Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!

Go down 
+6
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
mc666
exact33
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Empty
PostSubject: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:25 am

Not sure if its been posted here already but from blabbermouth:

HEAVEN AND HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) — is currently in discussions with various record labels about recording a brand new studio album in 2008, Butler has confirmed to Black-Sabbath.com. More information will be made available soon.

- - - -

🤘

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:27 am

i would certainly be interested in hearing a full length of Sabbath material. be it with Dio or Osbourne.

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:31 am

I hope this doesn't happen. Dehumanizer was hard enough to make it through. I don't want to imagine what this lineup will produce at this stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:22 am

spectrefate wrote:
I hope this doesn't happen. Dehumanizer was hard enough to make it through. I don't want to imagine what this lineup will produce at this stage.
Well, they produced three killer tunes on the Dio Years album, and they apparently didn't work on them for too long. And the Iommi album that Tony released a few years back was pretty killer. I'd love to hear something new.

The problem with this is going to be Dio. He's already made it clear that he's got plans for his own material before he retires or dies. Haha. He has two Imagica albums to finish, that's why he said he has no interest in devoting years to Heaven And Hell, be it touring or recording.

But if it does happen, I have high hopes for an outstanding album!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:45 am

YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

YEEESS!!!! YEEESSSS!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YES YES YES! YESSSSS!!!! YEEEES!!! YEAH!!!!!

*continues like that for about 12 hours.*
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Well, they produced three killer tunes on the Dio Years album, and they apparently didn't work on them for too long. And the Iommi album that Tony released a few years back was pretty killer. I'd love to hear something new.

The problem with this is going to be Dio. He's already made it clear that he's got plans for his own material before he retires or dies. Haha. He has two Imagica albums to finish, that's why he said he has no interest in devoting years to Heaven And Hell, be it touring or recording.

Pffft, I love Dio and the music on that album, but the Magica story was flimsy at best.

He might end up doing H&H for money reasons, I bet H&H pays the bills better then Magica.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Once again, I concur w/you........this could very well be a sign of the apocolypse!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:32 am

spectrefate wrote:

Dehumanizer was a solid effort, has some great jams on it, Dio put out some less then stellar lp's, then returned to greatness, no reason why they can't record a gem!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:35 am

candlemass wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Dehumanizer was a solid effort, has some great jams on it, Dio put out some less then stellar lp's, then returned to greatness, no reason why they can't record a gem!
i agree, i enjoyed Dehumanizer very much. if it's anything similar to that, i'd be pleased. Cool

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:33 am

I would LOVE to have an album of studio material from Heaven and Hell!!!

By the way, I was watching an interview with Ronnie James Dio on the new VH1 Classic the other day and Dio was very happy sounding about Heaven and Hell. He even stated that his band 'Dio' was currently on hold.

He didn't mention a new album with H&H however, but there was a 'hint' towards that in his voice!!!!

YAY!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:36 am

Could be interesting. I like the new songs they put together with Dio better than the new tracks they recorded with Ozzy a few years back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Could be interesting. I like the new songs they put together with Dio better than the new tracks they recorded with Ozzy a few years back.

Me too!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Pffft, I love Dio and the music on that album, but the Magica story was flimsy at best.

He might end up doing H&H for money reasons, I bet H&H pays the bills better then Magica.
Pffft! Don't you 'pffft' me! As for Magica, I don't care about the story; the music was excellent. Dio has two more to do, and he's said that those will take precedence. We'll see, though. Something tells me that this will all be shot down soon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:03 pm

I liked the new tracks on the dio comp. I am very interested in hearing more new material. I got the impression that after doing the new songs and touring the band was actually having fun again which may be the main reason why i really believe there will be a new album.

Alex

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Pffft! Don't you 'pffft' me! As for Magica, I don't care about the story; the music was excellent. Dio has two more to do, and he's said that those will take precedence. We'll see, though. Something tells me that this will all be shot down soon.

i fort magica was a great album as well. dios last few have all been great. i would love to hear a new dio sabbath album tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:36 pm

I would love to see them attempt this and actually make a KILLER record.
But does Iommi still have cool riffs that equal to Mob Rules or
Heaven and Hell ?

I've only heard the new Dio/Sabbath songs once and what they played
live at the shows and they seemed average at best. But like I said,
I really haven't heard them enough to make any judgment..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:41 pm

AriYah wrote:
I would love to see them attempt this and actually make a KILLER record.
But does Iommi still have cool riffs that equal to Mob Rules or
Heaven and Hell ?

I've only heard the new Dio/Sabbath songs once and what they played
live at the shows and they seemed average at best. But like I said,
I really haven't heard them enough to make any judgment..
Iommi can still write monster riffs. I love his Iommi album, I just think the choice of some singers didn't work. I would love to have had him use Serj Tankian throughout the whole album. That would have been killer!

But yes, I think would can all have faith that a new album would be killer. The three songs on the Dio Years album are excellent!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 pm

I think Iommi's "Fused" with Glenn Hughes was his best! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:51 pm

All I can say is that if this comes to pass.... WOOOOOT! (does happy dance)
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I diden't pffft you, I pufffted the idea that he wants to do more Magica.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:22 am

Why does everyone slam Dio's new stuff? I think it's great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:33 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I was kidding! just kidding
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:03 am

pffft Razz

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 10:51 am

I would much, much rather hear a new Dio-fronted Sabbath album than a new Ozzy-fronted Sabbath album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I was kidding! just kidding

Funny, I didn't see the humor in it, "metal nazi"! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!   Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential new Heaven and Hell album in 2008!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next