57 am

My mistake the I thought last tour was 2001-2002, where I lived they had show scheduled and than cancelled a week before show time and was never rescheduled.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:08 am

manny wrote:
My mistake the I thought last tour was 2001-2002, where I lived they had show scheduled and than cancelled a week before show time and was never rescheduled.

My friend saw the last show of that 01-02 tour at Madison Square Garden in NYC. There were several dates scheduled after that but they all got cancelled. At the time he was fairly sure that meant that he'd seen the last Guns N Roses show EVER. Laughing He said that Axl and The Ringers still put on a pretty good show, by the way.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 am

I am sure they put on a great show the line up features expectional musicians, but I would be afaird to buy a ticket, if he cancels the show, I would get my money back for the ticket but not the service charge fees from Ticketmaster thief.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 am

manny wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
GNR is one my favorite groups and Axl one of my favorite frontmen, but I don't think I could ever talk myself into buying a ticket to one of their shows. Razz

Really? How come?

Maybe because Axl will throw a hiss fit and cancel the entire tour like he did a few years ago.

I was at the Philly show a coupla years ago where Axl was a no-show and the crowd rioted. Good times, my friend, good times.

I've also seen the real GnR back in the day numerous times and they were always great.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:06 am

when i saw them the show was prety poor. axl did not sing to the crowd. looked bored. the guitars sounded bad. no one looked interested
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 pm

does anyone think the guitar soind on the song on the website sounds robotic
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Dr. Pepper's plans on your free Dr Pepper:

Finally, after over a decade of false starts, we will finally get what we’ve all been waiting for: a free bottle of Dr. Pepper. With yesterday’s official confirmation that Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy is really happening, the makers of Dr. Pepper announced their plan to make good on their promise to provide everyone with free soda. “We never thought this day would come,” said Dr. Pepper vice president of marketing Tony Jacobs, “but now that it’s here all we can say is: The Dr Pepper’s on us.” Starting November 23rd, the day Chinese Democracy hits Best Buy, you can head over to the Dr. Pepper website and register your information to receive a coupon which can be redeemed for a free 20-ounce pop. However, any dreams you fostered about drinking your free Dr. Pepper while headbanging to Democracy will have to wait four-to-six weeks, the estimated delivery time to get your coupon in the mail. Still, what’s four-to-six weeks when we’ve already waited fourteen years?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I am speechless by this comparison:

GN'R manager compares Axl to Michelangelo

This just in courtesy of MusicRadar.com (a sister site to the Clog):
Guns N' Roses' new album Chinese Democracy – well over a decade in the making – is now available to pre-order. And the band's co-manager, Andy Gould, has drawn an optimistic comparison between Axl Rose and Italian Renaissance artist, Michelangelo.
Whatever next? Amy Winehouse comparing her husband Blake Fielder-Civil to Nelson Mandela? Oh, hang on… apparently she has.
Anyhow, Guns N' Roses co-manager Andy Gould has spoken to US magazine Entertainment Weekly about the long delay in releasing Chinese Democracy and conceded that it is "the most expensive rock record ever made".
He also said this:
"Art and commerce have always made strange bedfellows. When they asked Michelangelo to paint the Sistine Chapel, they didn't say, 'Can you do it in the fourth quarter?' so they can make their numbers. Great art sometimes takes time."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm

TheGooch wrote:
does anyone think the guitar soind on the song on the website sounds robotic

Yup.

Quote :
As for the new GnR song, it's ok, but sounds too "electronic". But what can you expect from a song that been tinkered with in a studio on Protools for the last 13 years. I don't think there will be any natural/organic sounding instrumentation on this one.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:49 pm

when i listened to the track it sounds like two people are singing at the same time. if you listen carefully you can hear the axl of old in the background and then there is the more prominent vocal
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Yeah, I believe modern technology actually allows for multiple track recordings, but don't quote me on that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:53 pm

I can't remember if I had heard the song "Chinese Democracy" before yesterday or not? If I did, it didn't leave a lasting impression....Hearing it yesterday, the same holds true.

Guns & Roses had a chance to ride that wave of being one of those bands who not only escaped the 80's with its reputation intact, but had a chance to be a burgeoning band into the 90's and beyond. Axle, being the headcase that he is destroyed this band. There will always be internal conflicts within bands, and in many cases the he said/she said pendulum swings both ways. But then again, this is Axle Rose were talking about. There's a litany of things that could be said about the man and his boorish behavior, but why rehash what everybody already knows. Just remember the fact that he's responsible for either firing/driving away:

Steven Adler
Izzy Stradlin
Duff McKagan
Matt Sorum
Slash

Guns will never recapture their success of the late 80's and early 90's. Time has simply passed this band by or it at least has passed Axle Rose by. There's no doubt that this album will cause a stir, and there will be many who will go out and buy it. That being said, will anyone be shocked if the reviews are scathing? I won't, simply because this album has been hyped for over a decade now. I don't know what kind of state of mind the egomaniacal Axle Rose is in these days, but I don't see him regaining a foothole in the industry again. I think the only way that might ever happen, is if Axle actually goes totally against the grain, and brings back the original lineup or something close to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, I believe modern technology actually allows for multiple track recordings, but don't quote me on that.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Metal I would agree with your point, expect for alot of kids born years after Appettie was released, look at Guns n Roses as legends. They have very little awreness of their history or the place of G n R in rock history. Time may have worked for Axl instead of agaisnt it, since Appettie is considered a land mark metal album, he has gathered enough fans that do not remember the original line up, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That song took 15 years??

LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

My friend saw the last show of that 01-02 tour at Madison Square Garden in NYC. There were several dates scheduled after that but they all got cancelled. At the time he was fairly sure that meant that he'd seen the last Guns N Roses show EVER. Laughing He said that Axl and The Ringers still put on a pretty good show, by the way.

My friend saw the next to the last show in CT I couldnt get coverage or else I would have been there
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 pm

manny wrote:
Metal I would agree with your point, expect for alot of kids born years after Appettie was released, look at Guns n Roses as legends. They have very little awreness of their history or the place of G n R in rock history. Time may have worked for Axl instead of agaisnt it, since Appettie is considered a land mark metal album, he has gathered enough fans that do not remember the original line up, what do you think?

I agree in the short run this might be true (time being on Axle's side), but I'm guessing that this album will most likely flop, due to the heightened anticipation that has been placed upon it. Can an album such as "Chinese Democracy" live up to it's already legendary status? I would say that this is as good a time as ever, in terms of releasing an album as a veteran artist, I.E...AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc...

In terms of new young fans, I'm not sure where their heads are at these days. I think in America, it's a tough sell. Kids seem to be embedded into the Rap industry still, though games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero seem to be pulling kids back to rock. We'll see...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next