Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024

Go down 
+5
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 6:35 am

"Charlie's Angels: Behind the Camera" (2004)

Made-for-TV docudrama proclaims to be an "unauthorized" look behind the scenes of the tumultuous first season of the 70s jiggle private-eye show. The three girls playing Farrah, Kate, and Jaclyn are convincing lookalikes, the 70s period sets and fashions are a scream, and Dan Castallaneta (the voice of Homer Simpson!) is a hoot as pipe-smoking producer Aaron Spelling. The whole thing has a slightly tongue-in-cheek feel which makes this enjoyable junk.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19206

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 2:44 pm

The X Files
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 9:19 pm

"Ape x Mecha-Ape: New World Order" (2024)

When a massive Cthulhu-like tentacle monster rises from the ocean and attacks civilization, it will take the combined efforts of "Abraham" the giant ape and his mechanical counterpart "Mecha-Ape" to defeat the critter and save the planet.
In case you couldn't tell, this is the Asylum's mockbuster of "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire," with plenty of the same cheap CGI and gibberish scientific dialogue seen in the previous two "Ape" installments.
Fulfilling the Asylum's "former big name actor/actress slumming for a quick paycheck" quotient, Sean Young (of "Blade Runner" fame) turns up as an evil Congresswoman.
None of the "Ape" films have been great, obviously, but this one was probably the weakest of the three. However, fans of Asylum style schlock should still get a fair share of cheap, cheesy fun out of it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12750

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:15 am

"Author & Merlin" (2015)

A more traditional version of this familiar tale. Expected more magic and sword play than what I got. Using Celtic folklore and names was intriguing, but did not save the film from it's bastion of mediocrity. On the plus side, if you dig seeing some unique landscapes. This film does have that. I thought the actor playing the antagonist "Evil Druid" was dude that played one of the Cardassian's in "Deep Space Nine", but I was wrong. Dude resembles and sounds just like that other actor.

Using the Unicorn & Puppy Dog rating system, I give this film a solid 1 out of 5.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 12:12 pm

007 wrote:
First Blood (1982)

The Rambo series kicks off with this action packed film. Sylvester Stallone stars as the seminal Vietnam vet and drifter who runs afoul of a small Washington town sheriff (Brian Dennehy), kicking off an escalating war between Rambo and the police dept. , the U.S. Army and the National guard. A huge hit, this movie spawned something like 4 sequels.

Yes, it spawned four sequels.

First Blood is definitely my favorite of the five Rambo movies.

A bit of trivia that's quite interesting about the movie.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 3:06 pm

Smackdown
The X Files
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 8:21 pm

"Monster Mash" (2024)

Count Dracula enlists the help of the Wolfman, the Mummy, and the Invisible Man to help him rescue his daughter from Doctor Frankenstein (Michael Madsen), who has kidnapped her as part of a plot to make a new, even more dangerous creature than his previous Monster.
The Asylum's riff on classic monster movies has their usual soap-opera production values and cheap crap CGI, but surprisingly, "Monster Mash" was a cut above their usual brand of schlock. There's lots of cool, old-fashioned horror-movie atmosphere, the guy playing Dracula has got Bela Lugosi's deep-voice and cool accent down pat, and the rest of the cast seems to be having a good time, too. Color me pleasantly surprised by this one. "Monster Mash" might actually be worth a re-visit around Halloween.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 3:17 pm

AEW Collision
AEW Rampage
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40462

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 4:29 pm

Happy Gilmore (1996)

Adam Sandler's sports comedy about a failed hockey player who takes the golf world by storm in order to earn enough money to save his grandma's home from foreclosure. A rather funny film with a good cast including Christopher McDonald as the arrogant pro attempting to get Gilmore thrown off the tour, Carl Weather's as Gilmore is golf coach and Julie Bowen as the tour press secretary and Gilmore is love interest. I would be remiss in forgetting to mention Bob Barker in a hilarious caso as himself.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 6:28 pm

007 wrote:
Happy Gilmore (1996)

Adam Sandler's sports comedy about a failed hockey player who takes the golf world by storm in order to earn enough money to save his grandma's home from foreclosure. A rather funny film with a good cast including Christopher McDonald as the arrogant pro attempting to get Gilmore thrown off the tour, Carl Weather's as Gilmore is golf coach and Julie Bowen as the tour press secretary and Gilmore is love interest. I would be remiss in forgetting to mention Bob Barker in a hilarious caso as himself.

One of many reasons why I would say the 1990s had the best comedies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2024 9:31 pm

"Corman's World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel" (2011)

The news of Roger Corman's passing prompted me to revisit this thorough, entertaining doc about his 50+ years in the movie biz, starting with the drive-in era and going all the way through VHS and streaming. Loaded with clips from his classic back catalog and testimonies from the many Hollywood legends who got their start under Rog's umbrella (Jack Nicholson, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, William Shatner, etc., etc.). Hail to the King of the B's!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 2:52 pm

The X Files
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 8:48 pm

"American Hustle" (2013)

Made it about 1/2 hour before turning this sign off

It looked "appealing" on the shelf at the library Laughing very hard
The case had things like "10 Academy Award Nominations Including Best Picture". WTF is wrong lame

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 6:17 pm

AEW Dynamite
The X Files
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 3:16 pm

Smackdown
The X Files
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2024 10:00 pm

"Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" (2019)

The stoner duo (Jason Mewes and writer/director Kevin Smith) go on yet another cross-country road trip to stop Hollywood from "rebooting" the Bluntman & Chronic superhero characters based on them. Along the way they meet the daughter Jay never knew he had, encounter the KKK, meet an angry ride-share driver, and finally face the fanboys at the annual "Chronic-Con."
Kevin made this movie after recovering from his near-fatal 2018 heart attack, and it's basically a victory lap through his back catalog, with cameos by many old friends (Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, Joey Lauren Adams, Jason Lee, Justin Long, Craig Robinson, the cast of "Clerks," etc.) and constant call-backs to other "View Askew-niverse" movies. This "reboot" falls apart in the last quarter but it's silly fun, especially if you're a diehard KS fanboy (guilty).

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26395

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2024 10:46 am

Some sets from the Rock hard fest in Germany has been uploaded to YouTube. I watched K.K.'s Priest and Riot V.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2024 12:07 pm

Started the second season of Outer Range
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2024 2:58 pm

The X Files
NXT
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 10:36 am

Finished the second season of Outer Range
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 3:53 pm

AEW Dynamite
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2024 11:50 am

In The Heart of The Sea (2015)

Thor with an oar Laughing very hard

We get a very smart and very pissed off whale kickin' @$$ & taking names.
Then we get no Vegetarian options on the ol' menu
And the biggest surprise of all... Those in power did not want the truth to come out for the sake of profits. I am surprised "Moby Dick" has not been shit canned (AKA cancelled by the powder puff clan) due to it being a "white" whale. Maybe if the whalers were black and the whale was a cop Laughing very hard

This gets 2 unicorns and puppy dogs out of 5 possible. Due to the fact it showed how crazy those MF'ers were.... "Nantucket Sleigh-ride" anybody?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2024 2:54 pm

The X Files
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2024 3:19 pm

AEW Rampage
Smackdown
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26395

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2024 1:29 pm

Yesterday I watched women's college softball games of Missouri and Duke. Then Tennessee and Alabama.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024
Page 11 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next