Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Magnet

Go down 
+8
nevermore
GrandNational
Gilbert
Shiney
troublemagnet
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Hells yeah!

Quote :
In celebration of the record's impending release, the band has re-launched its web site: MonsterMagnet.net. Focused around the late October worldwide release of "Mastermind", the re-launch also serves as the world premiere of the new album's cover artwork, designed by Invisible Creature (WOLFMOTHER, CHRIS CORNELL, FOO FIGHTERS).

"I'm extremely proud of this new album," says MONSTER MAGNET frontman Dave Wyndorf.
"It's been an amazing process, the songs are exactly what I wanted
them to be, and I'm proud to begin presenting this new phase of the band
on our new website."

"Mastermind" track listing:

01. Hallucination Bomb
02. Bored With Sorcery
03. Dig That Hole
04. Gods and Punks
05. The Titan Who Cried Like A Baby
06. Mastermind
07. 100 Million Miles
08. Perish In Fire
09. Time Machine
10. When The Planes Fall From The Sky
11. Ghost Story
12. All Outta Nothin'

Speaking to Metal Injection at this past April's Revolver Golden Gods Awards in downtown Los Angeles, guitarist Ed Mundell said about the new CD's musical direction, "It's more like space rock and THE STOOGES. There's no hit singles — it's all just rocking, lots of crazy effects. And Dave's singing better than ever. Lots of guitars. Four weeks of tracking guitars — nothing but guitars."

MONSTER MAGNET's last CD, "4-Way Diablo", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 81. The album, which was also produced by Hyde and featured a cover version of THE ROLLING STONES' "2,000 Light Years from Home", landed on the Swedish chart at No. 51. It sold 1,800 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

Monster Magnet Monstermagnetnewcd

Monster Magnet Monstermagnet2010

Last edited by Eyesore on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:37 pm

More from Dave:

Quote :
Magnet songwriter and front man, Dave Wyndorf, describes "Mastermind":

"It's a big, beefy ball of demented anthems and power rock." He says with enthusiasm.

"The music itself is exaggerated and muscular. Like classic rock gone insane! Giant hooks, giant sounds. The rockers are direct and intense. The ballads, trippy and strange. It's guitar heaven."

And the lyrics? Wyndorf laughs. "Well, the lyrics read like a fever-dream of life in the 21st century. Cynicism, optimism, satire, sex, deluded fantasies and dead-on reality. They're all here – sometimes even in the same song!"

"In my world, images, information and emotions tend to intertwine. I’ll describe the smallest details of my personal life in crazy, cinematic terms. When I write, the words play out in my mind like scenes from a movie and that's the vibe I tried to capture on "Mastermind" – rapid-fire emotion. What can I say? I'm having a weird life and I have to write it down that way."

"In the end though," says Dave, "Mastermind ROCKS, and that's what's most important."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:36 am

Coolness. Bring it on Dave!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:07 am

Looking forward to some new MM. Even brought Monolithic Baby into work this week. Groovy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 am

I love this band! Been a favorite of mine since I was a teen and I heard Superjudge.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 am

Eyesore wrote:
I love this band! Been a favorite of mine since I was a teen and I heard Superjudge.

I was aware of these guys around the time of Powertrip, but I became an instant fan when I saw them open for Marilyn Manson, which if I had to guess was probably around the release of God Says No. At the time, grunge, numetal, alternative, etc. were all the rage and these guys seemingly stepped out of Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine and just rocked my socks off.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I was aware of these guys around the time of Powertrip, but I became an instant fan when I saw them open for Marilyn Manson, which if I had to guess was probably around the release of God Says No. At the time, grunge, numetal, alternative, etc. were all the rage and these guys seemingly stepped out of Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine and just rocked my socks off.
They tour with Manson? Odd. Haha. But yeah, they're fantastic. And they're outstanding live.

I wonder if Dave is still drug free. He used to be ripped, but he got a bit tubby after he supposedly got sober. Hopefully he's still off the sauce. Fat and sober is probably better. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 am

Quote :
They tour with Manson? Odd. Haha. But yeah, they're fantastic. And they're outstanding live.

I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, they were a last minute addition after Hole dropped off the tour. I don't think they were on the original bill.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 am

Hole? Even odder. Haha.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Early Monster Magnet through Dopes To Infinity is excellent innovative stoner metal. They and Kyuss were the leaders in the early stoner metal movement. Monster Magnet up until 1998's Powertrip had a major Hawkwind/Psychedelic/Space Rock sound that was dominant in their songwriting. They haven't been the same band musically since.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hole? Even odder. Haha.

Yup. From what I found on-line, the tour was from back in 1999 and the line-up was MM/Hole/Manson. Hole dropped out after Marilyn made some comments about Courtney Love. I think someone else took the 2nd slot, but I can't remember who it was.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:30 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Early Monster Magnet through Dopes To Infinity is excellent innovative stoner metal. They and Kyuss were the leaders in the early stoner metal movement. Monster Magnet up until 1998's Powertrip had a major Hawkwind/Psychedelic/Space Rock sound that was dominant in their songwriting. They haven't been the same band musically since.
Well, they've tried some different things on every album. They haven't released a bad one yet, not even close.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Love me some MONSTER MAGNET....

I saw them with NUDESWIRL and WHITE ZOMBIE (1993)

and again with MONSTER VOODOO MACHINE and MARILYN MANSON (1994)

Killer live band. I dig all their smurf poo...my fave is still "Spine Of God"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Shiney wrote:
Love me some MONSTER MAGNET....

I saw them with NUDESWIRL and WHITE ZOMBIE (1993)

and again with MONSTER VOODOO MACHINE and MARILYN MANSON (1994)

Killer live band. I dig all their smurf poo...my fave is still "Spine Of God"
Man, I got gypped! I saw Chemlab with Nudeswirl and White Zombie, and they sucked. Nudeswirl, though, instantly became a favorite of mine that night. Amazing band.

And Monster Voodoo Machine are fantastic as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:20 am

Sounds cool!

Quote :
According to U.K.'s Rock Sound, MONSTER MAGNET mainman Dave Wyndorf has launched his own record label dubbed Studio 13. Although the imprint will initially focus on releasing seven-inch singles and accompanying download cards featuring MONSTER MAGNET-related music, the label will eventually consider adding other artists to its roster.

"Right now it's not about making tons of money; it's making a cool little place where I can put out my music," said Wyndorf. "In the land between demos and giant finished rock records, there is a cool area, an area where the ideas are fresh and mistakes are there but they are good mistakes. There is really something special about material that is fresh out of the head onto a tape machine and right out the door."

Studio 13's first release — to be made available on the band's forthcoming European tour — will be a reworked version of "Superjudge" — the title track of MONSTER MAGNET's 1993 album — and a song called "She Digs That Hole", which Dave describes as a "demented psychedelic love song about a gypsy women who picks up girls for the band to Smurf."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 am

Quote :
Focused around the late October worldwide release of "Mastermind"

Has a solid release date been established yet?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:57 am

The 29th, it looks like: http://tinyurl.com/2vjq6yc (that's just a long link to Napalm Records)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 am

Man, I love these guys!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&playlist=8064051&pt=1&i=1&videoid=106672952

Awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:17 am

What kind of metal do they play? I saw a best-of at a nearby record shop, but i wasn't sure if i'd get it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:00 am

Why not watch a video or something? You know, click the link above.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
Why not watch a video or something? You know, click the link above.

There are restrictions around here, bro. I can't open all links Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:49 pm

They are generally categorized as a stoner metal band. The earlier material fit more in that mold I think. Their later stuff is more like 70's rock or metal.

Loud fuzzy guitars, some well-placed Deep Purple-esqe organ, strong, clear vocals and songs about cars, chicks, space ships, comic books, etc.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:26 am

Cool, i'm in.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 am

Great video. Looks like even supervillains are having a hard time in this tough economy. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 am

'Tis a sad state of affairs when villians can't find work. Song's cool. Sounds like classic MM to me.

Monster Magnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Magnet
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next