Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
John Madden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Empty
PostSubject: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 12:53 pm

One of the coach's favorite bands ever, but I lost interest after God Says No. 4 Way Diablo was the last one I bought... I also find it curious that Kyuss was accepted in the Metal Archives but not them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm

I dig'em, tho I lost track of them several years/albums ago. Powertrip, God Says No, and Monolithic Baby! are my favorites.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 2:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dig'em, tho I lost track of them several years/albums ago. Powertrip, God Says No, and Monolithic Baby! are my favorites.

Same here. But I did lose track of them after Powertrip. Superjudge and Powertrip are really good. But Dopes To Infinity is my personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 2:53 pm

John Madden wrote:
One of the coach's favorite bands ever, but I lost interest after God Says No. 4 Way Diablo was the last one I bought... I also find it curious that Kyuss was accepted in the Metal Archives but not them.

Pretty weird. Both bands should be accepted.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 5:33 pm

Powertrip is the only one of their releases I have, and I think its pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 10:27 pm

I bought their debut album on cassette around 1990. It was okay. I haven’t really followed them since.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2023 10:34 am

No real opinion. I listened to their Powertrip album quite a bit when it was new. Some real nice riffs. Catchy stuff, but not necessarily the kind of stuff I normally listen to a lot. I don't think I've listened to their other albums, at least not knowingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?   What's your opinion on Monster Magnet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your opinion on Monster Magnet?
Page 1 of 1