Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio

Go down 
+4
iamrockerfun
mc666
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Empty
PostSubject: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:24 am

WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/index.html

Quote :
October 26, 2007

Holy smurf poo! New Heaven & Hell album in 2008!

This
is a complete 100% about face from everything I've been told. Since
this project was started, I've been told not to expect anything past
the tour, which ends in November. It was all about Dio going to do a
new Magica album, etc, etc, etc... Well, spin my nipple nuts and send
me to Alaska - it looks like we're getting a new Black Sabbath
Heaven & Hell album in 2008, from Dio / Iommi / Butler / Appice.
Normally I wouldn't update sites on my anniversary, but this news was
too hot to hold back. Smile

I was just sent this press release and was told to post it - it will go out in England on Monday.

<blockquote>For Immediate Release -

There's
been much speculation of a forthcoming Black Sabbath reunion with the
original line-up with Ozzy Osbourne at the helm, but founding member
Geezer Butler has adamantly denied such rumors.

"Heaven
and Hell are currently in discussions with various record labels about
recording a brand new studio album in 2008," says Butler.

Black
Sabbath's recent incarnation as Heaven & Hell- fronted by Ronnie
James Dio on lead vocals, sees the seminal heavy metal band undertaking
a major UK arena tour this November. The band's moniker is taken after
Black Sabbath's critically acclaimed 1980 studio album "Heaven and
Hell" featuring the title track and the breakout hit "Neon Nights".
Ronnie James Dio replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath in 1980 and
the band went on to release four albums including 1980's "Heaven &
Hell", 1981's "Mob Rules", and the 1982 live album "Live Evil", as well
as the highly under rated "Dehumanizer" in June 1992.

Legendary
heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (Dio, Black Sabbath, Rainbow)
shares the spotlight on lead vocals, original Black Sabbath members
Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (Dio, Black
Sabbath) as they embark on a major 11-date UK arena tour starting at
Newcastle Metro Arena on Sunday 4th November.

The
"Heaven and Hell" UK tour continues at the Glasgow SECC (Nov 6),
Sheffield Arena (Nov 7), Manchester MEN Arena (Nov 9), London Wembley
Arena (Nov 10), Brighton Centre (Nov 11), Birmingham NEC (Nov 13),
Cardiff Arena (Nov 14), Nottingham Arena (Nov 15), Plymouth Pavilions
(Nov 17), Bournemouth BIC (Nov 18).

Click here for the UK press release.

Ticket Hotline: 0870 400 0688, Online Booking: http://www.livenation.co.uk - http://www.ticketrush.co.uk</blockquote>

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! I NEED TO GO CHANGE MY PANTS NOW!

Discuss this majorly exciting new development in our forums here.

Posted by Joe Siegler at 8:16 PM | Permalink

Quote :
November 1, 2007

New album with Dio Part II

A quick follow up. An interview surfaced on Komodo today where Ronnie Dio was asked about the new studio album with Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell. Ronnie confirms it too in the interview with this:

<blockquote>Q: There has been talk of maybe a new studio album from Heaven & Hell next year. Is that something that could happen?

Dio:
Yes, we have decided to do that. When it would be, I couldn’t tell you.
This is the last part of the tour after about 9 months on the road.
It’s time for us to take a little breather. When the time is right we
will get together and start writing for the next album, but as far as
the release date goes it will probably be later next year.
</blockquote>

There you have it, lads. It's looking promising for the 13 year overdue (when released) followup to Forbidden! Smile

There's
a lot of other stuff in that interview too about how the tour has been
going, crowds, what Dio thinks of the shows, and all that. It's a good
read; thanks to Blabbermouth for the link.

Posted by Joe Siegler at 1:37 PM | Permalink

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:27 am

That's good to hear. The three new songs on the Best Of were very good.

ult

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:36 am

i'm glad we're gonna get a full album of new stuff. i still think they should release it as Black Sabbath though, rather than Heaven & Hell. it was always Sabbath before.

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:37 am

Ugh. I'm standing my ground on this one. This album (if it indeed is produced) will be a dissappointment to the fans, not just myself. Too much time has passed. Magic has an expiration date. But we'll see.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:38 am

spectrefate wrote:
Ugh. I'm standing my ground on this one. This album (if it indeed is produced) will be a dissappointment to the fans, not just myself. Too much time has passed. Magic has an expiration date. But we'll see.

Did you not like the three new material they came up with for the "Dio Years" compilaton?

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:43 am

I thought those songs were about as good as most of the material on Dehumanizer, but honestly Dehumanizer had about three truly memorable songs.

Dio and Sabbath is the best singer/band mix they have ever had, but what made the 1980 and 1981 albums so special is not there any longer. I can say that with confidence because of what I have heard of the new studio tracks and the Live Heaven and Hell concert.

I wish no ill will to this venture, I just think its too little too late.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:44 am

but Tour in '08 gonna be ... probably ... very short ... IF ... i think they will not perform full tour
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:59 am

spectrefate wrote:

Speak for yourself, most of us fans are thrilled to hear this! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:01 am

Sounds sweet to me! I enjoyed the three new songs on the DIO YEARS compilation, and I'm sure the guys are quite revitalized by the positive response to their tour, which should translate into some kick-ass stuff for a new record!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:04 am

spectrefate wrote:

To Each...

Dehumanzier is one of my favourite albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:20 am

I'm just getting familiar with most of the Dio era Sabbath and like what I hear from the Best of and the most recent live album, so I'm sure I'LL like it, but again I'm not as picky as some of the people on this board (no offense).

mc666 wrote:
i'm glad we're gonna get a full album of new stuff. i still think they should release it as Black Sabbath though, rather than Heaven & Hell. it was always Sabbath before.

Unfortuantly, Sharon will not let that happen (greedy whitch) because she believes it is only Sabbath with her husband as vocalist.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 12:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm just getting familiar with most of the Dio era Sabbath and like what I hear from the Best of and the most recent live album, so I'm sure I'LL like it, but again I'm not as picky as some of the people on this board (no offense).

mc666 wrote:

Unfortuantly, Sharon will not let that happen (greedy whitch) because she believes it is only Sabbath with her husband as vocalist.

Sharon has no control of the Sabbath name, only Iommi does.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

mc666 wrote:

I didn't know that, in a magazine article, it stated that Iommi picked Heaven and Hell because Sharon didn't want Sabbath associated with Dio so I figured she had some say. Now that I realize Iommi owns the name, I recall somewhere that she threatened to pull her husband out of any possible Black Sabbath reunion so though she has no control over the name, she does have control over her husband.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:21 pm

I posted this like a month ago. I win!

Again.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Again.

Went unnoticed.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:11 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

mc666 wrote:

I didn't know that, in a magazine article, it stated that Iommi picked Heaven and Hell because Sharon didn't want Sabbath associated with Dio so I figured she had some say. Now that I realize Iommi owns the name, I recall somewhere that she threatened to pull her husband out of any possible Black Sabbath reunion so though she has no control over the name, she does have control over her husband.

That could be, I would understand that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:32 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Again.
Went unnoticed.
No it didn't.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Again.
Went unnoticed.
No it didn't.

By the whooping 3 posts after what you said? 2 by the same person? Real noticed there buddy.

Nothing else comes under search, which I did. And people have posted in this thread are acting surprised, its justified.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm

I'd like to see 'em do it just to spite Sharon. I can't stand her.

Otherwise, I stand by original post...

Quote :
Could be interesting. I like the new songs they put together with Dio better than the new tracks they recorded with Ozzy a few years back.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:55 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
people have posted in this thread are acting surprised

My reaction was more of an indigestion/heartburn kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:57 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
people have posted in this thread are acting surprised

My reaction was more of an indigestion/heartburn kind of thing.

New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Slap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:06 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Again.
Went unnoticed.
No it didn't.
By the whooping 3 posts after what you said? 2 by the same person? Real noticed there buddy.

Nothing else comes under search, which I did. And people have posted in this thread are acting surprised, its justified.
First off, I was joking with you. No need to get defensive because you failed to use the search function and put this info in the thread already discussing a potential studio album.

I was just joking with you, however. Not sure how that could be misconstrued when I sit there and say "I win!" But if you want to get down to it, using the search function is a forum courtesy. This is a community, remember. But my forum courtesy can go right out the window, too, so lay off the defensive replies. Please.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Again.
Went unnoticed.
No it didn't.

First off, I was joking with you. No need to get defensive because you failed to use the search function and put this info in the thread already discussing a potential studio album.

I was just joking with you, however. Not sure how that could be misconstrued when I sit there and say "I win!" But if you want to get down to it, using the search function is a forum courtesy. This is a community, remember. But my forum courtesy can go right out the window, too, so lay off the defensive replies. Please.

I used the search button, saw your post was largley ignored, decided it deserved it's own thread, made thread. As you may have noticed Scott, one of the forum leaders posted in this thread, seemingly unaware you posted anything about it. It deserved its own thread.

I have no idea when anyone is joking with anyone, Most of the forums I post on are larger forums with many many negative people, so I will get defensive sometimes because of that. Be aware on this one I tone down the swearing and insults because its more personal and I know you're not an a ss hole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I have no idea when anyone is joking with anyone, Most of the forums I post on are larger forums with many many negative people, so I will get defensive sometimes because of that. Be aware on this one I tone down the swearing and insults because its more personal and I know you're not an a ss hole.
Let's put it this way, if I were serious, you'd know it. And more importantly, I always joke around. That's my nature.

But again, I wasn't being serious with my first reply, so it's all good. But I do still believe this could have gone in the other thread. It is about a potential new album, so it essentially had it's own thread. Either way, if I were being serious I would have linked that other thread.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Let's put it this way, if I were serious, you'd know it. And more importantly, I always joke around. That's my nature.

But again, I wasn't being serious with my first reply, so it's all good. But I do still believe this could have gone in the other thread. It is about a potential new album, so it essentially had it's own thread. Either way, if I were being serious I would have linked that other thread.

Internet has the apparent disadvatage of not being able to use tone. Perhaps we need to employ the internet in Futurama.

New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Default_me

I'm also at my grouchiness because I've been moving to a new place and have lost alot of sleep and my muscles feel like they've been run over by a fire truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio   New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Heaven and Hell album confirmed by Dio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: