Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Empty
PostSubject: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:15 am

I'm not sure how many people will dig this band here, but I figured I'd post about them because I think they're really underrated, one of my favorite recent bands. Before The Dawn is lead by Tuomas Saukkonen, who writes 99% of the songs. He is largely supported by Lars Eikend (Winds, Age Of Silence, ex-Khold), who does the clean singing, plays guitar and bass.

I pulled their first two full-length albums, My Darkness and 4:17am, from the $2 bin like four years ago (they have two previous self-financed demos). They have four albums total, or five, depending on how you view the companion album. While recording The Ghost, the third album, Tuomas found himself with a lot of material, so he took the material more closely resembling the previous Before The Dawn albums for The Ghost; he then took the more mellow material and created a new project called Dawn Of Solace, which is essentially just a slower, more mellow version of Before The Dawn (hence the name). Tuomas released a companion album under this project called The Darkness, which is great. In 2007, Before The Dawn released a new album entitled Deadlight, which was preceded by a single for the song "Deadsong" (I reviewed the single HERE). Another single for the song "Faithless" has since been released.

If you're interested, check them out. 🤘

Taken from Deadlight:

DEADSONG (Video)
MORNING SUN (Clip)
WRATH (Clip)

Taken from The Ghost:

BLACK DAWN (Video)
DISAPPEAR (Clip)
NOWHERE (Clip)

Taken from Dawn Of Solace's The Darkness:

DEAD AIR (Video)
I WAS NEVER THERE (Clip)
WRATH OF GOD AMONGST US (Clip)

Taken from 4:17 am:

SEED
VENGEANCE
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:55 am

I sampled several songs, and most of them were based on a sort of Bo Diddely Rythym way powered up like old Paradise Lost. Bizzare...Hypnotic...I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 pm

Bo Diddley? surprised
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:23 pm

Yes. You probabley have to be nuts to hear it. That's just what I call that sort of repetitive, hypnotic rhythm. Listen to certain Bo Diddley songs and then listen to U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", and you might hear the connection. Maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:58 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Yes. You probabley have to be nuts to hear it. That's just what I call that sort of repetitive, hypnotic rhythm. Listen to certain Bo Diddley songs and then listen to U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", and you might hear the connection. Maybe it's just me.
I gotcha ya with the hypnotic rhythms. Not sure I can even recall anything by Bo Diddley off hand, so that explains the roadblock for me.

These guys are really good, though. Like many metal bands, they do well in Finland, but elsewhere you'll be lucky to find a store even list them in their database.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Bo Diddley songs with that sort of rhythm

Bo Diddley (his trademark, s/t song)
Pretty thing
Can't Judge A book.

It's a stretch I'll admit, but my brain doesn't work right so these things happen. LOL.

p.s.- Before the Dawn is a cool band...but you gotta stop spending so much of my money!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:08 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
p.s.- Before the Dawn is a cool band...but you gotta stop spending so much of my money!
lol!

Good luck finding them. I bought the last two, and the two singles, from http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/before_the_dawn (Finland).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KrptW8xbo

New video from their Soundscape of Silence album. Again, this album is killer. The video is kind of dumb, though. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: