Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New KK’s Priest

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Glower
Troublezone
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2023 11:48 pm

James B. wrote:
Imagine a product for geriatric metal musicians. surprised

Depends with studs or denim and leather don\'t know

I will be rocking well into my older years. Literally, in a chair. LOL
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2023 6:50 am

Ordered my copy. Now the wait!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 10:10 pm

I got my copy today!

I’m very pleased with this album. KK is kicking ass! 

I’m kinda glad they denied him back in Priest. Now I have two bands to enjoy. KK has done well mixing some of the classic Priest sound with modern power and production. It’s basically Sin After Sin and Stained Class meets Painkiller.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 10:38 pm

From my back porch... creativity has been ruined by nostalgia and technology.

This music exemplifies this exponentially (IMHDO)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 12:39 am

James B. wrote:
From my back porch... creativity has been ruined by nostalgia and technology.

This music exemplifies this exponentially (IMHDO)

Oh, bah humbug! 

I don’t know what you expect… everything has essentially been done. If you’re going to use nostalgia, all I ask is that you do it well. Technology is unavoidable. I think it’s good used sparingly for enhancing the clarity of the music, but I do draw a line when it makes the music sound too artificial. When I say that, I mean taking away too much of the “human factor” (like the Metal Church song was about). 

Btw… speaking of nostalgia, didn’t you recently praise that new Rolling Stones tune? They have never really strayed far from their core sound. What’s the difference with KK’s Priest? KK is keeping it real. He’s playing a sound that he helped create.

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 1:43 am

Man, whatever James! lol Does anyone just listen to music anymore without it needing to be some deep dive into everything about it? I thought it was a great album, and hope they make many more. It's a better album than the first by far, and the first one wasn't bad either. I think it's creative, and sounds great. The production, especially on my vinyl copy is outstanding. The only thing I could do without on it is some of Rippers parts could have been toned down a bit. 8/10...

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 3:31 am

Troublezone wrote:

Oh, bah humbug! 

I don’t know what you expect… everything has essentially been done. If you’re going to use nostalgia, all I ask is that you do it well. Technology is unavoidable. I think it’s good used sparingly for enhancing the clarity of the music, but I do draw a line when it makes the music sound too artificial. When I say that, I mean taking away too much of the “human factor” (like the Metal Church song was about). 

What do you expect? Not everyone digs the same shit. Laughing very hard

Troublezone wrote:
Btw… speaking of nostalgia, didn’t you recently praise that new Rolling Stones tune? They have never really strayed far from their core sound. What’s the difference with KK’s Priest? KK is keeping it real. He’s playing a sound that he helped create.

The difference is I dig the Stones core sound. (IMHDO) Priest's core sound was the 70's and what KK is doing is not real. It is contrived modern crap that I do not want to listen to. No big deal.

Glad you dig on it. headbanger

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 3:34 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Man, whatever James! lol Does anyone just listen to music anymore without it needing to be some deep dive into everything about it? I thought it was a great album, and hope they make many more. It's a better album than the first by far, and the first one wasn't bad either. I think it's creative, and sounds great. The production, especially on my vinyl copy is outstanding. The only thing I could do without on it is some of Rippers parts could have been toned down a bit. 8/10...

Glad you dig it headbanger

You give me the business about a deep dive and then post 50+ words about it Laughing very hard
5X more than I did.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 5:29 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Oh, bah humbug! 

What do you expect? Not everyone digs the same shit.   Laughing very hard

Troublezone wrote:

The difference is I dig the Stones core sound. (IMHDO) Priest's core sound was the 70's and what KK is doing is not real. It is contrived modern crap that I do not want to listen to. No big deal.

Glad you dig on it. headbanger

I was referring to your assessment (from your back porch) that nostalgia is a bad thing. Pay attention! Laughing

Of coarse I like it… I like quality metal that is performed well.

Don’t hate on KK because his playing evolved far beyond the Chuck Berry style. Ol’ Keef keeps that alive just fine.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 9:36 am

Troublezone wrote:

Don’t hate on KK because his playing evolved far beyond the Chuck Berry style.

Laughing very hard

FFS, not liking something is not hating on it.
BTW, I dig KK over Tipton headbanger

Troublezone wrote:
Ol' Keef keeps that alive just fine.

If that is all you hear, start a GoFundMe for a better stereo Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 11:07 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Don’t hate on KK because his playing evolved far beyond the Chuck Berry style.

Laughing very hard

FFS, not liking something is not hating on it.
BTW, I dig KK over Tipton headbanger

Troublezone wrote:
Ol' Keef keeps that alive just fine.

If that is all you hear, start a GoFundMe for a better stereo Laughing very hard

Maybe you should sell me your stereo, because that thing must be some magical shit. Or you’re smoking some good shit while listening to it.  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 12:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Maybe you should sell me your stereo, because that thing must be some magical shit. Or you’re smoking some good shit while listening to it.  Laughing very hard

cheers

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 4:31 pm

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Glad you dig it headbanger

You give me the business about a deep dive and then post 50+ words about it Laughing very hard  
5X more than I did.

That’s wasn’t a deep dive, just talking in general about the album. All I’m saying is enjoy it for what it is, without labels and judgements. If you don’t like the music because you don’t like it, fine. But judging it because of it being “nostalgic” then I don’t get where you’re coming from. I don’t like the album because the song titles reminds me of classic Priest, I like it because it’s kick ass metal music. From your statement, it seems like you automatically don’t like it because of “nostalgia”. That’s why I say WHATEVER lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 9:20 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
it seems like you automatically don’t like it because of “nostalgia”. That’s why I say WHATEVER lol

"Let me "splain"... My "nostalgia" comment is in regards to bands purposely reliving the past by trying to write shit that is not in them anymore. (IMHDO) The "nostalgia" is on the writer's part and usually sounds contrived. Which takes creativity out the window.

If somebody digs it cause it takes them back, the "nostalgia" is on the listener's part.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 9:37 am

Like I said…whatever
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 9:49 am

Human brains can be a funny thing. You get an idea in your head and you are convinced everyone else is crazy if they see or hear things differently than we do. 

There is no universally agreed upon perfect band or artist. We all have different tastes (and sometimes our former taste changes). 

Some people want (and expect) the same thing regurgitated over and over. Others welcome some change and like seeing an artist push their boundaries. It ultimately is in the eye of the beholder.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 10:03 am

My opinions…

A band I wish didn’t stray too far from their roots: Metallica

A band that I (and almost everyone) expects to stay the same: AC/DC. 

Bands that I’m glad they expanded their sound and playing skills: Judas Priest and Pantera.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 3:57 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Like I said…whatever

cool

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 3:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:

(IMHDO) They changed tonz after Bon passed.
....and again after "Back In Black"
They began to suck major @$$ Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 9:01 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

(IMHDO) They changed tonz after Bon passed.
....and again after "Back In Black"
They began to suck major @$$ Laughing very hard

Although I like Bon way better, they generally have stuck to the same formula. 

Not sure how they changed so much as you say…

Back in Black is one of the greatest albums ever! It’s similar to Highway to Hell. Of coarse it would’ve been even better if Bon sang on it! I think Mutt Lange made them sound better.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 8:16 am

This is a really good album. I am impressed. Damn Ripper sounds strong here. I didn't think he had it in him anymore. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 8:27 am

Lari wrote:
This is a really good album. I am impressed. Damn Ripper sounds strong here. I didn't think he had it in him anymore. Wow!

Album of the year?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 9:09 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Album of the year?

I'll get back to you in January...

...of 2027. That's when I'll probably have an idea of everything that was released in 2023.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 1:55 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Album of the year?

I'll get back to you in January...

...of 2027. That's when I'll probably have an idea of everything that was released in 2023.

I knew that would be your reply Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New KK’s Priest   New KK’s Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New KK’s Priest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: