Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Empty
PostSubject: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Man, I just got this Cadaveria CD through lala. I read a review on them and just added their albums without hearing the music. I gotta admit, this is pretty killer stuff. It's far more doomy, with some black metal influence, than Fear Of God, but this singer sounds so much like Dawn, who, as some of you know, had one of the creepiest, most eerie and unique voices ever. This chick in Cadaveria doesn't do those ominous, echoing wails, but she most definitely shares strong similarities with Dawn.

And the music is great, too! Nice score for sure. Here's a video (similarities come in at about the 1:27 mark):

And for comparison:

http://www.myspace.com/fearofgodofficial

No pages include anything from Toxic Voodoo. That's a great album, too! 'Sup wit dat?

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:10 am

One bump fo' yo' mind.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:21 am

just did a search for Cadaveria as i'm just getting into them. i am loving what i hear thus far. i just grabbed The Shadows' Madame used & it's great. i read they have 2 more... i'll be buying.

she does bear a slight resemblance to Dawn in her delivery & vocal style, not in emotion though.

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:29 am

mc666 wrote:
just did a search for Cadaveria as i'm just getting into them. i am loving what i hear thus far. i just grabbed The Shadows' Madame used & it's great. i read they have 2 more... i'll be buying.

she does bear a slight resemblance to Dawn in her delivery & vocal style, not in emotion though.
Yay for the search function! crazy happy

Anyway, the CD you picked up is the one I have. I love it. Very solid album. And you're right, she's doesn't have that thing that made Dawn so special, but I hear a strong similarity coming through now and again.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:33 pm

mc666 wrote:

Exactly what I thought. They are on my radar but it will be a while til I can get to them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:29 pm

I disagree, no living creature can emulate the Dawn's tortured, twisted, mutilated wails.

I'm looking forward seeing how Ann Boleyn will fare on HOA singing for Detente. Somehow I have a feeling she will catch an egg or tomato, or two Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 am

stormspell wrote:
I disagree, no living creature can emulate the Dawn's tortured, twisted, mutilated wails.
i understand where you are coming from. i knew Dawn personally & was among her biggest fans. so i agree that no one can emulate her.

however, i don't feel Cadaveria is attempting to. she sounds quite natural in her delivery. i think she just has a range & vocal delivery that is similar to Dawn's, thus bringing her to mind. it's not exact by a long shot, but it does bear resemblance.

Dawn Crosby was & is an irreplaceable original.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:35 am

Ok, just to make it clear, I didnt mean Cadaveria tried to emulate Dawn, she just doesnt sound like Dawn to me at all...

I'm still prejudiced from hearing the blasphemous Iron Maiden cover Opera IX desecrated some years ago and my ears are still ringing ever since, hehe. So naturally Cadaveria isnt very high on my favourite female singers list, although, I have to admit she shows VAST improvement on the clip Eyesore posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:19 am

mc666 wrote:
Dawn Crosby was & is an irreplaceable original.
Quoted for truth! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:23 am

stormspell wrote:
Ok, just to make it clear, I didnt mean Cadaveria tried to emulate Dawn, she just doesnt sound like Dawn to me at all...
Even at the the 1:29 mark? I think that's when she takes on a Crosby tone and style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)   Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cadaveria (Dawn Crosby Reincarnated?)
Page 1 of 1