Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking Dawn

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Eyesore
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Gilbert
Olafsto
7thSaviour
tohostudios
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm not sure how to describe this band. I definitely hear the "modern metal" vibe of a band like Disturbed but I also hear the harmonies of a classic metal band like Def Leppard.

Anybody else like this band? (warning: F-bombs below)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 am

I like them! I hope WW carries them!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 am

Never heard of them, but those clips made me want to hear more of them.
I would think a Glam/Sleaze fan like you had to be immune to "F-bombs" by now? Taking Dawn Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:30 am

Olafsto wrote:
Never heard of them, but those clips made me want to hear more of them.
I would think a Glam/Sleaze fan like you had to be immune to "F-bombs" by now? Taking Dawn Icon_smile

Oh, I am. I just wanted to warn anyone else who might be sensitive to it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:46 pm

I should check them out.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:50 pm

HORRIBLE!!! These guys are total "rock star egomaniacs"! This band SUCKS!!!!!! Yes I know the singer personally and he knows I think they suck so I am not talking smurf poo. Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Well since I don't know anything about them I'm judging them solely on the music and I like it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:24 pm

They used to be called 7th Son. They used to be better than they are, but oh well. Their loss they went absolute queer.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:59 pm

I just listened to the first song - pretty good!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Lurideath wrote:
They used to be called 7th Son. They used to be better than they are, but oh well. Their loss they went absolute queer.
Does "absolute queer" mean "got popular?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Unlike a lot of "modern rock" bands, at least this one has guitar solos.

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Pretty good. I'll have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:32 am

I like these guys! I hope they land a spot on one of the big summer tours!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 am

Lurideath wrote:
HORRIBLE!!! These guys are total "rock star egomaniacs"! This band SUCKS!!!!!! Yes I know the singer personally and he knows I think they suck so I am not talking smurf poo. Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277 Taking Dawn 355277

Well don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel about them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 pm

007 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Well don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel about them.

Taking Dawn Lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 pm

This album starts of really strong but by about halfway through the songs all started to sound the same. Still a keeper but overall the first half is a lot stronger than the second half IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am

I'm sure this will be a good disc!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:43 am

I just read that these guys are opening up for Slash on his current tour. So are these guys the "real deal" or not? Aside from Lurideath's harsh, yet honest opinion, and ToHo's thoughts, are these guys any good?

That 'Time to Burn' song was kinda catchy, but with some of these so-called "retro 80's" sounding bands, I can't always tell if they are doing it because they love the music or if it's just some kitchy joke and it's trendy now to like all things 80's.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Band attitudes notwithstanding... I DO like the two songs that are featured on here.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:38 am

They are a joke! Just watched that video they have and couldn't stop laughing at how cheesy and stupid it was. Party grunge alternative wannabe 80's metal but its so dumb it can't even live up to that.

That stupid band in the Star Wars movie is better than these stupidshits!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 am

Lurideath wrote:
They are a joke! Just watched that video they have and couldn't stop laughing at how cheesy and stupid it was. Party grunge alternative wannabe 80's metal but its so dumb it can't even live up to that.

ahahaahahahahaha...the cantina band? Taking Dawn 201269

Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 am

Stender wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

ahahaahahahahaha...the cantina band? Taking Dawn 201269

The band in Return of the Jedi is awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:49 am

Lurideath wrote:

Taking Dawn 201269 Man, you really don't like these guys, do you?

Ah well, as far as I'm concerned, they sound ok, but I don't see myself buying the album. Too much other stuff that I'd rather get first.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Metalguy, that is correct. Absolutely despise them.

Yeah the Cantina band smokes them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Dawn   Taking Dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking Dawn
Page 1 of 1