Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Magnet

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Shiney
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 5:03 pm

Quote :
MONSTER MAGNET has set "4 Way Diablo" as the title of its new album, due on November 2, 2007 via SPV Records. The CD was produced by Matt Hyde and features a cover version of The Rolling Stones' "2,000 Light Years from Home".

"4 Way Diablo" track listing:

01. 4 Way Diablo
02. Wall of Fire
03. You're Alive
04. Blow Your Mind
05. Cyclone
06. 2000 Light Years from Home (THE ROLLNG STONES cover)
07. No Vacation
08. I'm Calling You
09. Solid Gold
10. Freeze and Pixillate
11. A Thousand Stars
12. Slap in the Face
13. Little Bag of Gloom

MONSTER MAGNET mainman Dave Wyndorf was forced to halt work on the CD in February 2006 after overdosing on prescription drugs.

Hyde, who worked with MONSTER MAGNET on their "Powertrip" and "God Says No" releases, stated about the band's new CD back in March 2006, "I believe it has the potential to be their best record since 'Powertrip'."

MONSTER MAGNET's last studio album, "Monolithic Baby", was released in 2004 via SPV.
Awesome news! I actually thought Monster Magnet was over for a while. Recently there's been some vague news updates, but only on Blabbermouth. Hopefully this album kicks bunghole! I love this band.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 5:21 pm

Excellent! I was a latecomer to Monster Magnet (I had never heard them till the MONOLITHIC BABY album, which is kinda weird cuz they're from Jersey and so am I), but that disc kicked all kinds of ass, I would love to hear some new stuff.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm not familiar with these guys at all.

ult

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Man, I recommend anything from Superjudge on. Their stuff that came earlier—Monster Magnet, Spine Of God, 25...Tab—is all kind of long, dragged out, drugged out stoner rock. It's cool, but doesn't compare to the stuff that came after. They began to hit their stride with Superjudge.

When I send you those Nightingale discs, ult, I'll throw in a Monster Magnet comp.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 pm

i do not like these guys at all. the most boring stoner crap imaginable.

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:08 pm

mc666 wrote:
i do not like these guys at all. the most boring stoner crap imaginable.
Well...you stink!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I recommend anything from Superjudge on. Their stuff that came earlier—Monster Magnet, Spine Of God, 25...Tab—is all kind of long, dragged out, drugged out stoner rock. It's cool, but doesn't compare to the stuff that came after. They began to hit their stride with Superjudge.

Where does Powertrip fit in ? It's the only one I have of theirs but I think it's pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 2:49 pm

MAGNET is a decent band...nothing earthshatteringly new but solid and good...

I saw them open for WHITE ZOMBIE on their "La Sexorcisto" tour and it was killer!!!!

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:38 am

Shiney wrote:
MAGNET is a decent band...nothing earthshatteringly new but solid and good...

I saw them open for WHITE ZOMBIE on their "La Sexorcisto" tour and it was killer!!!!

Nice. I saw that tour, but I got Nudeswirl and Chemlab.

And 007, Powertrip is an excellent album. I'd have to say, though, that Dopes To Infinity is their best.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:50 am

NUDESWIRL were on the one I saw too...as was DANDELION...

Luckily I never had to sit thrugh CHEMLAB.....

"Superjudge" is my fave....

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:38 am

Shiney wrote:
NUDESWIRL were on the one I saw too...as was DANDELION...

Luckily I never had to sit thrugh CHEMLAB.....

"Superjudge" is my fave....
Chemlab were throwing out shirts that said "I F*CKED YOUR BOYFRIEND." Apparently they're gay, or just bad comedians. Someone in the crowd lit a shirt on fire and threw it back on stage! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:51 am

CHEMLAB had some association with NIN I believe, I think the shirts were just a ploy at controversy and attention....to mask their lack of talent..

I saw CHEMLAB with a ba called MONSTER VOODOO MACHINE when they opened for MARILYN MANSON in early '94....

MVM were good as were MARIYN but CHEMLAB were gawdawful!!

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:25 pm

Yeah, I didn't like Chemlab at all. And Monster Voodoo Machine were awesome! Suffersystem is highly recommended. They apparently just got back together. They've been broken up for ages.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Monster Magnet are boring and lame. No wonder Ult doesn't know about them. He's better for it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:46 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Monster Magnet are boring and lame. No wonder Ult doesn't know about them. He's better for it.
cheers

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:41 pm

GrandNational wrote:
So...Monster Magnet are just like this post? Sweet!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 pm

I have allot of their stuff, missing a few of the older releases, and I'd agree that their later material is better. Nice 70's-vibe-stoner-psychodelic hard rock. I usually have to be in the right mood for them. It's not the kind of music I reach for on a regular basis, but I like 'em. I'll be picking up the new one eventually.

Saw them a few years ago opening for Marilyn Manson. I'd only heard of them, but wasn't familiar with the music. Seeing them live got me interested. At the time, and considdering the audience of goth Manson fans, seeing some long-haired rockers kicking out the jams was quite refreshing.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:29 pm

I'll go for the not-a-fan option.

"modern" metal booooooooores me.

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'll go for the not-a-fan option.

"modern" metal booooooooores me.
Well, they're not metal and have more in common with 70s rock than anything modern.

But you can be a "not-a-fan." Laughing

Here are some videos for those curious:

TWIN EARTH
NEGASONIC TEENAGE WARHEAD
UNBROKEN (HOTEL BABY)
SEE YOU IN HELL
DOPES TO INFINITY
POWERTRIP
Back to top Go down

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Monster Magnet 433197

I can't wait for this album! That's a killer cover, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Monster Magnet 433197

I can't wait for this album! That's a killer cover, too.

Very cool indeed. That reminds me that I need to bust out some old MM this weekend. It's been too long since I spaced-out.
Back to top Go down

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:16 am

I love Monster Magnet and have all their studio stuff along with some hard to find stuff like their self-titled on Glitterhouse Records, 2 disc tour edition of Powertrip, and an interview promo cd of Dave done by the female bass player of White Zombie.

I would reccomend Spine of God, Superjudge and Powertrip to anyone who is not familier with anything other than Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Spacelord. Though I really enjoy all their albums.
Back to top Go down

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:36 am

So this one leaked. This is one of a few bands that I just can't resist downloading.

4-Way Diablo is, in a word...different. They say this was written before Dave OD'd, but I wonder how much of that previous work is presented here. 4-Way Diablo is a more subdued affair than I expected, less rockin', stripped down, and slightly experimental. It makes me wonder if this isn't a lot of Dave's solo album that he mentioned a few years back. From what I recall him saying about that solo album, this material seems like what he described. It's very possible that he scrapped the pre-OD material written for the next MM album, since those were presumably written when he was on drugs; something of a new start as he now seems to have kicked his habit. Who knows, now.

That said, after one listen, I'm very impressed. It's different, that's for sure, but the songs are really good. I can't wait to give it some proper spins when it's released officially.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:43 am

I need to get into these guys, I really like the Kick Out The Jams cover they did on one of my compilation CDs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 am

I like Monster Magnet. Superjudge, Dopes To Infinity (their best,imo) and Powertrip being my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Magnet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next