Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WAYNE - Metal Church

Go down 
+3
mc666
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

WAYNE - Metal Church Empty
PostSubject: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:21 am

Drug out this CD today. Man, this is a great effort from David Wayne (R.I.P.) Far better than "Masterpeace" and probably even better than most of the Reverend material, save for the debut EP and maybe "Gathering of Demons".

Anyone else have this. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:48 am

One of my top 5 fav singers! I agree he goes back to what he did
best on the first 2 MC albums. I guess I never understood what he
was doing with that album title though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:50 am

Quote :
I guess I never understood what he
was doing with that album title though.

Capitalize on Metal Church's popularity. I am sure he thought that nobody would know who the heck "Wayne" is, but with a title like "Metal Church" it leaves no question.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am

Great album and talent. Favorite songs on there are the Choice and Hannibal (the Mississippi Queen cover is kinda weak though).Over all very solid. Shame about David Wayne. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:13 am

I like the Mountain cover.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:45 am

i was never a big fan of his vocal style. the first metal church was ok, but his vocals just turn me off. never bothered wth his solo stuff.

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:55 am

I remember when I got this CD first I didn't like it, I left it alone for a year or so and when he passed away I dug it out again and for some strange reason I loved it from then on, Yea the cover version is wicked.

A lot of people slate that CD too (I guess I was one at the begining too).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Just wrote a "review" of it for my site. It'll be up in the next update...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:06 pm

I liked certain songs from all his albums. I wish he did more of the mellower singing like he did on the beginning of Watch the children pray and Gods of wrath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 3:33 pm

troublezone wrote:
I liked certain songs from all his albums. I wish he did more of the mellower singing like he did on the beginning of Watch the children pray and Gods of wrath.

I agree and personally I perfer Mike Howe's vocals towards any of the other Metal Church Vocalists,

I think David's vocals are like Dave Mustaine for the simple reason that you will either like it or you don't.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 7:53 pm

I have this CD on order
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:47 pm

I have the Wayne disc and it's pretty killer stuff, I agree that it was WAY better than Metal Church's "Masterpeace."

When it first came out, I remember thinking that I would've loved to be a fly on the wall when Kurt Vanderhoof and the rest of the Metal Church guys first saw a copy of the CD... "That son of a (beep), he's using OUR band name as his album title, he's ripping off our logo, AND he's got the "guitar cross" on the front cover!"
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 12:29 am

Been listening to it for a few weeks now. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WAYNE - Metal Church
Page 1 of 1